The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #101
Chris
Mad Scientist

Plenty of discussion on this over the last page or 2.

Basically when April came out there was an editor's note from Bobby saying it took place between 12 and 13. Because Casey leads directly into 13 that meant that April had to take place before Casey (Micro 7 before Micro 6).

More recently Bobby has said that the issue fits better thematically between 14 and 15.

Nines has kept the original, chronological, order for his timeline in the first post of this thread. DrSpengler prefers the thematic grouping of the stories so his timeline is in the new order.

For my part I've put both orders in my timeline midway down the first page of this thread.

Neither order is wrong, so read them in whichever order you find suits your tastes best.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #102
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

yeah I read the discussion, that goes without saying...

thanks for your opinion
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #103
Chris
Mad Scientist

No worries.

I think the behind the scenes answer is that all those issues were being written around the same time and hadn't all come out so Bobby may have been worried about a possible continuity conflict when he wrote the original note that appears in the micro. Now everything's out and he can look back on it more clearly and there is not conflict having April between 14 and 15 so he's changed his mind about the placement as April serves as a prologue to 14/15.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #104
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

hey guys, is their any reason as to why the annual fits where it does?

I just read it, and I guess that is a good place for it, but the annual feels forced and somewhat out of place in the current story

you get karai, shredder, savates etc all in there, but it is supposed to be after 14 and appril, but before 15 right?

it does go well in there, I just can't find a link from 14/april to annual to 15

it really seems this annual was more of a "stand alone" story of sorts

what do you guys think about this?

tmnt enitiy states that this story contines from #14
Old 03-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #105
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

The Annual is a completely standalone story, so it's going to fit a little strangely no matter where you put it. I think it's fine where it is, as it drops into a clean narrative break between two arcs.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #106
ToTheNines
[sic]

Main reason for its placement is the fact that they haven't moved into the church yet.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #107
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

great great, thanks a lot for the replies. I never thought it was a bad place for it, I agree...

I just didn't want to be the only dude that thought it was a stand alone. lol

I understand it now, thanks
Old 05-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #108
NYShell
Stone Warrior

timeline concern

Hey guys, I was just wondering... I was reading micro-series #3 Donatello, and it says Baxter Stockman used Don as an experiment. Then it shows with an asterisks "see the ongoing TMNT - Ed". Can someone please tell me what issue that happens? Online it said that the main story arc issue #6 chronologically comes right before micro series #3 Donatello. And the Donatello issue follows right after. When does this Baxter/Donatello confrontation take place in the timeline? -thanks

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #109
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyt2u View Post
Hey guys, I was just wondering... I was reading micro-series #3 Donatello, and it says Baxter Stockman used Don as an experiment. Then it shows with an asterisks "see the ongoing TMNT - Ed". Can someone please tell me what issue that happens? Online it said that the main story arc issue #6 chronologically comes right before micro series #3 Donatello. And the Donatello issue follows right after. When does this Baxter/Donatello confrontation take place in the timeline? -thanks
It was referring to the origin, when the Turtles were experiments at Stockgen (seen in TMNT #1-2). The two characters don't have a "confrontation" until the Don micro.

As for the chronology, #6 is a standalone issue, so the Don micro could conceivably go before or after it (I place it after, personally).

Last edited by DrSpengler; 05-29-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #110
NYShell
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
It was referring to the origin, when the Turtles were experiments at Stockgen (seen in TMNT #1-2). The two characters don't have a "confrontation" until the Don micro.

As for the chronology, #6 is a standalone issue, so the Don micro could conceivably go before or after it (I place it after, personally).
Ah gotcha! Thanks!

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #111
ianke_2002
Foot Soldier

is this completely up to date and current? As ive been holding off since #18 to see it get sorted out a bit more.
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #112
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianke_2002 View Post
is this completely up to date and current? As ive been holding off since #18 to see it get sorted out a bit more.
The ongoing is up to #22 and the Villain Micro-Series is up to #2, both of which are accounted for in the timeline, so I'd say it's up to date with the current progress of the IDW comics. (and a bit ahead of the curve, as ongoing #23 and Villain Micro-Series #3 are already accounted for via editorial statements at the IDW forums)
Old 07-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #113
funatic
Mad Scientist

was it stated anywhere specifically that the Alopex micro takes place between 23 & 24? I know the foot deserters at the beginning have a City Fall vibe, but that thread goes back all the way to the Savate being introduced in the single digit issues. Just seems strange that Shredder would take a trip to Alaska amid the building tensions - I've done that flight before and it is no picnic. How's
He going to seize New York when overcome with jetlag?!
Spoiler:
It would also play Alopex as a stronger character if she'd been plotting against Shredder for longer, biding her time for the best opportunity to take him out.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #114
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'll probably end up moving it after #24 comes out, unless it fits nicely in there between that and #23. All Curnow said was "it should be read and takes place before #24".
Old 07-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #115
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Shredder going off and doing stuff in the middle of City Fall is a little strange. But Alopex's Micro is almost a complete sidestory, so placement is a little loose. I just figured Shredder was keeping himself occupied while Kitsune was brainwashing Leo.

It *could* take place between TMNT #21 and TMNT #22, but I dunno. Alopex's promotion as Chunin doesn't seem to really be on display in #22 (she's as much a henchwoman in #22 as she's always been).

But if it goes between #21 and #22 then we get into the counterintuitive situation where Villains Micro #4 takes place before Villains Micro #3 and aren't they trying to avoid that?
Old 07-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #116
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I just figured Shredder was keeping himself occupied while Kitsune was brainwashing Leo.
good point. I 'spose brainwashings could take some time.

Quote:
It *could* take place between TMNT #21 and TMNT #22, but I dunno. Alopex's promotion as Chunin doesn't seem to really be on display in #22 (she's as much a henchwoman in #22 as she's always been).
I wonder if her role will seemingly change at all other than the name of her rank. I'm unfamiliar with what being "Chunin" entails. Is Karai Chunin? Higher? She seems to be mostly just a henchman as well.

Quote:
But if it goes between #21 and #22 then we get into the counterintuitive situation where Villains Micro #4 takes place before Villains Micro #3 and aren't they trying to avoid that?
probably. maybe I'm still thinking in terms of scattered puzzle-piece Mirage continuity. This IDW stuff is too straightforward - give me some headaches here guys! ;P
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #117
Tazi
Mad Scientist

If Shredder really wanted to make Alopex a Chunin (2nd in command), it would make a lot more sense, if this whole stuff is happened before he said to Karai in #8, that he wants Leo as a 2nd in command. It just doesn't fits into the middle of the City Fall arc.
Sure, they're talking about that a big war is on, but that's already been said by the dying Savate in #6. Btw, Raphael Micro (debut of Alopex and also human Bebop & Rocksteady who appear in the Alopex micro) is between #5 and #6 chronologically.

So, imo Alopex micro is between #7 and #8.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #118
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'm going to re-read everything with Alopex in it soon before I make a call on it. However, you're a little bit off, Tazi. Shredder tells Karai he wants Leo as his second in command in #14, not #8. Karai didn't even debut until #9.

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't believe that Chunin necessarily means "second in command". It's just another rank up.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #119
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Regarding placement for the Alopex micro, Bobby Curnow was generous enough to humor me and give a thorough answer.

He votes for between TMNT #21 and TMNT #22.

Quote:
I think she was always of a higher rank than your average Foot soldier. "special assassin" maybe? I wouldn't know what the correct terminology would be. But she's never been a grunt.

But Alopex micro definitely doesn't happen a long time ago, like around #12, I would have specified that if that were intended to be the case.

So when does it happen, actually? That is a good question. As you'll see in TMNT #24, not much in-story time has passed between #23 and #24. I think it's maaybe possible Shredder and Alopex could have made a quick 24 hour excursion in that time (and Alopex, not knowing the plans for Leo, would still imagine him as an enemy during that first fight).

However, that all is a bit of a stretch. It's unlikely that Shredder would take the time at that exact moment to make the excursion to Alaska.

Here's what we do know: Alopex makes mention of things heating up, war-wise, and that's why those renegade Foot soldiers at the start are selling Foot secrets. Shredder also says things are getting worse, and they need to consolidate resources (the supposed reason for going to Alaska) So i'd definitely put Alopex after the TMNT Annual, when Victor takes control of the Savate and things between them and the Foot get worse.

But when exactly? I'm preferring not to officially identify— it's one of those things where the exact timing isn't crucial... but if pressed to identify a spot, i'd tentatively say before #22, as #22 -#24 all take place over a short period of time, a few days or so. So let's say between #21 & #22, for the time being.

Phew, long answer!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #120
ToTheNines
[sic]

Works for me. Like I said on the IDW boards, it makes sense for Shredder to want to pool his resources and get ready for war with Kitsune up and at 'em.

Tags
timeline