The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #2001
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Funko pop is making Pops of Bill and Ted. I like that because Neca's two pack is kinda pricey and this is good for peeps on a budget.

Also Daredevil is finally getting a blu ray release in November
Old 10-12-2016, 08:12 PM   #2002
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

To some degree... this Walmart Halloween commercial.

I wish it didn't have to be 'girlified' as per usual these days, but at least they show a little girl dressed as TMNT.

Well... dress as TMNT themed. I don't recall any of the Turtles ever wearing skirts and pink. Nor Batman for that matter. But commercials like this are a start, I guess. (Really... the "get to be" vs "get to be a theme of it" is really kind of obvious there - not that we really know if Spider Man is a brother or not - but that's a discussion for a whole other thread.)

edit: Another one, with extra Turtle goodness:
Spoiler:

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-12-2016 at 08:25 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:30 PM   #2003
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Girls dressed as Ninja turtles and Batman, clear focus on a girl dressed as Rey, a Batman boy in a(n amazing) wheelchair, and not a single clown in sight?

Let's give a much-need point to 2016...
Old 10-13-2016, 09:46 AM   #2004
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I love that commercial myself, Indigo. I don't mind the girlyness of it because she is young and maybe she wanted to wear pink under the costume. Either way, it's a cool thing to show that type of thing and to let people know that Ninja Turtles is not just a boys only property.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #2005
mrmaczaps
Banned

My neca set has reached new england... almost home... lol
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:40 PM   #2006
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Summed up in one word- PAYDAY!!! I am broke as f*** so this is a most welcome relief.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #2007
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That I don't have to worry about the doctor's office calling because Mom just talked to them and confirmed that the doc will be visiting Dad on Monday.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:03 PM   #2008
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I went to the fair with my dad and had a pretty good time. We had some amazing gyros, went to the petting zoo where I got ambushed by sheep, goats, and a small cow. One of the ewes kept pawing my legs until I gave her some and needless to say, I very much needed to wash up to my elbows when I was done there. Especially since the cow licked my arm on occasion. There was a small zebra there and that was cute. Never got to take a picture of it because I kept getting cornered.

After two rides (one of which honestly made me fear for my life), we saw a little bit of the rodeo, at which point we left. I got new pants. So I now have six sets instead of three XD . And two new shirts I wasn't expecting to get; I plan on wearing one of them on Halloween.

A very full day for certain.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:40 PM   #2009
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Happy that I did not pick up the phone at work, and that my slacker co-working (who was supposed to be helping me but managed to keep finding reasons not to) showed back up in good timing and did.

She tried to hand the phone to me, saying "here, listen to this." I turned it down and just asked what they wanted, since I had my hands full and I know that floor better than she does and might be able to tell her what to tell the caller. Instead she hung up.

According to her she'd answered and some guy asked if we sell furniture... then proceeded to ask her if she was smiling and started making weird, inappropriate noises and was trying to give her his phone number. Wtf???

Yeah, I don't need that weirding out my day. Though it doesn't help my resistance to dealing with the phones in the first place. But if he ever calls back and I happened to answer, I guess I might just take down the number and report him later if I find a way to do that.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:48 PM   #2010
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Wow! That is very weird.

Happy maker: That I got to take a small nap and that I was able to come on here today. Might not be on every day but I'll get on when I can.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:32 AM   #2011
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was able to see the Antares rocket headed for the Space Station that launched from Virginia. Info we saw suggested needing a clear view of the horizon, so we weren't sure we'd actually be able to see it from home, but that wasn't the case after all, at least not here. Mostly from here it looked like a short red comet headed in the wrong direction. But after we started doubting that we'd be able to see anything and then spotted a bright red light though a tree (and keep going past the tree where we could see it better), that was pretty cool.

Was supposed to launch Sunday and forgot about it and was disappointed thinking we'd missed it...only to read today that it was actually delayed another day so we got to catch it after all.

Also caught up with an old online friend I haven't really heard from for quite a while. Got back on an old game private server we used to play on together and had a good time catching up.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #2012
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Watching Wheel of Fortune with Dad always makes me happy. Also that he is getting better at sleeping through the night so we have been able to sleep just fine. Such a relief.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #2013
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Glad to hear it, Bubbly, hope things continue to settle down.

Finally got my vehicle back today, after over two and half weeks. Looking great again and they did more to fix it up than expected. i.e. new paint job on the driver side door as part of the blending the paint so new doesn't stand out against the old; looks like it got a new bumper (which had only gotten a small dent) along with the side cap; nice looking new black cages over both tail lights, which is nice because the ones I had came with it when I got it in 2002 had been starting to rust for a while.

edit: This video. Titled "Little Girl Tries To Get Huge Ship To Honk At Her And She Instantly Regrets It"

Guess she didn't expect a big ship to have an equally big voice.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-21-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:39 AM   #2014
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
A weekend off with the Mr and it is getting close to Samhain so it is time to break out the decorations and get creative! My FoE game is doing a fun event for the holiday so I have been playing that a lot. Had breakfast with Mr Duckie and now we are just chilling together cuddling on the couch playing our games.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:59 PM   #2015
Mzx10484
WEM Super Starfinder 200

Practicing new songs on guitar... Riders on the storm ... and:

Mzx10484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #2016
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I had a very long, nice day with my mom. Most of which was shopping and getting my hair cut.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:14 PM   #2017
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Helping Dad with my sis made me happy. I was watching football with him and he liked that. I also had him read the ABC book by Dr. Seuss and he did a pretty good job both times. Still has some work to do though.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:20 PM   #2018
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

With my mom laid up with a broken arm, one of my uncles has come to spend a several days with us to help watch my nephew during the day. My dad's youngest brother, one of the two siblings he was closest to. Always good to see him (and the other uncle) and the similarities in their personalities that remind me of my father. Even if to look at them you wouldn't immediately expect them to be too much alike.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #2019
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Having been dealing with a lot of personal struggles, I recently managed to get a hold of some good friends over Facebook and text messaging.

Also at one point today I somehow misplaced part of my laptop charger, and rode bike all the way back to my parents' house to see if I left it there. No such luck, but then after getting back into town, I decide to check out Staples where I explained my predicament. Lo and behold they had some spare cords, and I got one for free! It really cheered me up.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #2020
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Dad did well with physical therapy today. Looking forward to a good lunch which Mom has just gone to get for all of us. Also, it's my mom's birthday today.