無問題

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutanimals #2 Preview & Discussion

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...2/1100-151753/

Spoiler:
Female Null confirmed
Old 03-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Mutagen Man is seriously breaking my heart...

And I'm kinda surprised part of the interview didn't involve Lindsey asking "Excuse me, Madame, but why is your skin red and why do you have horns coming out of your skull?"
Old 03-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
And I still think that is an improvement.

Although, I kinda figured Lindsey would be more curious as to why there's a damn demon sitting in front of her...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:53 AM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Although, I kinda figured Lindsey would be more curious as to why there's a damn demon sitting in front of her...
I suppose we can assume that Lindsey is willing to... Make a deal with the Devil!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:57 AM   #5
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

(I hope it's okay but I'm going to escew spoiler tags and assume anyone reading this read the preview.)

Lindsey continues to roll with the weirdness around her. Offered a job at Stockgen making mutants? Same job by a mutant cat? Now by a she devil? Sure, but let's discuss dental.

Ms Null seems intent on replacing the human race with something new. Presumably mutants. Which...is exactly what Hob wants to do. Seems a phone call would save a lot of trouble. More seriously, will this observation start to sink in on the rest of the team?

So is Null a member of the Pantheon as others have speculated or did she upgrade herself? Is she an ageless force like Kitsune or the Rat King playing her own chess game or does she have a background as a disgruntled woman who has rejected humanity?

The tension in that meeting room is palatable. All three women would be on board with backstabbing each other at the drop of a hat. I can see why Jillian and Lindsey broke up. As for Lindsey, the direction of that conversation might have me questioning my choice to sign up with Null.

Of course Mondo has the art of r&r down. This is one of the neater aspects of a series like Mutanimals. How do people dropped into our world define themselves? They have no parents, no normal family, and aren't naturally connected to human culture. They have to forge their own identity. It's part of what the original Turtles comics explored. After Shredder, then what? After you've fought the bad guy, who are you?

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 03-22-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:59 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I suppose we can assume that Lindsey is willing to... Make a deal with the Devil!
She's gonna play the fiddle for Null?
Hahahaha!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:02 AM   #7
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
In what sense ? The only improvement I want to see is Andy Khun's art.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
In what sense ?
With a male character the general design elements look silly, with a female it's sexy.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:06 AM   #9
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
With a male character the general design elements look silly, with a female it's sexy.
Are you serious bro ?
Old 03-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #10
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

I'm not familiar with the original comics, but from what I saw, I think female Null's design works well. She's lovely, in her own way, but inhuman. It does bring up questions, like how she runs a corporation looking like that (not questions that can't easily be dealt with mind you). I can accept that Lindsey either addressed her in-humanness off panel because it isn't time for us as the audience to know. Or that Lindsey is intimidated enough not to ask. As I said, she has been seeing weird stuff for ages now.

I'm not really interested in Bishop, if anything, I'm annoyed at the constant calls for him to come and beat up all the already established amazing characters. We have a glut of villains that need story time already. But as a representative of the government in partnership to Null? This seems like a decent opportunity.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #11
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
(I hope it's okay but I'm going to escew spoiler tags and assume anyone reading this read the preview.)

Lindsey continues to roll with the weirdness around her. Offered a job at Stockgrn making mutants? Same job by a mutant cat? Now by a she devil? Sure, but let's discuss dental.

Ms Null seems intent on replacing the human race with something new. Presumably mutants. Which...is exactly what Hob wants to do. Seems a phone call would save a lot of trouble. More seriously, will this observation start to sink in on the rest of the team?

So is Null a member of the Pantheon as others have speculated or did she upgrade herself? Is she an ageless force like Kitsune or the Rat King playing her own chess game or does she have a background as a disgruntled woman who has rejected humanity?

The tension in that meeting room is palatable. All three women would be on board with backstabbing each other at the drop of a hat. I can see why Jillian and Lindsey broke up. As for Lindsey, the direction of that conversation might have me questioning my choice to sign up with Null.

Of course Mondo has the art of r&r down. This is one of the neater aspects of a series like Mutanimals. How do people dropped bit our world define themselves? They have no parents, no normal family, and aren't naturally connected to human culture. They have to forge their own identity. It's part of what the original Turtles comics explored. After Shredder, then what? After you've fought the bad guy, who are you?
LOL. Lindsey obviously has her priorities; she knows that good health insurance is hard to come by!

Until I see otherwise, I'm assuming Null is a human woman who upgraded herself. And Old Hob already started a fight with Bebop & Rocksteady when he found out they used to be humans...
Old 03-20-2015, 09:20 AM   #12
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
LOL. Lindsey obviously has her priorities; she knows that good health insurance is hard to come by!

Until I see otherwise, I'm assuming Null is a human woman who upgraded herself. And Old Hob already started a fight with Bebop & Rocksteady when he found out they used to be humans...
Yeah, Hob has his share of cognitive dissonance going on. Deep down, he loves what Null has been doing, because it gives him someone to fight a war against, and to dish out the pain he's had heaped upon himself on others. The plan he mentioned to Slash will probably be rather messy. Perhaps Slash proposes an alternate, stealthier, less risky and less human carnage plan? Will that start the signs of a split?
Old 03-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Are you serious bro ?
Yes, I am.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:25 AM   #14
Duke Nukem
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Are you serious bro ?
Sure, I can see that. I don't know about the horns and all but I assume a demoness has quite a bit of skill in sinful arts.
Duke Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Yeah, Hob has his share of cognitive dissonance going on. Deep down, he loves what Null has been doing, because it gives him someone to fight a war against, and to dish out the pain he's had heaped upon himself on others. The plan he mentioned to Slash will probably be rather messy. Perhaps Slash proposes an alternate, stealthier, less risky and less human carnage plan? Will that start the signs of a split?
Quite the astute observation!

I think it's safe to say Hob's plan involves stalking that civilian scientist leaving the compound, following him home, and then threatening to cut him up into pieces and put him in a jar like Mutagen Man unless he gets them inside and/or tells them where any other mutants are.

I really wanna know if Hob has a plan to take out his fellow Mutanimals if they turn against him, like Batman in the Justice League...
Old 03-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #16
PaulAllor
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

It's too bad this is only a five-page preview, since page six is legitimately one of my favorite pages that I've ever written. Something to look out for when the issue drops next week.
PaulAllor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAllor View Post
It's too bad this is only a five-page preview, since page six is legitimately one of my favorite pages that I've ever written. Something to look out for when the issue drops next week.
Dangit, man, you just made the wait THAT MUCH HARDER!

I just noticed that Herman has milk running down his chin at the end of page 1. That cracked me up!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:35 AM   #18
ChosenOne
Banned

I guess this makes Herman TMNT's answer to TWD's Olivia, then.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I wonder if Null this time will kill the Mutanimals off this time (or send robots to do it)...
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #20
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I wonder if Null this time will kill the Mutanimals off this time (or send robots to do it)...
Too much drama...too many deaths...please make it stop...

Tags
idw, mutanimals, null