The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #81
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I too am so happy to see your progress, dcat! I think the Leo super kick seems like it could use another frame or two of animation, but other than that, it seems to be coming along great!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #82
Seurat
Foot Soldier

It's been a few months since I've checked out the forums, and quite coincidental that my first appearance isn't too far after dcat's.

Hmm... wanna beef up that tornado spin kick, eh? Do you mean in terms of power, or giving it a more impressive appearance? If it's the latter, perhaps some blue flames around his foot for the final kick would make it more impressive (If Leo having magical firey feet seems silly to you, think of it as being artistic license, and that those flames aren't real, so much as they are a visual metaphor. Just like stars above a dazed cartoon character's head, they'd be representative to the viewer).

Don: Well that was easy.
Leo: Yeah, a little too easy.

Don: Look! It's Raph!
Mike: Yeah, a little too Raph!

Seurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #83
dcat
Foot Soldier

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I think I've come up with a pretty sweet solution. Here's Leo's 2nd on the ground Super Attack "Spin Kick Tornado"

All that's left to code is the Aerial Super Attack, plus intros/winposes and alternate versions of the Special Attacks. I need to implement level 3 supers in the 3 other turtles as well and then they'll all be released.
dcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #84
KagePakkun
New Recruit

That looks really awesome! I love your work!

Will you be doing Master Splinter? I know it takes a long time to make a MUGEN char...so if you don't want to... I'll understand.

Also....I have a question: Why exactly did you chose to do the Turtles in the '87 style? Not that I'm complaining, cause their awesomeness is awesome.
KagePakkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #85
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Dcat,
I'm actually in the process of creating a Catwoman April O'Neil Mugen character. It's more of just a full sprite edit of maximoff's Cheeta (sprites originally taken from Justice League Task Force game). Maximoff's version lacked any throw or thrown animations however, so that's what is currently giving me the most frustrating trying to fix, since I'm not a very experienced Mugen creator. Perhaps I can send what I've got to you sometime for your advice on fixing my problem with the throwing code?

View my sketch work!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #86
dcat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagePakkun View Post
That looks really awesome! I love your work!

Will you be doing Master Splinter? I know it takes a long time to make a MUGEN char...so if you don't want to... I'll understand.

Also....I have a question: Why exactly did you chose to do the Turtles in the '87 style? Not that I'm complaining, cause their awesomeness is awesome.
I don't know about Splinter as it stands there's only about 5 or so source sprites of him that I can work with, and I'd have to edit upwards of 100 or so additional sprites so that he'd be a decent character, on par with my others.

The original Saturday morning cartoon was the stuff that 80's babies like myself were raised on. Turtles were quite literally everywhere
and I have fond memories of playing the beat-em up games by Konami on SEGA genesis as well as at the old arcades. Turtles from 2 of the tournament fighter games were pre-existing but there hadn't been any quality done incarnations using their beat-em up sprites (probably due to the amount of work it requires to hand-craft supplemental sprites & new animations). So I ripped what I could from the games and filled in the rest on my own. Its hard work but the end result makes it worth it.

@oldmanwinters : You need to add in all of the missing required sprites into the character's .SFF file. Find this image in your Mugen Docs folder and add in those specific sprites according to their approximate axis placement to the .SFF of your character. Look at one of my characters or Kung Fu Man to get an idea of how the placement works.

Here's a teaser to show that I have in fact been working on these guys since I've last posted, (nonstop it seems). This features the second special intro between Raphael and Leonardo. Plus the updated sprites for Raph's randomized taunts.

And here's my edited Turtle Van sprite from the first Konami Arcade game that'll be aiding Donatello in his Level 3 super attack:

more to come...

Last edited by dcat; 09-10-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #87
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcat View Post

@oldmanwinters : You need to add in all of the missing required sprites into the character's .SFF file. Find this image in your Mugen Docs folder and add in those specific sprites according to their approximate axis placement to the .SFF of your character. Look at one of my characters or Kung Fu Man to get an idea of how the placement works.
I'll take your advice and give it a look. I have already tried to replace the missing sprites, but looking at the .def file makes me think the code for the throw actions hasn't been written yet. Still, it's been a while since I messed with it so I'll give a fresh look and see what happens.

BTW, your Turtle Van edit looks awesome! I can't wait to see what you've got down the pipeline. I hope you are able to come up with a Splinter edit in some capacity, even though his existing materials are sadly insufficient for a good character.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #88
dcat
Foot Soldier

My computer had to be wiped clean after a stubborn virus got into the inner workings. Luckily I backed up my old work and I'm still working on the turtles

-Fixed issues with Raph's Rampage super not juggling the opponent in MUGEN RC.8

-Leonardo's Roto Cutter move is now stationary ala TMNT 3 Manhattan Project
has an added vortex pulling effect on the nearby opponents
-The length of Leo's Tornado Spin Kick Super will be lessened considerably (possibly remove wall hit state altogether)

-Donatello's LV 3. Similar to Vega's Super Psycho Crusher
Donatello winds up then slides towards the enemy striking his Bo against the floor generating a spark. Final hit launches enemy towards the wall, then Don recedes and reappears onscreen in the Turtle Van

Turtle Van Only inflicts One Hit that spins the opponent
Old 09-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #89
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Turtle Van Only inflicts One Hit that spins the opponent
Spoiler:
That picture... is SO awesome!

BTW, sorry to hear about your hard drive trouble. I'm so glad you were smart enough to have backed up your files in advance!

View my sketch work!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #90
Cobra5000
Random Punk

Can you add the tmnt red-sky soundclips to your new version of mugen TMNT characters?
Cobra5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #91
dcat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra5000 View Post
Can you add the tmnt red-sky soundclips to your new version of mugen TMNT characters?
Its funny that you posted this because that's what I've been doing. Its impossible to find clips of any season before Red Sky on the internet so those are going to be added to the turtles audio files. I don't want to get too caught up in adding sound clips though, they could make the resulting filesize huge.

-I've added Donatello's Heel Drop move from Tournament Fighters (NES), its nowhere near as cheap as it was in the source game though.
-Leonardo's 3 supers, 1 hyper, 3 specials. complete

-I'll be giving Michelangelo a Spinning Piledriver command throw that he'll most likely incorporate in his hyper attack as well.

sorry its taking so long I'll post a video once I've made more progress
Old 09-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #92
Ninjinister
無問題

Flippin' amazing. lol, poor Skate.

Mikey's Spinning Piledriver sounds awesome. Will it be a 360 move like 'gief's?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #93
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
Its impossible to find clips of any season before Red Sky on the internet so those are going to be added to the turtles audio files.
If you haven't already seen them, we have some sound clips here that you're welcome to use.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #94
MrDizzyDEE
Foot Soldier

OMG, this game looks so awesome man! Kudos, for being so dedicated!
Old 10-10-2010, 12:06 AM   #95
dcat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
If you haven't already seen them, we have some sound clips here that you're welcome to use.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've got some audio rips that I'd like to contribute but I don't have the info on which episodes they originated from, is that alright?

Here's the new preview video of what I've been up to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BKKoWVu-gw
Old 10-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #96
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

Here's the new preview video of what I've been up to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BKKoWVu-gw
Mmmmm... virtual poetry in motion!

View my sketch work!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #97
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've got some audio rips that I'd like to contribute but I don't have the info on which episodes they originated from, is that alright?
Sure, we'd be glad to accept them even without that info. Thanks!

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:52 AM   #98
dcat
Foot Soldier

Michelangelo's Air Launcher Preview video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stz9Lw_uFtI

Busy working on Michelangelo:
-Restricted Light Kick (State 230) to prevent infinities
-Gave him an aerial launcher for extended air combos
-Hammering out the specifics of his Level 3 super
-Reworking the wall Hit custom state to utilize homing helpers has been successful save for the fact it doesn't function properly in simultaneous survival mode
-Thus I've been completely frustrated that there isn't a seamless workaround for detecting survival mode for both winmugen and 1.0 that doesn't yield false positives in arcade or vs mode...

Thanks for the continued interest guys more to come...
Old 01-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #99
dcat
Foot Soldier

TMNT for MUGEN Leonardo by Dcat Released! (1/23/2011)

Finally reached a point of completion with these guys. Their special intros with one another won't be triggered in WinMugen (its some weird thing that the old engine can't pick up on.). Anyway, if you want to use them to their fullest you need to install them in MUGEN 1.0. Please let me know any bugs or issues you find, thanks.

CREDITS:
========
*** Peter Laird & Kevin Eastman's MIRAGE studios for first developing the
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and bringing joy to millions of kids
and adults alike through the franchise

*** Cybaster, Shwa, & RajaaBoy for thoroughly beta testing each turtle ad nauseum
& the various gameplay fixes and suggestions throughout
*** Cyanide for Helper binding fix
*** RicePigeon, Cyanide, Caddie for fall.defence_up/damage dampener workarounds
*** N-Mario for first getting me interested in creating MUGEN content

*** Special thanks to Seurat, Oldmanwinters, R-iZZy, The Ninjinister
from the Technodrome Forums for Idea Engineering

& Lastly you, for your amazing patience, enjoy.

UPDATE - 1/24/2011
===================

The Problem with the Intros not activating in WinMugen has been resolved by KojiroBADNESS!
I feel like I'm a bit of a broken record here but I reccomend everyone redownload each character. They are now fully backwards compatible with WinMugen and their special intros will display thanks to KojiroBADNESS rewriting the triggers.

Apparently WinMugen has an issue with not recognizing Enemies at the start of a round so he fixed the initial triggers I'd written to p2name and everything works flawlessly. Please update them yet again.

http://dcat.mugen-infantry.net/

Leonardo
Raphael
Michelangelo
Donatello

Last edited by dcat; 01-24-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #100
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

*gets down on knees and bows*

I've been wishing for something like this on Mugen for years, but my lack of talent meant all I can do is wish for someone to also have the same ideas.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.

Last edited by TerranigmaFreak; 01-23-2011 at 04:25 PM.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mugen, video games