The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #1781
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's pretty obvious it's an action cartoon, why wouldn't it be? Nothing points to it being a comedy series or like those Summer Shorts.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #1782
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Cubed is only speculating but repeating it as many times as possible so it catches on and then it's commented as fact.

Do we even know when this show will begin to air? Did they say 2018 or fall 2018? I can't remember. It seems they're showing us a lot with the logo and the voice video not to mention the Nick show being stretched out and completed in the fall quickly. So I would guess early 2018 but I also seem to remember it would air fall 2018.

If it's fall 2018 it won't be until SDCC when we'll actually see a trailer.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:45 PM   #1783
CyberCubed
Overlord

Last we heard Fall 2018, but maybe we'll get a preview or an early airing around summer for the first episode or something.

And yes, I don't know why people are "fearing the worst" of it not being a regular action cartoon. We would have known by now.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #1784
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That firs press release specifically mentioned comedy and not focusing "solely" on action like previous shows, which previous shows didn't focus only in action which makes it seem like it'll be a comedy show.

That's where the whole TTGo comparison began from, the announcement from the show. I don't think it'll be like TTGo (I hope it is!) but whatever it is will be more comedy oriented than either 2k3/Nick, more similarities to the OT in tone or say like the original Teen Titans at least.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #1785
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Teen Titans Go! doesn't appear to have any.
i wonder if it'll have nostrils. all cartoons seem to have them these days.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #1786
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
That firs press release specifically mentioned comedy and not focusing "solely" on action like previous shows, which previous shows didn't focus only in action which makes it seem like it'll be a comedy show.
The latest show promo says the Turtles will be battling new mutants, unlocking the secrets of NYC (whatever that means?), and basically coming to the surface for the first time. It's also obvious by the VA's practicing with their weapons and screaming it's going to be an action show.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #1787
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know action and comedy aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, right?
Old 11-10-2017, 03:12 PM   #1788
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's going to be the same as any other action/comedy show, like Nick TMNT, 2003 Teen Titans, etc.

We're just probably not going to see any extreme violence or death. Nick TMNT pushed things hard like Tiger Claw getting his arm chomped off by Alopex, both Splinter and Shredder dying, a lot of intense and brutal beatdowns like Slash's first episode beating the crap out of Don/Mikey. Some suggestive innuendo and violence, etc.

Nick TMNT pushed things hard at times, so I suspect we won't see anything as violent.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:48 AM   #1789
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Since the current series debuted in 2012, the kids who grew up watching it are adults now, so Nick is starting over with the new series aimed at a younger audience this time, but we all know that kids will grow to be adults as the new series progresses, the cycle will continue with Nick creating another series to aim at another generation of kids.
Adults? Those kids grew up fast in just 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's going to be the same as any other action/comedy show, like Nick TMNT, 2003 Teen Titans, etc.

We're just probably not going to see any extreme violence or death. Nick TMNT pushed things hard like Tiger Claw getting his arm chomped off by Alopex, both Splinter and Shredder dying, a lot of intense and brutal beatdowns like Slash's first episode beating the crap out of Don/Mikey. Some suggestive innuendo and violence, etc.

Nick TMNT pushed things hard at times, so I suspect we won't see anything as violent.
Agreed, this one looks more geared towards younger audiences.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 11-16-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #1790
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well that's a parody/comedy series, this is still a traditional action cartoon.
So are Ben 10 and Justice League Action and they are mainly episodic.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:46 PM   #1791
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
And what info can you link us to remind us that we know this for sure?

That's kinda sad. I doubt he really has much reason to be in on much of what's going on for the next show, so I'm leaning toward "he just didn't know." (If something was spoiled, that would be okay though.)
Or maybe Raph will be leader and stay leader.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #1792
CyberCubed
Overlord

Raph has always acted like a leader in various episodes of the old shows, and disagreeing with Leo on what to do. This isn't anything new.

We're just going to see some development this time around over it.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #1793
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Whatever Cubed. If Raph stays leader til the last episode, first you'll start raving like a dumbass that they messed up and it should have been Leo... but then later you're gonna change your tune and be all for the idea and you'll 'lolwhat' whoever doesn't agree with you.

Same ol song and dance pal. Sit this one out this time, will ya?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-16-2017, 05:59 PM   #1794
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Sit this one out this time, will ya?
Only if hell freezes over. But at the rate things are going these days, that might be a possibility.

Even if this is bad, I hope it can at least be bad in an utterly ridiculous guilty pleasure kind of way... In that case I might look forward to that kind of ep discussion.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:26 PM   #1795
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Only if hell freezes over. But at the rate things are going these days, that might be a possibility.

Even if this is bad, I hope it can at least be bad in an utterly ridiculous guilty pleasure kind of way... In that case I might look forward to that kind of ep discussion.
It could be so bad that it'll rank lower than BayNostrils and Venus and he'll find some way to defend it to the high heavens.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #1796
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

So according to Wikipedia, Matt Berry is voicing Shredder. I haven't been able to find this anywhere else. Does anyone know where this came from, or if it's even true?
Old 11-16-2017, 08:47 PM   #1797
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
So according to Wikipedia, Matt Berry is voicing Shredder. I haven't been able to find this anywhere else. Does anyone know where this came from, or if it's even true?
Old 11-16-2017, 10:29 PM   #1798
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Can’t anyone edit anything on Wikipedia? Somebody probably just added that to the article.
I’d take most of what I read on there with a grain of salt. Especially if they don’t have any sources listed for where their information came from.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:38 PM   #1799
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
If it's from Wikipedia, then It's probably fake.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:42 PM   #1800
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Yeah if Nickelodeon hasn't confirmed it themselves, I would take it with a grain of salt.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters