The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #61
rufus
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
thank you 1984tmnt!you are speaking my mind but I may have not made myself clear enough earlier....
another thing in kind of response to leo656:I know about zarius way to adress his points of view around here...but what made me want to post here was the point that 1984tmnt reffered to:just because I think something is not to be taken serious doesn't mean that it CANT be taken serious by others....
one thing in response to you leo656:...let me say this about my tastes:I am not of the oppinion that violence makes a movie better or more serious/mature if you will...quite the opposite, to me the comic turtles just WORKED...thats why I would love to see them in a movie like that..but I couldn't agree more that the first live action movie IS really a nice adaptation of that flavour...
but it surely would be fun to explore these turtles more...
Would be cool to see the comic turtles if not in a live action film than in a animated feature like what WB has going with their comic adaptation on DVD.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #62
Leo656
The Franchise

I honestly think the first movie is about as serious as any TMNT movie has a right to try and be. I thought the tone was right-on. Some think it's an awkward mix of OT and Mirage, but that's what I liked about it. It's not a perfect film but it had weight while not taking itself overly seriously. I love the Nolan Batman films too but I can't see anyone other than SERIOUS die-hard TMNT fans being willing to watch a TMNT movie that is SO self-serious as that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #63
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

yes, some of these animated features are really well done I must say...and turtles forever never seems to bore me at all, so yeah that would be great to see some day..BUT for they should go for original stories set in that environment rather than bringing to te screen what the comic book gave us...my point of view here...it rarely translates to something that excites me rather than is merely pretty duplicating something that excited me...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #64
Bob
Stone Warrior

He’s got 31,000 followers now. He’s just left a message saying that he has to post a review now. Don't know where all those followers came from. He was below 4000 a couple of weeks ago.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #65
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I honestly think the first movie is about as serious as any TMNT movie has a right to try and be. I thought the tone was right-on. Some think it's an awkward mix of OT and Mirage, but that's what I liked about it. It's not a perfect film but it had weight while not taking itself overly seriously. I love the Nolan Batman films too but I can't see anyone other than SERIOUS die-hard TMNT fans being willing to watch a TMNT movie that is SO self-serious as that.
It doesn't have to match the exact tone of Batman Begins to be serious and dark. Not to mention, there would naturally be a lighter/comedic side to it that was lacking in Batman Begins as the TMNT material lends itself to that more so than the Batman character.

In my opinion, it would be great to see a re-boot in the same tone as the 90 movie. Obviously, some things could be improved upon, but the overall feel of that movie is my favorite incarnation of the boys, ever. It's real / yet not, has decent action and comedy - all while not being a parody of itself. While I get that some fans prefer the TMNT to be a parody, I've always taken them as seriously as most other comic characters. In a nutshell, I believe they deserve to be treated with seriousness/respect. That does NOT mean they need to be overly serious and devoid of silliness/comedic elements. There is a way to capture all of that in a script and resulting film - it just needs someone with that kind of vision to make it a reality.

As far sci-fi elements such as Dimension X, Krang, etc - I say bring them on. You can have a movie take itself fairly serious while also including those elements (it doesn't necessarily need to happen in Movie #1, btw). I definitely think that a really well done script, director, actors could pull off a movie that captures all these things without it being a shallow, comedy/action summer popcorn flick without much substance.

Last edited by 1984TMNT; 07-26-2012 at 11:49 AM.
1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #66
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Krang, Beebbop, and Rocksteady in new movie

So I dont know how true this is, but sounds interesting
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...eady-20120710#

This would completely be bad ass!!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #67
Roland
is Laughing

That would be awesome! So i wonder if their making a OT turtle tracks remake. Maybe even the neutrinos may even feature. Always wanted to see how Krang would look in cgi.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:36 AM   #68
Leo656
The Franchise

Everyplace I see an article or something about a new TMNT movie, there's always more than a few comments about how the "worst" thing about the original films was "no Krang, Bebop, or Rocksteady". So I agree, might as well give it a shot, people have wanted to see it from Day One and they all have stories that could work well *if handled competently*. I emphasize that last part because that'swhere Hollywood usually drops the ball. But we can hope.

To wit, I thought Scarecrow was an awful villain to relaunch the Batman franchise, before I saw "Batman Begins". Shows what I knew. Stuff can work if people try.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #69
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Everyplace I see an article or something about a new TMNT movie, there's always more than a few comments about how the "worst" thing about the original films was "no Krang, Bebop, or Rocksteady". So I agree, might as well give it a shot, people have wanted to see it from Day One and they all have stories that could work well *if handled competently*. I emphasize that last part because that'swhere Hollywood usually drops the ball. But we can hope.
Krang I could agree with as he had an actual story to him and could carry a movie on his own and be adapted modern sensibilities.

Bebop & Rocksteady however are too superfluous, giving them an origin would take too much time considering there'd just be two lackeys for the turtles to easily dispense with. They have no story beyond their origin and trying to base a movie around characters like that already failed. Secret Of The Ooze would only have been marginaly better with them instead of Tokka & Rahzar and only in the sense that it'd be cool to see cartoon favourites come to life - the story would still be the same and it still would have been a huge step down from the first movie.

I still feel a lot of the appeal of the turtles lies in their quasi realistic setting, even in Fred Wolf how often did the Technodrome go on a rampage? It was never out there long before it was always depowered and sent to some obscure place out of sight and we were back to normal. I'm a big fan of the sci fi and fantasy aspects but I think they should be saved for sequels. A reboot should be back to basics TMNT vs Shredder & Foot Clan. Maybe get clever and forshadow TCRI or the Technodrome or whatever.

Quote:
To wit, I thought Scarecrow was an awful villain to relaunch the Batman franchise, before I saw "Batman Begins". Shows what I knew. Stuff can work if people try.
Ra's Al Ghul was the main villain of Begins. Scarecrow plays a cool but minor role really, he's worked in very well but could easily have been rewritten with another character taking his place. The only reason he's there is that it was a left over Schumacher idea for the Batman & Robin followup that WB really latched onto. Interestingly Schumacher's idea for a Scarecrow based movie was pretty decent. Whether he'd been allowed to see it through properly is another question entirely though.

Last edited by Galactus; 07-27-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #70
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I'm not against ever seeing Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady in a movie. It is more that I want there to be a reason for them to be there other then people think it would be cool. Using Batman as an example is getting old I know, but I mean look at Begins.

They took Scarecrow and made him a character that became more popular because of the re-imagining. People looked forward to seeing him again. If they are going to include these characters really think about why and if they serve the story. Just don't throw them in there because "people demand" it.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #71
Green Machine
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
I'm not against ever seeing Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady in a movie. It is more that I want there to be a reason for them to be there other then people think it would be cool. Using Batman as an example is getting old I know, but I mean look at Begins.

They took Scarecrow and made him a character that became more popular because of the re-imagining. People looked forward to seeing him again. If they are going to include these characters really think about why and if they serve the story. Just don't throw them in there because "people demand" it.
I agree. People might demand it, but most people don't know what makes a good movie (myself included). I'd love to see Krang, Rocksteady, and Bebop in the movie. But only if it makes sense. When the first movie came out I was a kid and I admit I was very disappointed that they weren't in it. Now that I'm an adult I understand why they weren't.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #72
Bob
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
I'm not against ever seeing Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady in a movie. It is more that I want there to be a reason for them to be there other then people think it would be cool.
To be fair, though, with that rumoured synopsis floating around, it seems that there is a reason for them being there. At least for Krang. Maybe this is the reason why they're going down the alien route?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #73
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Wow no else is excited about the news?????
Old 07-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #74
Bob
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
It’s because this thread has come far too late. I broke the news in this thread http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=37916 five weeks ago.

In short, everybody knows.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #75
Ninjinister
無問題

Who
The hell
Is
Beebbop?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #76
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
He’s got 31,000 followers now. He’s just left a message saying that he has to post a review now. Don't know where all those followers came from. He was below 4000 a couple of weeks ago.
Spam bots.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #77
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Had it actually been news my reaction might be "aghast," but I think it's been pretty clear for a while now that with no more Peter to tell people "no" that things would be going full-bore Fred Wolf.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #78
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
It’s because this thread has come far too late. I broke the news in this thread http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=37916 five weeks ago.

In short, everybody knows.
Sorry I didn't c it or realize it..... Can a mod delete the thread?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Who
The hell
Is
Beebbop?
Lol sorry but my computer is 5 years old and some of the keys stick for some reason...
Old 07-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #79
Vincent
Hench Mutant

I'm definitely in favor of the Technodrome, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady being in it. It's a great move in terms of pleasing the general audience, and it's the thing a lot of people keep wanting and not getting from TMNT movies, and those are iconic images with great potential regardless of their goofy origins. I just hope the tone is more in line with the Mirage comics than with the Fred Wolf series, and I hope the storytelling and character drama is solid, and that the turtle balance is more even than the Imagi movie (which I liked for the most part, but found to be far too focused on Leo and Raph).

I like the Fred Wolf series okay, but I prefer more story- and character-heavy incarnations, so I'd love to see a blend of Fred Wolf concepts and Mirage-style storytelling.

ETA: I do hope April is not a reporter. That always struck me as a Lois Lane thing.

Last edited by Vincent; 07-28-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #80
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Here's what I don't understand...Kevin Eastman is talking about having fight scenes like The Raid: Redemption and Fist of Legend...

How...I repeat HOW...can you do that in a script that has Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang?

That'd be like if the 80's turtles cartoon had the violence from the movie Heavy Metal...it's not a mix that makes sense...
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancelled media, depressing, gay, lol, old news, scripts