The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-07-2008, 02:45 AM   #121
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Damn it, it went for 26.99 with free shipping! Arg! I almost had it...

Here's a steal
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TODAY.m238.lVI

Ba bam

Last edited by Spitfire; 04-07-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:50 AM   #122
CuRSh14
Thug

Here is a great deal I just landed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140221320752
I was pretty stoked to find it and it arrived a few days ago... WOW is it MINTY... Anyway, I have collected TMNT figures since I was born... I have nearly all the figures loose, but just got into the MOC game. If you check my recent ebay purchases you will see I am kinda going wild buying items. I really just want to jump start my collection and get all the common figs out of the way.
Also, this was a pretty good deal IMHO http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270225296703
But yeah, If anyone has a large amount of "generic common" MOC stuff I am paying around 5-8 bucks a shot. I am also very interested in the rare stuff if anyone has anything to sell. I just picked up a Shoate and Hot Spot... Bidding on a Shogun Triceraton as we speak.
So anyway, there is that.
CuRSh14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:46 AM   #123
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Am I the only person who thinks autographs ruin collectables like this?
But congrats on starting a collection CuRSh14
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:35 AM   #124
CuRSh14
Thug

You can always remove the signature, but WHY? Keven Eastman is awesome. The figure is awesome. Thusly, the 2 combined is awesome IMHO.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:37 AM   #125
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I saw the lot of tons of figures. They looked to played with for a collection personally. But still a good deal with all the packaged stuff, if that's all really MOC I didn't read the auction. The signed toy is still a good deal. I personally don't like someones name scribbled across a rare toy but that's just me to each their own.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:19 AM   #126
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuRSh14 View Post
You can always remove the signature, but WHY? Keven Eastman is awesome. The figure is awesome. Thusly, the 2 combined is awesome IMHO.
Um because it hides the important part...the figure.
I mean Kevin Eastman is the friggin man yeah but just because like if I had him sign my butt doesnt mean it would raise the value or awesomeness of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
I personally don't like someones name scribbled across a rare toy but that's just me to each their own.
Exactly, to each his own.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #127
CuRSh14
Thug

The loose stuff didn't interest me at all... But all of the stuff in the box (I don't know if any is MISB, but all is complete in very nice box) was well worth it IMO... And again, if it ever becomes necessary, I will simply remove the autograph... Not a big to do I don't believe. But alas, I find that the figure is even COOLER with Eastman's sig... But as has been said, each person is into there own thing.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #128
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

I personally love autographs on toys as long as it's not inscribed to anyone. I sent a minty case fresh Movie III April figure to Paige Turco with a letter asking her to sign it but not to inscribe it to me as it's her name I wanted not mine. It came back a few weeks later and she wrote "Cowabunga! Paige Turco -April O'Neil" on the top of the card. Unfortunately it didn't come back as minty as I sent it but at least it did remain unpunched. Anyway, autographs are risky as you never really know who signed it without verifying it and that's costly but TMNT is something I enjoy and so are autographs so the combination of the 2 are like butta, for me anyway.
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #129
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
if I had him sign my butt doesnt mean it would raise the value or awesomeness of it.
WRONG! Everyone knows the value of my arm trippled in value AND awesomeness...Silly V

Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #130
Ninjinister
無問題

I think $20 (shipping included) wasn't too bad for this.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #131
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
WRONG! Everyone knows the value of my arm trippled in value AND awesomeness...Silly V

I think your tattoo is quite differnt than him given' you a sig. on ur ass...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The S View Post

I think $20 (shipping included) wasn't too bad for this.
Not bad at all, that's the same guy almost everyone else has got them from.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #132
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Not bad at all, that's the same guy almost everyone else has got them from.
Is that indeed so? Hmm... I didn't know that. Seems like he's made quite a name for himself providing the Secret Agent Dons, eh? I wonder if he'll end up auctioning the remaining two Alien Hunter aliens..?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #133
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S View Post
Is that indeed so? Hmm... I didn't know that. Seems like he's made quite a name for himself providing the Secret Agent Dons, eh? I wonder if he'll end up auctioning the remaining two Alien Hunter aliens..?
Indeed it is!
And I'm not sure you could send him photos and ask him to look
Old 04-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #134
ToSte
Hench Mutant

Not sure if everyone would consider this a steal, but I'm pretty damned excited. So I was calling around looking for NECAs today, Suncoast had them but said they were $16.99! sheesh.

Anyhow, I called a comic shop, heres how it went down
Comic Shop Dude "theyre new? no i dont think so, but the owner brought in some of his vintage turtles."
Me "Oh really?" I humored the guy, assuming he was talking about some banged up pieces of loose crap.
CSD "yeah a whole bunch of them, $4.99 each. I'm looking at Leonardo now. His card is a little curved but..."
Me "THEYRE ON THE CARD?"
CSD "oh yeah."
Me "Thank you I'll be right there"

I went to the bathroom, cleaned my underwear, and drove over to the store. I burst into the door, "wheres the turtles?" I said, not minding the large toy section.
The guy in the store ended up being the owner, not the guy I spoke to on the phone. He told me he's clearing out 4000 square feet of storage holding old random toys and he has a bunch of turtles. He says he'll be bringing in everything from Giants, to Korean bootlegs for the next few weeks. The kid in me says "hell yeah", the adult says "seriously dude, youre killin me".

To sum up, I snagged MOC Raph and Leo for a total of $10.84, and I will be returning for more in the future.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:38 PM   #135
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSte View Post
Not sure if everyone would consider this a steal, but I'm pretty damned excited. So I was calling around looking for NECAs today, Suncoast had them but said they were $16.99! sheesh.

Comic Shop Dude "theyre new? no i dont think so, but the owner brought in some of his vintage turtles."
Me "Oh really?" I humored the guy, assuming he was talking about some banged up pieces of loose crap.
CSD "yeah a whole bunch of them, $4.99 each. I'm looking at Leonardo now. His card is a little curved but..."
Me "THEYRE ON THE CARD?"
CSD "oh yeah."

I went to the bathroom, cleaned my underwear, and drove over to the store. I burst into the door, "wheres the turtles?" I said, not minding the large toy section.
The guy in the store ended up being the owner, not the guy I spoke to on the phone. He told me he's clearing out 4000 square feet of storage holding old random toys and he has a bunch of turtles. He says he'll be bringing in everything from Giants, to Korean bootlegs for the next few weeks. The kid in me says "hell yeah", the adult says "seriously dude, youre killin me".

To sum up, I snagged MOC Raph and Leo for a total of $10.84, and I will be returning for more in the future.
Lucky such-and-such....
Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 AM   #136
Krueger
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSte View Post

Me "THEYRE ON THE CARD?"
CSD "oh yeah."

Awesome, man. I believe many of us on this forum have had dreams similar to that...except the whole underwear changing part.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #137
CuRSh14
Thug

This is a steal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=380017893437
How awesome is that?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #138
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I think your tattoo is quite differnt than him given' you a sig. on ur ass...
Don't forget, Steve Lavigne offered that as a location for Pete's sig...
Old 04-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #139
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Don't forget, Steve Lavigne offered that as a location for Pete's sig...
That's what made it even more funny!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #140
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Most small celebs such as Turco DO sign thru mail.....but it's wise to check prior to sending items.

I've got a 1970 OHMSS toy car MOC signed by Lazenby.....I wouldn't sell it for the world
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote