The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-29-2023, 05:54 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

X-Men movie (Marvel Studios)

Marvel Studios is taking pitches for "X-Men" this fall. So, like, now.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/marvel-...-pitches-soon/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 07:03 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

MCU X-Men Predictions:

-Race swapped Charles Xavier.
-Bishop and Storm pushed to the forefront, Storm is, of course the team leader.
-Cyclops is an overbearing buffoon, jock that learns over time to be a "woke white guy" as approved by POC's in the story.
-True Villains are all white males, woke symbolism approved
-Any non-white villain is revealed to be "misunderstood" instead
-Some clown fandom will find these predictions to be unreasonable, even against last two years of Marvel-pattern and will pitch a fit at these predictions
-Same clown fandom will defend all of these predictions once they come true
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 07:28 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Man, there are so many ways they could just completely kill this movie right out of the gate. Hopefully Feige isn't stupid.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:36 PM   #4
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
MCU X-Men Predictions:
-Bishop and Storm pushed to the forefront, Storm is, of course the team leader
With Storm, it wouldn‘t even be a change, she used to be team leader in the 90s.

Not that I think they would make a good movie but having some sort of political message in it would be true to the original comics which were all about the civil rights movement, allegorically.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 10:21 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
With Storm, it wouldn‘t even be a change, she used to be team leader in the 90s.

Not that I think they would make a good movie but having some sort of political message in it would be true to the original comics which were all about the civil rights movement, allegorically.
I think definitely a level of... political allegory and the like is to be expected. You can go a lot of ways with mutantphobia, of course. But if they were to do something like, for example, replacing Auschwitz and nazi stuff surrounding Magneto -- stuff we can all agree were evil and horrible, both back then and now -- and instead plugging in stuff about, say, modern day racism or "systemic racism" in America... that's going to be extremely divisive.
Old 09-30-2023, 01:47 AM   #6
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Hopefully Feige isn't stupid.
I wouldn't hope for that anymore. The guy had approved existence Marvels and recent MCU TV series.

On the other hand, with a new Iger's directive to distance Disney from "culture war", he might be less concerned with adding SJW spiels into a movie and just making it a good movie, like old good times.

In general, as someone who didn't liked Fox's X-Men movie and found them dull and boring (except for First Class, Days of Future Past and Logan) I am not sure what they can do to make not boring for me.

For one, not having Wolverine as a central character would be a good idea. Also, making Cyclops a competent leader, not a bland stand-in in the background. Making Storm having a decent amount of screen time and having an adult (sexy?) Rogue would help. If Storm leads X-Men - it would be good as well, just not make it Wolverine focused.

It would be good, if their movie finally moved away from Xavier / Magneto rivalry and just tried to do something new.

Having a new villain, who is not tied to Magneto or military would help immensely. Not necessarily Apocalypse - this guy can serve as a Thanos-like threat for a MCU as a whole later, but someone like Mr. Sinister (and leave his OG origin intact for a wackiness (not that they do it)) or a Shadow King (diversity, yay!). Magneto can come into the picture later.

Also, please no time travel - this **** confuses the **** out of everyone. Save all the crazy shenanigans for later, if needed.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 02:27 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

My hope is, of course, an X-Men movie that learns from the Singerverse. Yes, Wolverine is a standout and maybe he gets some solo movies down the line but it's about the team and lines are firmly drawn. "Mutantphobia! Everyone is afraid of us!" Yes, sure. But let's leave Twatter to draw ties to this or that agenda later on, and not have it baked into the cake overtly. There is a way to do this.
Old 09-30-2023, 08:57 AM   #8
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
My hope is, of course, an X-Men movie that learns from the Singerverse. Yes, Wolverine is a standout and maybe he gets some solo movies down the line but it's about the team and lines are firmly drawn. "Mutantphobia! Everyone is afraid of us!" Yes, sure. But let's leave Twatter to draw ties to this or that agenda later on, and not have it baked into the cake overtly. There is a way to do this.
The key thing of X-Men is that they can be about oppression without directly being compared to anything specific. After all humans with dangerous super powers do not exist in real world. And thanks to it, everyone can associate themselves with a good guys, whether you're Black or Gay or just some bullied nerd.

What I am afraid of, is that SJW scum won't be satisfied unless it will be about [CURRENT YEAR] oppression, i.e. about them, since this is all they are caring about - attention and glory and power through it.

Last edited by Sumac; 09-30-2023 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-30-2023, 09:33 AM   #9
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Absolutely knew that someone would post that.

Old 09-30-2023, 10:26 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

I definitely hope Wolverine is focused on a little less and isn't the main character of the films. They struck gold with Hugh Jackman but I imagine whoever the next actor is won't have as much pull or popularity, so we probably won't see a Wolverine that dominates the films as much.

I expect the team to be Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Beast, Storm, Rogue and maybe Iceman or Gambit. At least for the first movie before they gradually add more new characters as expected.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 01:00 PM   #11
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Absolutely knew that someone would post that.

Oh come on. But let me you ask you this: When you were reading X-Men comics in the 90s, didn't you think Cyclops was always... a bit bland? I liked his Team Blue more but that was mostly because of Wolverine and Gambit. As team leader Storm always felt more compelling.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 02:12 PM   #12
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Oh come on. But let me you ask you this: When you were reading X-Men comics in the 90s, didn't you think Cyclops was always... a bit bland? I liked his Team Blue more but that was mostly because of Wolverine and Gambit. As team leader Storm always felt more compelling.
They definitely painted Cyclops as a "functional leader" and hinged his reader-interest on romances way too much. I'd rather see the "Captain America-strategist Cyclops" more on the page.

I was a bigger fan of his across the Byrne/Claremont run and then in X-Factor for sure. I've always liked Storm as a character - my observations are more that "of course they'll go with my bullet points above because of agenda" than they are about "character preference". I always thought Bishop was awesome too. But those "canon uses" of characters are just greater ease of access for woke $#!( on film, which we all know isn't actually about 'inclusion'.

Bishop, Storm, etc - all about fun inclusion when original published.
Bishop, Storm, etc in the hands of Marvel studios - all about agenda and woke messaging when put in film.
Old 09-30-2023, 02:34 PM   #13
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

I don’t suppose there’s any point in hoping that these new X-Men movies will be its own cinematic universe? The MCU is already collapsing under its own weight just like the comics have.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 02:38 PM   #14
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post
I don’t suppose there’s any point in hoping that these new X-Men movies will be its own cinematic universe? The MCU is already collapsing under its own weight just like the comics have.
Nope, they were not bought to be in their own universe in the first place.

More than that, arguably, nowadays, they are the only force capable to revive interest in the MCU to pre final of the Phase 3.
Old 09-30-2023, 03:02 PM   #15
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Nope, they were not bought to be in their own universe in the first place.

More than that, arguably, nowadays, they are the only force capable to revive interest in the MCU to pre final of the Phase 3.
That’s what I thought.

*sigh*

Damn you, Bob Iger, for buying out 20th Century Fox. I don’t want to see a Disney Deadpool movie.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 03:40 PM   #16
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post

They did that already with the Fox universe and that was ultimately a disaster. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:23 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 04-30-2024, 08:13 PM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Sega should really dig up their cancelled X-Women 32X game. The time definitely seems right!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:08 PM   #19
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 05-08-2024, 04:31 PM   #20
neatoman
Emperor

So what the hell is Black Panther 3 even going to be about? Wakanda being insecure about their vibranium monopoly yet again?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote