The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 04:41 PM   #101
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
well anyone who got this book good luck, I wish i'd have scooped it up

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #102
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
well anyone who got this book good luck, I wish i'd have scooped it up
Me too bruhman
Old 02-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #103
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

New update went out this afternoon ...

Quote:
Hello everyone. I apologize for the late update. I will address each of your questions and concerns over the weekend directly. As far as he next update, that will come Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with Chinese New Year, but it's a massive holiday. It is unlike any national holiday of ours here in the states. China is a huge country by population and has complex travel roads /routes roads due to mountains.

Chinese New year for one is celebrated for weeks to a month (3-6 weeks) by most. The factories usually shut down a few weeks prior to the holiday to allow time for travel. Another thing is that it has no set date. Last year it was celebrated in January and this year it is February. I've attached photos and information about the holiday straight from Google. I've also posted an article that explains the holiday.

I will have an update for everyone Monday or Tuesday since we are on opposite time zones. I will also answer all questions and emails sent this weekend directly by Monday of next week. Trust, the book will be worth the wait.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:41 PM   #104
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

I received that email also. Was the whole Chinese New Year thing supposed to be some kind of excuse why it’s late? I didn’t have a good feeling while reading that. It felt like a distraction although supposedly next week we should get a proper update.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:45 AM   #105
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

It's why he has no new information, he must be using a Chinese factory for part of this. I have experience with this and can tell you it's true. If you have work in the pipeline with a Chinese factory, then for what feels like almost an entire month each year they do literally ALL shut down and there is nobody to answer any inquires whatsoever. Then one day they all magically come to life again as if nothing happened. I think that day is actually going to be tomorrow this year, or soon anyway. They've been shut down for most of February.

Still, that doesn't explain why there was no update in January. If I ran this project I'd be sending an update at LEAST once a month, even if there was no news to report, because the fact that I wasn't dead or running off to the Turks and Caicos with all my Kickstarter money would itself be an update.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:33 AM   #106
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Welp ... a full week with no new information. Ugh.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #107
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Welp ... a full week with no new information. Ugh.
I'm a backer of the TMNT Blood Brothers fan film. It often goes dark, information-wise. And it doesn't bother me at all.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #108
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

I got an email with a new update this morning:

"Instead of the traditional update, I wanted to email everyone directly. In my last update, I explained about the delay in the shipment, mainly due to the Chinese New Year holiday schedule, which itself is a month long holiday where everything is shut down. The books did not make the sail cut-off date as posted in the last update. This was due to a multitude of issues from shipment scheduling to a packaging issue. Originally I wanted to use a blister packaging, but in the end, it would have delayed the books even further. There was another delay with the molds and transporting them to the manufacturer. Therefore, I made the conscious decision and opted for a foil-like packaging that is often used with trading cards and blind box vinyl. It is still unique. It consists of a simple heat seal and looks amazing.

No one is more upset about the delays than I am. As upset as I am, it does not change the issue at hand. I did not want to give an update without concrete confirmation. I had to personally make sure that there were no further delays before updating you this time. So here it is.

I do have confirmation now that they will be shipped this week. Mailing the books by air is not feasible, the weight of the books and price would cost more than the amount raised. So now it is again a waiting game. However, I ensure you that there will not be any other shipment delays from overseas. Shipment to the US will be 6-7 weeks (roughly two months) after which they will be processed by customs.

The proper unveiling of the book is also finally upon us with the proper packaging. Again, it will be by one of the biggest YouTube vloggers. I will be doing a final review of the extras and the packaging in about three weeks, maybe sooner.

I think I have addressed everything here. However, my contact number is below for anyone who feels the need to reach out. The purpose of the number is for the same purpose of the personal email. I could have done a general update, but I am emailing directly. This is by far my most rigorous project to date. Mainly due to the pressure that I put on myself. There will be a many execs awaiting the book. So I created something that both your and Nickelodeon would be proud of. This book, especially this version will never be available again. I could not be happier with the final project and soon you will appreciate it as well.

Finally, I want to thank you all for your patience and understanding through this situation which will hopefully be resolved soon

Best Regards,"

I'm not including his number, but I did want to share the new information.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #109
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Christ, at this rate we wont see the book until June or July....
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #110
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

well i hope you all get it soon. i missed out, but definitely want a copy of it too =/ as soon as someone gets it please post. curious on how it came out.
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #111
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I don't know what to make of the current situation with this. Anybody?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #112
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I don't know what to make of the current situation with this. Anybody?
Hell, the last I heard update nearly a month ago ... it's a little obnoxious that we're nearly a full year almost.

Quote:
Backers, I apologize for the late update. It has been a long week. I did not make it home in time for a proper update with photos. There will be two important updates over the next week or two. This week, I will post an update on spreads and photos that outline the entire book. The following update will be photos of the physical book. I know that everyone is anxious and many may have concerns about the book, but trust it will be worth the wait.

There have hundreds of emails about obtaining a copy or extra copy of the book. There may be less than 40-50 books leftover. Many books have been promised to individuals that helped with the project. The other remaining copies will be made available to current backers and individuals who emailed shortly after the campaign. I want to thank all of you for your patience and understanding. Trust, the final book will be worth the wait. More photos of the spreads are coming this week.
^^^ This was on May 20th.

Who knows if they'll drop this summer, I'm not even holding my breath for this fall either.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #113
tmntman
Mad Scientist

I got an email from Jay last week saying that he should have books in hand in 9-10 days. So hopefully we will see progress shortly.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #114
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I really want one of these books ��
Old 06-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #115
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

I don't mind the wait, but the poor/often misleading communication has been frustrating. Hopefully the book lives up to its potential.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #116
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Well, the book pics came out in an update today. Finally! Looking good to me...nice embossed slipcase with NECA 1990 Raph face on the front and shell on the back! Sad to see they are only the samples though...makes me think we could be waiting a lot longer.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:46 PM   #117
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Well, the book pics came out in an update today. Finally! Looking good to me...nice embossed slipcase with NECA 1990 Raph face on the front and shell on the back! Sad to see they are only the samples though...makes me think we could be waiting a lot longer.
If they're samples, then perhaps it means they're ready to do the mass printing. I have no idea how long that sort of thing happens, but I'm hopeful that we'll get these by the end of the summer.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:54 PM   #118
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
If they're samples, then perhaps it means they're ready to do the mass printing. I have no idea how long that sort of thing happens, but I'm hopeful that we'll get these by the end of the summer.
My understanding is that the books have been printed. These were samples from that production run which would have been shipped out by a faster method to be used for promotion. (There would be no reason to produce 30 copies if it were only a test print.) So the rest should already be en route. Though it's hard to guess how long it might be before they actually arrive to be processed and shipped.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:46 AM   #119
easyemoney
Random Punk

pictures looked good to me, and I even saw my name on the backer page
easyemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:55 AM   #120
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

for anyone interested I ordered 2 of these and have been considering selling one. Not 100% sure if I will or not, but if you missed out shoot me an offer and I'll take it into consideration
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote