The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #221
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Sounds like another Ballbusters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF0VJ5T0oAY
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:09 PM   #222
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Furlong really is filming stuff. And in a couple of days.

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/ba...tor-dark-fate/
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:06 PM   #223
CyberCubed
Overlord

is it really worth bringing him back
Spoiler:
just to possibly die?
Seems like a big screw you to fans of his, or rather John Conner being the hero in general.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:26 PM   #224
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Since he's now filming his scenes. I wonder if they had to do some reshoots to add him to the movie's plot. Or he's just gonna show up in some Mid Credit or Post Credit Scene?
Old 08-01-2019, 09:49 PM   #225
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Since he's now filming his scenes. I wonder if they had to do some reshoots to add him to the movie's plot. Or he's just gonna show up in some Mid Credit or Post Credit Scene?
Maybe to tease the sequel.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:46 PM   #226
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Pretty decent article about the movie:

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/te...ting-campaign/
Old 08-17-2019, 12:13 AM   #227
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I don’t buy into any supposed studio agenda or political marketing. Those wanting to be against something will create any reason and go with it.

People love claiming movies were so much better “back in the day” but one thing was actually better...every hater, cynic and whiner could not voice to the world why a movie is all wrong.

Studios could actually make a movie without a crap storm every time a piece of info, picture or design was revealed or even just an announcement.

I’ve seen some pretty ridiculous reasons why Dark Fate will suck. Again though I think some is just trolling because you can kinda tell when it’s on purpose. After awhile it’s like...oh I see what you’re doing.

Imagine if we had current day internet in the 90s. Some would have crapped on T2’s development too. Who’s this cop? They’re trying to replace Arnold! Omg they cast a kid? So dumb *facepalm*, cash-grab.

Seriously that definitely would have happened. It happens to everything.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #228
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I don’t buy into any supposed studio agenda or political marketing.
Naive shills never do.

Quote:
People love claiming movies were so much better “back in the day” but one thing was actually better...every hater, cynic and whiner could not voice to the world why a movie is all wrong
"hater" "cynic" and "whiner" are buzz words used by naive shills to try and diminish voices of reason and critical thinking. Shills don't want their innocent view of the world shattered and want cheap shallow mind-eroding propaganda entertainment to reign forever so long as it gives them that warm, wuzzie fuzzy feeling inside.

And yeah, even back in the "good old days" there was propaganda going on, we just weren't of the age to see it. That or it was subtle and not as in your face. People have smartened up since then, you obviously haven't, or are unwilling to in order to maintain a childlike wonderment as a means of coping with a more fragmented and hostile world.

Nothing wrong with that, but when trying to use that mentality to play down criticism of something, it's not a wise move. Don't try to paint how you see the planet as the way everyone should be with these movies, if people want to freely point out cultural appropriations and far more telling propaganda, they are entitled to that opinion and there's NOTHING you can do about it.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-17-2019 at 08:23 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:41 PM   #229
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I don’t buy into any supposed studio agenda or political marketing. Those wanting to be against something will create any reason and go with it.
Studio might not have any agenda themselves, but they can pretend that they do, to pander to crazies infecting Internet.

Quote:
People love claiming movies were so much better “back in the day” but one thing was actually better...every hater, cynic and whiner could not voice to the world why a movie is all wrong.
I can. So do many people.
Apparently in your world any criticism is whining or cynical hating.

Quote:
I’ve seen some pretty ridiculous reasons why Dark Fate will suck. Again though I think some is just trolling because you can kinda tell when it’s on purpose. After awhile it’s like...oh I see what you’re doing.
TDF most likely will suck, not because of faux-feminism agenda, but because so far it looks like it will be an unoriginal boring super-heroisque piece of crap, no better than Genisys or maybe even worse.

TG for all its faults was entertaining, even if it was blithering stupid and generic.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #230
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I can. So do many people.
Apparently in your world any criticism is whining or cynical hating.
No but a lot comes off that way because it’s usually said in a smart aleck or exaggerated way.

But there are people who actually do give well formed reasonable criticism without trashing whatever it is. They deserve a mention because it’s often the complete opposite.

Quote:
TDF most likely will suck, not because of faux-feminism agenda, but because so far it looks like it will be an unoriginal boring super-heroisque piece of crap, no better than Genisys or maybe even worse.

TG for all its faults was entertaining, even if it was blithering stupid and generic.
I don’t agree Dark Fate looks superhero-ish or unoriginal. Sure if you did not know what it was it can seem like just another action movie.

Ignoring 3-5, what we’ve seen so far fits imo. Within the storyline the threats are getting bigger so everything getting turned up makes sense.

Even so in terms of action/sci-fi making a completely original sequel is kind of impossible. Things are bound to get repetitive in sequels.

Since it takes place current day it should be more than just another robot chase but I still think the future war would have been the more interesting direction.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:17 AM   #231
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I agree with everything Sumac said but yeah... had we to go back a couple of movies, the soundest course forward would have been commiting to the Salvation timeline and furthering the Future War. No more time travel, no more Terminators sent back in time to protect. Just the Future War that we were always promised.

Salvation, while a very small and misguided movie pretending to be a big movie, was the last time it seemed like they knew what they were doing.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:37 PM   #232
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I don’t agree Dark Fate looks superhero-ish or unoriginal. Sure if you did not know what it was it can seem like just another action movie.
What difference does it make?
It looks generic and the stuff shown so far is basically copy paste of stuff from the previous 5 movies (and I am not talking about general story which is copypaste in itself). If it somehow makes it "original", than I don't know. Our ideas about "originality" are very different, I suppose.

Quote:
Ignoring 3-5, what we’ve seen so far fits imo. Within the storyline the threats are getting bigger so everything getting turned up makes sense.
Except its not, since the threat is the same: AI trying to destroy humanity.
As for scaling things up, it can be done without going full CGI stupid.

Quote:
Even so in terms of action/sci-fi making a completely original sequel is kind of impossible. Things are bound to get repetitive in sequels.
WTF.
So copypasting the same story for the 5th time in the series is normal?
Old 08-18-2019, 11:49 PM   #233
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
What difference does it make?
It looks generic and the stuff shown so far is basically copy paste of stuff from the previous 5 movies (and I am not talking about general story which is copypaste in itself). If it somehow makes it "original", than I don't know. Our ideas about "originality" are very different, I suppose.
I don’t really think you expected a 100% original sequel in what’s supposed to be a part 3.

Pretty much impossible without making it a hard reboot. There’s more fantastic ways they could have gone but Miller and Cameron made it clear they wanted to keep it as straightforward as possible.
Quote:
Except its not, since the threat is the same: AI trying to destroy humanity.
As for scaling things up, it can be done without going full CGI stupid.
It’s not the same. A bigger force has come back. I don’t mean a giant robot. You’re referring to the general source...not the situation/context the characters will physically face.

CGI is only the means of putting it on screen. You just wanted to take a silly crack at it being cgi.
Quote:
WTF.
So copypasting the same story for the 5th time in the series is normal?
Again the Future War would be better especially since they’ve only used it once. So I agree this particular story was unnecessary but it could still be good.

Anyway ya a lot of long running series use the same basic storyline over and over. The same elements and plot devices are reused while adding characters and motivations to keep it going. That’s how how it goes.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:31 AM   #234
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Our ideas about "originality" are very different, I suppose.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:08 PM   #235
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I don’t really think you expected a 100% original sequel in what’s supposed to be a part 3.
Imagine expecting new stuff in a 6th movie in a series, where 4 out of 5 previous sequels used THE SAME STORY with minor changes.
Unfathomable.

Quote:
Pretty much impossible without making it a hard reboot. There’s more fantastic ways they could have gone but Miller and Cameron made it clear they wanted to keep it as straightforward as possible.
Actually its possible with some imagination and creativity, but so far, Miller made it clear he is not a man who have creativity when it comes to Terminator.
He is a man who can make toxic proclamations, though, but it hardly has anything to do with quality of the movie.

Quote:
It’s not the same. A bigger force has come back. I don’t mean a giant robot. You’re referring to the general source...not the situation/context the characters will physically face.
Hunter arrives from the future. Defender arrives to the future. They are trying to kill and save target respectively.
Yeah, so new. Very fresh. So original.
By this margin T3 is overflowing with originality.

Quote:
CGI is only the means of putting it on screen. You just wanted to take a silly crack at it being cgi.
Do you take everything so literally?
No wonder, you can't understand what "originality" is.

Quote:
Anyway ya a lot of long running series use the same basic storyline over and over. The same elements and plot devices are reused while adding characters and motivations to keep it going. That’s how how it goes.
Yeah, all long running franchises copypaste main stories to the point, where you can just change few names and voila, new movie!! Oh, wait. it's something only Terminator does.

I am sorry that you are so...set in your understanding of things, but it just tells me you've got a big problem with thinking outside of box and understanding contexts.

Like for example that every Terminator, since T3 was supposed to be the start of the new trilogy. Or that they reused story elements, because writers were lazy idiots and prefered to use them as a crutch to compensate for the lack of original ideas, because, original ideas are risky and might fail.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #236
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I agree with everything Sumac said but yeah... had we to go back a couple of movies, the soundest course forward would have been commiting to the Salvation timeline and furthering the Future War. No more time travel, no more Terminators sent back in time to protect. Just the Future War that we were always promised.

Salvation, while a very small and misguided movie pretending to be a big movie, was the last time it seemed like they knew what they were doing.
I wanted to love that movie so much. Having Christian Bale on board seemed to be a sure ticket to a viable new trilogy.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:53 PM   #237
Wildcat
Foot Elite

@Sumac, I don’t know what you want me to say. The typical complaints people label movies with I guess.

If you really think it’s gonna be so awful then what direction would you take? I genuinely want to know.

I said what I wanted and posted some other ideas I had before in the thread if you want to read them. Unless they’re in the other one. I think we ended up with 2 topics for this movie.

Honestly though it sounds like you’re just purposely claiming to want something unrealistically great in order to justify complaining.

Not that it matters but for the record I don’t think Dark Fate will be perfect. I think it’ll be better than 3 and 5. So it has that going for it...and I really liked T3.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:31 AM   #238
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I wanted to love that movie so much. Having Christian Bale on board seemed to be a sure ticket to a viable new trilogy.
I enjoyed Salvation. But its unfortunate about all the drama that went on behind the scenes during the making of that movie.

Quote:
@Sumac, I don’t know what you want me to say. The typical complaints people label movies with I guess.

If you really think it’s gonna be so awful then what direction would you take? I genuinely want to know.

I said what I wanted and posted some other ideas I had before in the thread if you want to read them. Unless they’re in the other one. I think we ended up with 2 topics for this movie.

Honestly though it sounds like you’re just purposely claiming to want something unrealistically great in order to justify complaining.

Not that it matters but for the record I don’t think Dark Fate will be perfect. I think it’ll be better than 3 and 5. So it has that going for it...and I really liked T3.
I guess some people want good acting in these movies. and things to make sense. Which I think is ridiculous. You're not supposed to take movies like this seriously. Its just entertainment.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:43 AM   #239
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I enjoyed Salvation. But its unfortunate about all the drama that went on behind the scenes during the making of that movie.
It has its moments. The core storyline is utterly pointless, though, as much as I enjoyed the backdrop and setting and Yelchin's Reese (which is still better than Genisys, which had a point but had appallingly bad story and casting).
Old 08-22-2019, 01:06 PM   #240
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
No time travel? Anything but time travel? Or at least make it more creative than old rusty T1 scheme?

Quote:
Yeah, wanting just a good movie with a solid storyline and quality actro performance, which are not second fiddled to the CGI is definitely unreasonable.

If you want a stupid chewing gum, you just can say so. I will understand.

However, claiming that seemingly reused plot is "original" or that people who want good (not great, just good) story have "unrealistic expectations" makes the whole thing look rather silly.

Quote:
I guess some people want good acting in these movies. and things to make sense. Which I think is ridiculous. You're not supposed to take movies like this seriously. Its just entertainment.
I hope this is an irony, right?

Tags
adayinsidemillerthemovie, cuckwithmeifyouwanttolive, franchise is terminated, hasta la vista cis men, pappenbrooktriggered, terminator: woke fate, the future is female