The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-07-2014, 11:13 PM   #21
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

they look pretty sweet~ Can't wait for the show!!
Old 02-08-2014, 12:01 AM   #22
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I can't believe people are making such a big deal over his arms being blue. Ive seen angry comments on Youtube and Sega's blog. I seriously did not even notice the first time I saw the trailers and I barely notice now.

As a die hard Sonic fan...and I mean extremely. I absolutely love Sonic, ever since the original game, it doesn't bother me. If they were always blue no one would complain. Its not like they look out of place.

I think its funny thats the biggest complaint it seems.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:41 AM   #23
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Another terrible Sonic cartoon and videogame. This is about par the course now.
Maybe just for once, you should actually do some research before talking out of your ass again.

Sonic Colors, Generations and Lost World were all extremely successful with Colors/Generations being some of the greatest Sonic Games ever made.

Sonic Boom isn't being made by Sonic Team, instead Big Red Button will take the helm. That alone shows unbelievable potential in this being great as they have some of the same developers as Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted etc.

Everything we heard so far about the game shows more potential than any other Sonic Game and the TV Show has great talent behind it working on a similar goal to that of the Nickelodeon TMNT Series! Remember your initial reaction to that? Look how that turned out.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:00 AM   #24
Memphis
Stone Warrior

Game sounds like it could be fun. My only gripe is Knuckles. If they want to make him buff, more power to them, but why is he so tall? Also, he has no neck and they kept his legs the size they've always been....

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:26 AM   #25
ticktack
Foot Soldier

Let's see Amy doesn't become too token, horribe, stereotypic, her look is already like this: cloth'd: basic stereotype for Sonic anthros.And she was always a joke for the seires as she was waaaaaaaaay too obsessed with a male main protagonist.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #26
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
Let's see Amy doesn't become too token, horribe, stereotypic, her look is already like this: cloth'd: basic stereotype for Sonic anthros.And she was always a joke for the seires as she was waaaaaaaaay too obsessed with a male main protagonist.

TBF, that's always been her sthick since her debut Sonic CD.

As for the designs, they're alright I guess, (minus the unnecessary abundance of sports tape). Though I probably mostly say that as a sign of relief that these won't replace the modern ones. But screw Knuckles's. He doesn't need to look buff to hammer it in my head that's he's strong. The boxing gloves were more than enough.

Sonic's the second most drastic. I'll admit the scarf is a nice touch. Fits his drifter persona. Though would've preferred it being red instead of brown. The blue arms were admittedly jarring first time seeing them, but they're hardly a big problem. It's just that I've spent 23 years thinking blue arms were just a typical color error or mistake people made when drawing him. So to see in an official design, you can't really blame me for finding it a bit confusing. I think it's more weirder to see they changed his iconic shoes than 'blue arms' honestly.

Tails and Amy I have no real problem with since they're the least radically different. Though I do have to question why she keeps her peach arms and felt to make Sonic's blue. Basically keeping one color palette intact but not the other. That kind of makes the blue arm thing a tad more odd, now that I think about it.

I'll still give this show a chance when it comes out though. Some design issues aside, the trailer did get me a little excited.

Last edited by DarkLightDragon; 02-08-2014 at 08:43 AM.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #27
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Some new details for the show have been revealed:

- The Chaos Emeralds will apparently not be appearing in the series. I'm guessing that means we won't also be seeing the Master Emerald.

- Each episode will be a standalone story, so no ongoing storylines.

Also, this:

Quote:
Executive producer Evan Bailey said the animated series will "put [Sonic the Hedgehog characters] in situations where their personalities and relationships will take center stage." For example, in one episode, Sonic will fire Tails as his assistant, with the hedgehog's longtime nemesis, Dr. Eggman, applying for the job. In another, Eggman fakes an injury and takes Sonic the Hedgehog to court.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #28
Wildcat
Foot Elite

That all sounds great. I really love the idea of one big epic adventure for the game. Love to hear the 3DS version is totally different. I hope thats true.

I guess no Super Sonic since the chaos emeralds dont exist but maybe they'll have a new form form him through other means kinda like Secret Rings had Dark Spines Sonic.

Definitely my most anticipated Show and Game of 2014...well if the game launches with it. E3 is probably what they're waiting for for bigger announcements.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:58 AM   #29
ZariusTwo
Overlord

These standalone stories sound alright from a comical standpoint, I really wish there were character arcs and the like, a lot of cartoons are unfortunatly going this route with minimal continuity between episodes. Even Sonic X had SOME storyline to it despite being crammed full of filler.

Sonic firing Tails seems a bit out-of-character too. The only other time he was a d*ck to him was in the old Fleetway UK comics
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:26 AM   #30
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Knuckles design is bizarre but other than that I have nothing to complain. Everything looks grand and exciting.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #31
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Maybe just for once, you should actually do some research before talking out of your ass again.

Sonic Colors, Generations and Lost World were all extremely successful with Colors/Generations being some of the greatest Sonic Games ever made.

Sonic Boom isn't being made by Sonic Team, instead Big Red Button will take the helm. That alone shows unbelievable potential in this being great as they have some of the same developers as Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted etc.

Everything we heard so far about the game shows more potential than any other Sonic Game and the TV Show has great talent behind it working on a similar goal to that of the Nickelodeon TMNT Series! Remember your initial reaction to that? Look how that turned out.
I heard Lost World sucked.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #32
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Lost World is great. All the negative talk are from the major reviewers like IGN and Gamespot. Theyve been strictly biased against Sonic for years now. Ever since '06 and even SA2.

Its like they go out of their way to slam him. They even scored it about the same as '06, which I thought was ok but I can see why people were turned off by it. Its in no way similar to '06.

I personally loved Lost World. Id even put it above Colors and Generations.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #33
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Lost World is great. All the negative talk are from the major reviewers like IGN and Gamespot. Theyve been strictly biased against Sonic for years now. Ever since '06 and even SA2.

Its like they go out of their way to slam him. They even scored it lower than '06, which I thought was ok but I can see why people were turned off by it. Theres no way its worse than or even similar to '06.

I personally loved Lost World. Id even put it above Colors and Generations.
I didn't try it yet. But I loved colors and generations. I don't think IGN is biased against sonic, they liked colors, correct?
Old 02-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #34
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ya I just checked their score. It just seems to me that if something isn't to their liking they'll base the whole review around it and make it sound like it ruins the game. Not IGN specifically. I remember Gamespot's review for Unleashed sounded totally made up. Like an angry rant.

Its like if its not generic Sonic speeding through levels they wont give it more than an "ok" review.

Edit: Just checked, IGN/Gamespot scored Unleashed (360 version) lower than '06. Gamespot's is probably the single worst review Ive ever read even the users call him out. Seriously go read it if you haven't. Never read IGN's.

Last edited by Wildcat; 02-14-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #35
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Wait, I thought SA2 was well-received by IGN and Gamespot.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #36
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Some new details for the show have been revealed:

- The Chaos Emeralds will apparently not be appearing in the series. I'm guessing that means we won't also be seeing the Master Emerald.

- Each episode will be a standalone story, so no ongoing storylines.

Also, this:

Each episode is a standalone story? YES! No more stupid Archie sonic storylines! I really like this show
Old 02-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #37
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Each episode is a standalone story? YES!
...And this is why we shouldnt breed this type of audience folks...
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #38
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
...And this is why we shouldnt breed this type of audience folks...
I'm sick of sonic having a big story. The comics and sonic x ruined that for me. Sonic is just a game, no need to turn it into an anime.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #39
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Yunno, just because there have been some bad, melodramatic plots in Sonic, in forms of media mind you, the sentiment that "Sonic can't/shouldn't have a story" really irks me.

Not that care all that much about this show's structure, but just wanted to point that out.

Believe me, I don't care at all for the Archie comics (minus the Worlds Collide. That was awesome) and loathe Sonic 06's horrible excuse of a plot, but if handled and written well in good hands, you can have a good story for Sonic that doesn't dip too deep in "serious buinezz" and doesn't go too light.

My best examples of that? Well:

-Already mentioned Worlds Collide (for comics, at least)
-Unleashed (yes, the one with the Werehog)
-The Storybook games (Secret Rings and Black Knight)
-I'll even go as far as saying the Adventure games, even though I don't really think that much for them.

Could think of more, but don't really feel like it. Bottom line, If other franchises like TMNT can handle the balance of light and dark while still being fun to watch, Sonic shouldn't be excluded from that luxury just because of it's rather silly or strange premise (a fast, blue hedgehog who stops a fat, mad genius from taking over the world).

EDIT: Now of course I'm not going to expect of Sonic Boom to be any of those of that caliber. At most, it should be a fun watch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by DarkLightDragon; 02-15-2014 at 09:08 AM.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #40
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'm sick of sonic having a big story. The comics and sonic x ruined that for me. Sonic is just a game, no need to turn it into an anime.
Although I think Sonic should have somewhat of a continuous story, it shouldn't be so super serious. When they try to do that, things like Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) and Sonic 06 happen...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peanut