The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-26-2017, 06:01 PM   #3561
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Is $500 for this considered a steal? It seemed to be to me in the heat of the moment... so now he's mine!
Yes good deal. Last week I seen either BBTS or maybe it was TRU had them for about $500. ToyWiz currently has them at $600. So maybe not a steal but a very good deal compared to MSRP.
https://toywiz.com/neca-teenage-muta...hips-november/
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #3562
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It retailed for $1000, as far as I know, so definitely!
Yea, they're half off at Big Bag Toy Store... That's where I got him. If anyone was on the fence about getting one he's definitely worth it. The seams on the shoulders are a bit sloppy and he's making my house stink of latex, but other than that he's pretty freakin awesome and well worth the $500.

FYI though, plan to be home when he is delivered. The box won't fit through a door unless you have a slider (which I don't) LOL! So taking him out of the box and into my house in pieces certainly was a sight for the neighborhood.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #3563
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yea, they're half off at Big Bag Toy Store... That's where I got him. If anyone was on the fence about getting one he's definitely worth it. The seams on the shoulders are a bit sloppy and he's making my house stink of latex, but other than that he's pretty freakin awesome and well worth the $500.

FYI though, plan to be home when he is delivered. The box won't fit through a door unless you have a slider (which I don't) LOL! So taking him out of the box and into my house in pieces certainly was a sight for the neighborhood.
If they drop a Don, I'm all over it.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #3564
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:

At least he's green. If that was a human figure things could have gotten interesting.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #3565
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Not a huge deal, but I bought a Fugitoid for under $5 on eBay. I went with the regular version over the chrome one, just in case the figure would flake off the chrome as soon as he was out of the package.

To be honest, the Fugitoid figure is a bit underwhelming in-hand.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:01 AM   #3566
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The Wal-marts near me have the WWF Turtles marked down to $9. Not a bad deal for giant figures with a tie-in gimmick.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #3567
nevermore
Foot Soldier

Finally found another set to replace one I had sold. Seems like a good price with 10% eBay Bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272791003920
Old 08-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #3568
ProdUK
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Finally found another set to replace one I had sold. Seems like a good price with 10% eBay Bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272791003920
Nice purchase. I won the black and white set from the same seller, it cost a fair bit but I had to have it!
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:51 PM   #3569
nevermore
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdUK View Post
Nice purchase. I won the black and white set from the same seller, it cost a fair bit but I had to have it!
Congrats! I was watching that set too. These figures are still the best, nearly 10 years later. Still only 500 sets. This year's SDCC set had a run of 5,000, 10x more than these. Last year's Arcade set had a run of 3,000.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #3570
nellyp
Stone Warrior

A couple of weeks ago I was at the annual flea market around here. The tmnt figures were pretty much non existent which was disappointing but I managed to get a Donatello plush from 1989 with the tag still on it for $3 so that was cool.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #3571
I Like Turtles
Random Punk

Picked up all 4 Figuarts turtles and First Gokin Cerebral for $200 a few weeks ago from a kijiji ad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48e51a45-bf7a-422e-b3c2-2adb5010d8d6.jpg (91.6 KB, 68 views)
I Like Turtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:21 PM   #3572
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Turtles View Post
Picked up all 4 Figuarts turtles and First Gokin Cerebral for $200 a few weeks ago from a kijiji ad.
That's a pretty good deal.
They look great together.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #3573
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Congrats dude, it's great to score figs you wanted and makes it an especially sweet deal when the price is great.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:59 AM   #3574
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NECA-Teenag...72.m2749.l2649

Can I get this thread stickied?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:06 PM   #3575
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Thats a crazy deal! Were they used?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:18 AM   #3576
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Picked up the set of out of the shadows 11" figures, for $60. 4 turtles, bebop, and rocksteady.
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:34 AM   #3577
Blomberg
Random Punk

My wife ordered me two Figuarts turtles with 15 euro discount each
Blomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #3578
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

A really nice customer brought me a $200 Visa gift card for designing his 20K kitchen... so I bought the Dream Ex Leonardo from BBTS! So even though it's not really a steal it didn't technically really cost me anything so I'm super stoked right now!

Now I just need 3 more generous customers JUST like that so I can buy the other three!

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:37 AM   #3579
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
A really nice customer brought me a $200 Visa gift card for designing his 20K kitchen... so I bought the Dream Ex Leonardo from BBTS! So even though it's not really a steal it didn't technically really cost me anything so I'm super stoked right now!

Now I just need 3 more generous customers JUST like that so I can buy the other three!
Nice! I was hoping to get the DreamEx Leo if I have enough from my bonus and/or taxes this year. I definitely want that figure at some point.

As for my recent steal, I did manage to find a Giant Leonardo Troll for $60 shipped, but he's missing his iconic hair. I was hoping I could just add the material to his head. I don't care if it's mint and in perfect condition, as this will complete my Giant Leonardo collection. This is a pretty difficult Giant to obtain and I didn't think the price point was too bad, considering I have seen them sell for up to $400.

Another recent steal was a Giant Rocksteady for $25. He's not in the most amazing shape either, but I'm psyched to have him in my collection.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #3580
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:

That's pretty sweet! I managed to get DreamEx Donatello a little while ago for around $175 (includes shipping costs).
He does not disappoint!
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote