The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-31-2017, 08:51 AM   #41
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Similar, "What's your favorite kind of music?"

No real answer for that... just a mix of stuff? If I like it, I like it. I don't pay that much attention to what kind of music it is or who its by. It would be more effective to ask what I don't like.
Agreed. I don't have a lot of favourites, to be honest, though I like at least a few songs by bands/artists from most genres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
"Why are you so quiet?"
Hate this stupid question l. What kind of answer do they hope to receive? It's just the way I am, no need to question me about it.
I agree. I was never actually quiet when I was a kid, though. I just wasn't interested in talking to people sometimes, especially when I didn't have much in common with a lot of them anyway. There's no point in talking just for the sake of talking.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:58 AM   #42
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
But then who shot Joe? You're not gonna tell me that he managed to fire 2 shots when White is clearly shot in the chest right after he shoots Joe, right?
He shoots Joe right when Eddie shoots him, then gets off a second one before going down.

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:43 AM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
There's no point in talking just for the sake of talking.
Wild guess... Introvert? Agree, small talk and wasting breath on things it doesn't need to be wasted on can annoy me.

And I live with family who are big talkers and try my patience, including a mother who can take one small comment or question asked of her and leave me wondering why it had to turn into a whole discussion. *sigh* Just, no, stop it. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:20 PM   #44
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Wild guess... Introvert?
It's odd because I'm introvert in that I gain energy from spending time alone and I become stressed and anxious if I can't get it. However, I am really talkative and I've got a lot of ideas so I'm often tempted to talk about them.

It's hard at work though because no one's really interested in random facts and theories and I usually want to tell someone.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:48 PM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Does make sense, since introverted sorts tend to be thinkers and ideas people. I mean, it's not like introverts never talk, if some more than others, but yeah, most of us would probably be more interested in discussing some interesting idea rather than, say, where someone had lunch and why it was "just okay."

I suppose I'm also partly the quiet sort because, likewise, most aren't going to care for the things I'd rather discuss, or so I tend to assume. And get myself stuck letting other people bore me to death... (And wish they shared a better sense of self awareness to realize that they are doing that.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:12 PM   #46
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Wild guess... Introvert? Agree, small talk and wasting breath on things it doesn't need to be wasted on can annoy me.

And I live with family who are big talkers and try my patience, including a mother who can take one small comment or question asked of her and leave me wondering why it had to turn into a whole discussion. *sigh* Just, no, stop it. lol
I'm somewhere in between being an introvert and extrovert. I was more of an introvert when I was a kid, as I didn't know what to talk about at times. I became more of an extrovert as a teenager when I started hanging around more with people that I had stuff in common with.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:42 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Here's another one, "What sports do you watch?" or "Did you catch the game last night?"

I don't watch sports, like....at all. But if you're male for some reason you're expected to follow sports or know everything that went on "during the game last night."

Like wtf? I don't watch sports, man.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:43 PM   #48
ToTheNines
[sic]

You're a sissy.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:45 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

How often do people watch sports these days? Unless you're some overly obsessive fan who has to catch everything your favorite team does, most of us don't have the time or bother.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:55 PM   #50
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Here's another one, "What sports do you watch?" or "Did you catch the game last night?"

I don't watch sports, like....at all. But if you're male for some reason you're expected to follow sports or know everything that went on "during the game last night."

Like wtf? I don't watch sports, man.
How do they react when you tell them you don't follow sports?

Quote:
How often do people watch sports these days? Unless you're some overly obsessive fan who has to catch everything your favorite team does, most of us don't have the time or bother.
Well just like some people play games during the rest of the day after work/school some will catch a game or do something else. Different strokes. If you really like something you can always find the time to watch/do it. Ofc you gotta prioritise some things. I don't watch every game my team plays. I tend to miss always a few from less important competitions. And missing a couple of league games won't be a big deal either.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:17 PM   #51
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Fun tip: if someone asks you what sports you watch, tell them you don't watch them, but you do jerk off frequently. Then flex your arm.

They won't ask again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
You're a sissy.
I swear it's mostly insecure men who put down other men with no interest in sports.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:20 PM   #52
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
Fun tip: if someone asks you what sports you watch, tell them you don't watch them, but you do jerk off frequently. Then flex your arm.

They won't ask again.
I don't think it's a good idea for him to tell his co-workers and his bosses that.

Quote:
I swear it's mostly insecure men who put down other men with no interest in sports.
Despite liking football/soccer a lot, I could not care less if someone doesn't watch it, as long as they aren't pretentious about it and don't call me "dumb" and "uncultured" for liking it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:26 PM   #53
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Lol, I'm messing with him. I haven't watched a sportsball game since the World Series.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #54
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

When I tell people I don't drink, they sometimes ask why and I have trouble answering. At least, I have trouble answering truthfully; I typically just say something vague like "it's not for me", or "I just don't", and people rarely push it any further. They used to when I was younger, but not anymore.

The answer is kind of personal, and depending on the company I'm in, I can't really just come out an say why. Let's just say that there are some pretty hopeless alcoholics in my family, and telling people in certain circles, that's why I don't drink, would make the identity of the people I'm referring to very obvious.

I also don't want to come off as judgemental, and people have taken my explanation the wrong way in the past. I get the feeling that some people experience a bit of self-loathing over their more extreme drinking habits, and then project it onto other people.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:47 AM   #55
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
"Why are you so quiet?"
Hate this stupid question l. What kind of answer do they hope to receive? It's just the way I am, no need to question me about it.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Because only a fool talks when he has nothing to say. That's my favorite answer.
"A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he had to say something." - Plato

I wish I knew about that quote when I was younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I used to get given more flack for being quiet when I was younger. As an adult no one seems to care anymore. If they see you standing/sitting quietly in a corner or leaning against the wall they'll just assume you're not interested in talking to people and they'll just talk to someone else. I mean, it'd be rude for an adult ot come up to another and ask him to open his mouth
I guess you're right about being more likely to get that question as a kid. I was known for being quiet when I was a kid, but I can't recall being questioned about it once I reached adulthood.

It tends to be assumed that when a kid isn't all chatty 24-7, the kid has some sort of mental issues. One guy at a job I worked one summer as a teenager actually thought I might be retarded because I wasn't talking to the girls there. I liked girls as much as the next guy, but for some reason, I never felt compelled or obligated to talk to those girls. Still, they could have talked to me if they wanted to. It's not like they haven't got voices. Besides, I already had female friends from school, and even online.

Quote:

I agree. I was never actually quiet when I was a kid, though. I just wasn't interested in talking to people sometimes, especially when I didn't have much in common with a lot of them anyway. There's no point in talking just for the sake of talking.
That was pretty much me as a kid. I especially couldn't help but keep quiet when I usually ended up around people who wanted nothing to do with me in the first place.

Quote:

My mother actually told me that she thinks I'd be more talkative if I had a sibling. I've already gotten that crap from people before and it was bad enough, but it's more dicked up to have my own mother tell me that. I wonder if she wishes I was born a girl too. Having siblings doesn't make anyone more outgoing. I'm pretty sure at least one of the Duggar kids is an introvert.

Quote:
I'm somewhere in between being an introvert and extrovert. I was more of an introvert when I was a kid, as I didn't know what to talk about at times. I became more of an extrovert as a teenager when I started hanging around more with people that I had stuff in common with.
That sounds like me. I'm happy to talk as long as it's with people that I can relate to, but I know it doesn't mean I have to be saying something every five minutes.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:38 AM   #56
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

What is your favorite TV show?

What is your favorite band?

Who is your favorite author?

My answer to all of them: I like different types.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:39 AM   #57
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
My mother actually told me that she thinks I'd be more talkative if I had a sibling.
To some extent, it's probably true. If you had a sibling and didn't get on with each other. You'd be more talkative, simply because of the arguing back and forth with each other.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:06 AM   #58
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
To some extent, it's probably true. If you had a sibling and didn't get on with each other. You'd be more talkative, simply because of the arguing back and forth with each other.
I don't care. Like I said, I didn't need her telling me that after I had already caught static about it from others before her. Besides, even if I did have siblings, she still would have ended up wishing I was more talkative. I've had others tell me the same thing. Some of them admit to being quiet and/or shy, and they have siblings as well. Even people who are outgoing and have siblings have said so, and are big enough not to give me crap about it. Even without siblings, I think I managed to be rather sociable nearly everywhere I went, as long as others would allow it. So all those who pity me or look down on me for not having siblings can just suck giraffe balls.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:14 AM   #59
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Like I said, I didn't need her telling me that after I had already caught static about it from others before her.
Does she still do this, even now? My parents have said that I'm quiet at times, but have only said it infrequently.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:34 AM   #60
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Does she still do this, even now? My parents have said that I'm quiet at times, but have only said it infrequently.
That was the only time she said it, but it was worse coming from her. Most of the others who gave me crap were just immature adolescents.

Even before that she always pushed me to be more sociable, but I thought she was a bit of a stickler about it. I didn't always keep to myself, and I didn't mind interacting with others, but I can't be expected to be out and about nonstop. Taking some me-time to recharge never hurts. Besides, not everybody wanted anything to do with me, and they had their reasons for that. Some were fair and some weren't, but you can't please everyone. I was better off without them anyway.