The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-23-2016, 11:05 AM   #761
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Seems pretty consistent.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #762
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Seems pretty consistent.
That the number of viewers is decreasing?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:13 AM   #763
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
That the number of viewers is decreasing?
not by that an alarming rate.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:20 AM   #764
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most kids probably watch the episodes on itunes or illegally on youtube or other streaming sites anyway.

The days of people actually watching shows on TV at a specific time are pretty much coming to an end.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:16 AM   #765
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
a lot of people just DVR.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:46 PM   #766
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, even as recent as the early 2000's I was still using a VCR and VHS tapes to record all my favorite cartoons on Saturday mornings if I wasn't home to watch them as they aired.

The kids of today with their streaming media and watching episodes online....back in my day if you missed an episode on TV you were pretty much royally screwed until reruns came out. I remember being so sad if I missed an episode of my favorite show because I knew there was no way to see it again until reruns, and sometimes shows weren't always rerun.

Kids of today don't know how good they have it.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:31 AM   #767
KrN
Thug

The Insecta Trifecta [4x17] 1.39m viewers http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...8-28-2016.html

I really think uploading it early on iTunes is hurting the show. I personally know a few people who decided to watch it online rather than live, simply 'cause it was out earlier than usual. While the upload helps international fans like myself, it really is sad to see ratings drop...
Old 08-30-2016, 11:42 AM   #768
CyberCubed
Overlord

You do realize Nick gets a profit from itunes uploads, right? So its not "hurting" the show because they make money off the online streams too.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:45 AM   #769
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You do realize Nick gets a profit from itunes uploads, right? So its not "hurting" the show because they make money off the online streams too.
They're probably making just as much from itunes downloads
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #770
KrN
Thug

Quote:
*facepalm* I am talking about watching Redworld96's stream, obviously. If it's out early (basically 6-7 hours earlier) no one is going to bother purchasing the volume on iTunes.

International fans cannot even the buy the volume (and I would, given the option) because it's a US iTunes and doesn't accept any other credit card. Redworld96 is basically my saviour when it comes to the episodes, but my point still stands - people in the US would rather watch it hours earlier, for no cost and they do.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:04 PM   #771
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

I've never had cable tv, much less access to Nickelodeon. I know I can watch it (maybe) on Nick.com, but I tend to wait for the DVD releases and watch the show at that point.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #772
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrN View Post
*facepalm* I am talking about watching Redworld96's stream, obviously. If it's out early (basically 6-7 hours earlier) no one is going to bother purchasing the volume on iTunes.

International fans cannot even the buy the volume (and I would, given the option) because it's a US iTunes and doesn't accept any other credit card. Redworld96 is basically my saviour when it comes to the episodes, but my point still stands - people in the US would rather watch it hours earlier, for no cost and they do.
I knew you were talking about me, but tumblr is just a minority comparing to all the viewers of USA. Almost all viewers are kids, and they are not awake until 4 am, or they wake up early to watch the episodes, and probably they do not even have tumblr.
Seing my stadistics, 3/4 users are european/asian, because at that time american are sleeping.

Last edited by Redworld96; 08-30-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:48 PM   #773
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most people don't even use tumblr. A lot of the people watching the uploads on tumblr are young teenagers or kids, or people whose first exposure to TMNT is the Nick cartoon.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #774
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

So, we have a new all-time low for the series with 1.2 million viewers for "Mutant Gangland"...http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...-9-4-2016.html
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #775
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
So, we have a new all-time low for the series with 1.2 million viewers for "Mutant Gangland"...http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...-9-4-2016.html
I guess Insecta Trifecta killed the show for a lot kids.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #776
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I guess Insecta Trifecta killed the show for a lot kids.
Yes, because one episode kids may or may not have watched or liked makes a difference. You can't make a decision based on episode to episode.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #777
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Yes, because one episode kids may or may not have watched or liked makes a difference. You can't make a decision based on episode to episode.
It was a joke, of course one single episode didn't kill interest for this show just because the next was an all time low.

But on the other hand, this is still the all time low and each episode of this batch (93-96) have dropped in the ratings from the previous, sooooooo.... Half-joke?
Hahahaha!
Old 09-07-2016, 01:51 PM   #778
snake
Disgusting

This is cancellation tier ratings. I know the show is confirmed to have another season, but damn.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:32 PM   #779
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
This is cancellation tier ratings. I know the show is confirmed to have another season, but damn.
I know, right!? If the ratings get any lower or even stay at this level there simply won't be more seasons. It could even get cancelled, not in that "it wasn't renewed despite more seasons planned" but as in real cancelled, you know in the sense of "Sorry guys, we know you're still making season 5 but we really can't afford to let you complete it". Given the constant hiatuses I seriously suspect season 4 isn't even fully produced, so yeah, this show could very well have a non-ending...

When Korra went this low they had at least produced the entire series so it wasn't possible for Nickelodeon to cancel it in any sense of the word.
Hahahaha!
Old 09-07-2016, 02:37 PM   #780
ToTheNines
[sic]

Season 4 is confirmed to be 100 percent completed. Season 5 has had all the primary voice over work completed.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7 seasons at least, nick, ratings