The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #81
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
thank you Rich for doing this and thanks to everyone that contributed to this. Can't wait to see and later on get my copy of this sure to be amazing issue.
Thank you all for the support. It's really going to be awesome!

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #82
AquaParade
Banned

Great choice for an artist and a fun idea. I came close to diving in for a signed copy, but not being able to view the cover until you contribute is what detered me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the arrangement.

Still, happy for all of you that got involved. I'm sure the covers are going to look awesome. I'm pretty sure Jim Lawson does commissions from his website too, which I've been thinking about doing.

Take it easy,
John
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #83
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Great choice for an artist and a fun idea. I came close to diving in for a signed copy, but not being able to view the cover until you contribute is what detered me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the arrangement.

Still, happy for all of you that got involved. I'm sure the covers are going to look awesome. I'm pretty sure Jim Lawson does commissions from his website too, which I've been thinking about doing.

Take it easy,
John
Yes, only Kickstarter backers were able to see the front and back covers. But, the artist was announced to everyone and most everyone knows what Jim's style is like. I felt like it was a nice perk for backers to get to see the cover first. I know that meant some people didn't back it but I figured people that only wanted to see the cover would back it and then, if they didn't want the cover, they'd just cancel their pledge prior to campaign end.

I'm not sure of Jim's commission arrangement but he's very approachable and I'm sure that will work out as well.

Appreciate your interest. Copies will be made available for sale via my website after they are released in August.
-rich

Old 05-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #84
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I am excited to get this sure to be beautiful CGC slabbed book in my sweaty little hands. Will be my first yellow label. Congrats Rich on pulling it off, I know it couldn't have been all smooth sailing.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #85
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I am excited to get this sure to be beautiful CGC slabbed book in my sweaty little hands. Will be my first yellow label. Congrats Rich on pulling it off, I know it couldn't have been all smooth sailing.
Thanks! It was a great campaign and went well but it was (and will continue to be) a lot of work. But it will pay off for everyone...this cover will be sweet!

Old 05-21-2017, 08:41 PM   #86
Mobius37
Thug

I completely missed out on the Kickstarter! Anyway to jump on it here?
Mobius37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:32 AM   #87
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius37 View Post
I completely missed out on the Kickstarter! Anyway to jump on it here?
Sorry to hear! Now that the Kickstarter campaign is over, I can only provide the Kickstarter benefits and perks to backers of the project. However, copies of this variant will be available for sale in August when TMNT #73 releases. Appreciate your interest.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:38 AM   #88
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

I got an e-mail last night telling me to pay for the extras. I wanted to come here and let people know to check their e-mails to see if they got a similar message. I don't think Rich will be sending out reminder e-mails, so if you want the extras, show him the $$$.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #89
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Getting closer. Very Exciting!

Quick question, did it get finalized that the hand-colored copies would indeed receive hand-numbered designation and then be distributed according to backing order?

Also, are all the hand-colored copies going for CGCSS or did some backers decide CGC was not for them?

Thanks Rich
Old 08-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #90
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Also, are all the hand-colored copies going for CGCSS or did some backers decide CGC was not for them?
I'm not getting my copy graded, so there will be at least one heh.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #91
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Getting closer. Very Exciting!

Quick question, did it get finalized that the hand-colored copies would indeed receive hand-numbered designation and then be distributed according to backing order?

Thanks Rich
Yes, the hand-colored copies will all be hand-numbered by Jim ON THE FRONT (voting was 35 to 11 for those that responded) and they will be distributed by order of backer number. 17 of the 50 hand-colored copies will not be CGC graded as the buyers declined that option on them.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #92
mrmaczaps
Banned

Rich, did you notice printed on the inside cover, IDW failed to get your website address correct? It just says "ninjaturtles.com"...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #93
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Yes, the hand-colored copies will all be hand-numbered by Jim ON THE FRONT (voting was 35 to 11 for those that responded) and they will be distributed by order of backer number. 17 of the 50 hand-colored copies will not be CGC graded as the buyers declined that option on them.
Sounds good. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:51 PM   #94
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Rich, did you notice printed on the inside cover, IDW failed to get your website address correct? It just says "ninjaturtles.com"...
No, I haven't yet seen a copy of #73 (any variant) since it just came out today. That totally sucks...ninjaturtles.com just redirects to nick.com. Ugh.
Thanks for letting me know. Can you shoot me a pic or scan of the inside?

Old 08-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #95
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Couldn't resist the custom sketch and CGC grading to go with my hand-colored and signed copy of the issue. That's going to be one of the treasures of my comic collection.
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:19 PM   #96
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
No, I haven't yet seen a copy of #73 (any variant) since it just came out today. That totally sucks...ninjaturtles.com just redirects to nick.com. Ugh.
Thanks for letting me know. Can you shoot me a pic or scan of the inside?
Not sure how to on here so I'll send it over via facebook messenger...
Old 08-02-2017, 09:22 PM   #97
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not sure how to on here so I'll send it over via facebook messenger...
I found it...it's wrong.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:35 PM   #98
Powder
So tired of this place

Man, that is MAJORLY sucky. So sorry to hear that.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:44 PM   #99
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
I found it...it's wrong.
I was bummed. Almost ripped my regular cover off when I read it... its like "damn spent that time and effort to do this awesome thing....and traffic is just headed to nick.com".... sucks.

Maybe it will need a second printing, not your cover, and they can fix it in that.... ha.

Congrats on it coming out just the same though dude. Can't wait to get my copies.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #100
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I was bummed. Almost ripped my regular cover off when I read it... its like "damn spent that time and effort to do this awesome thing....and traffic is just headed to nick.com".... sucks.

Maybe it will need a second printing, not your cover, and they can fix it in that.... ha.

Congrats on it coming out just the same though dude. Can't wait to get my copies.
It's still a great cover regardless. I'll focus on the positive...cant change what's alreadt done. Can't wait to have it in hand.