The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 07:35 PM   #81
Leo656
The Franchise

Off the top of my head, he was a bunch more rapey.

Been a while since I read the whole deal, but I rolled my eyes way more than I should have, while reading about how one of my all-time favorite movies was essentially a pile of junk for just, the longest time. Love the movie, but it was almost crap.

Remember, "There's many a slip twixt a cup and a lip."

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #82
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Every good movie ever made was a complete accident. So forgive me if I'm a bit cynical. It's true, you really DON'T wanna know how the sausage is made. it's a bummer.
That's a hyperbole.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #83
Leo656
The Franchise

Yes, they're a fantastic way to make a broad point very quickly, Literal Larry.

"JUST 90% of movies" is probably a lot more reasonable, I suppose. Why not.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:15 PM   #84
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I don’t think good movies are accidents. I just think it’s a big process so of course things clash sometimes and the final movie does not end up as intended.

I know Dan’s original idea was more fantastical but it had to be toned down for budget reasons too.

Given there’s a teaser it could be farther along than it seems. There’s probably movies that are well passed the first stages of planning and ready to go into some kind of production by the time we hear about it.

The new Child’s Play remake was announced last summer. They said it was fast tracked and it did already film but think about it. The script, cast and everything else could not have been put together from it’s announment to filming.

They obviously planned it well before telling us they were going to do it.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:35 PM   #85
Leo656
The Franchise

This isn't me being a dick, I'm simply making an observation that absolutely nothing in the teaser couldn't have been put together just as well by a well-equipped fan-filmmaker for YouTube. Probably in a weekend, too.

It was a slick piece of work, but it doesn't prove a single thing about anything. I liked it. Great atmosphere. But it hardly means they're "far along". They already backpedaled on whether or not the original cast had already agreed to appear - with the actors themselves publicly making it sound like this whole thing is as much news to them as it is to us. That hardly sounds like we're watching a Master Plan unfold.

I understand wanting to look forward to things and be excited - by the way, expect to grow out of that by the time you're my age - but everyone would still do well to hold their horses.

As I said, even I'm only stating my feelings about ONE rumored idea, which I happen to not like. But we know NOTHING yet. The truth is, there's no wisdom in being either excited nor outraged by what we know for a fact right this minute. We have literally zero information.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:15 AM   #86
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I agree the teaser could have easily been made by anyone. I honestly thought it was a fan trailer at first. I was about to hit play but took a double take at the header.

I was just trying to say I don’t think Jason would be making an official teaser with the year included if it wasn’t at least greenlit.

Your age? I’m 34...how old are you?
Old 01-22-2019, 12:39 AM   #87
Leo656
The Franchise

Not much older, but it hits like a brick, believe me.

I leaned over at work right after Christmas, heard a few cracks above my hip, and lost all use of my legs for a week. I gotta go see someone Thursday.

At 34 I could still throw a Superkick without needing the IcyHot for thres days after.

You think I'm kidding. Be afraid.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:09 AM   #88
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Actually I’ve had a herniated disc for years and my back would go out from time to time also making me lose all ability to walk or bend down.

It’s an injury I caused myself and though it’s gotten better sometimes it feels like giving out again. Worst pain I’ve ever experienced.

So surprisingly I know exactly what you mean.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:34 AM   #89
Leo656
The Franchise

Somebody should be paying us for this "getting old" bullsh*t.

Nobody ran it by me. I'm just supposed to deal with it, even though I didn't agree to it? Nonsense. Plus it's expensive. I don't have time for it.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:23 AM   #90
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I don’t know if you have the same but for me nothing really worked. It’s just something that took weeks to go back into place. The first time I went to the hospital because I thought I broke something.

Now I have to move in certain ways. More cautious. I can tell it’s different. I don’t like to sit or stand too long because it gets sore. I try to balance it. No really heavy lifting. That’s how I injured it.

Consistent movement and stretching is what helped me. Not vigorous exercise just routine activity. Everybody is different though.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #91
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Only Ramis and Reitman knew what they were making and why it worked; one guy is dead, the other is retired from the series, and that kind of understanding is not hereditary. I'm sure his kid's a nice guy, but that doesn't mean he Gets It.
But Ivan is still there as producer. I'm sure he'll give his son plenty of direction.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:00 PM   #92
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
They already backpedaled on whether or not the original cast had already agreed to appear - with the actors themselves publicly making it sound like this whole thing is as much news to them as it is to us.
We know that's not true. Back at the 35th anniversary bash Hudson said "we're all aboard, let's just see if the studio wants to make it" and now we know that the studio does. Ergo, they're all aboard.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:32 PM   #93
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

As a kid I mostly watched the sequel. It's a solid movie. Does it stand up to the quality of the original? No, but that's a pretty insanely high bar to measure up to. Yeah, it's a retread of alot of the same beats as the first one (as were most 80s sequels) but its still fun and has a ton of original, creative ideas. A river of slime spawned by peoples hatred, an evil entity trapped inside a painting, "positive" ectoplasm proton-packs, the Janosz character... all great, great stuff. I didn't even know people didn't like it until the internet rolled around. My family and friends all thought it was dope.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #94
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
As a kid I mostly watched the sequel. It's a solid movie. Does it stand up to the quality of the original? No, but that's a pretty insanely high bar to measure up to. Yeah, it's a retread of alot of the same beats as the first one (as were most 80s sequels) but its still fun and has a ton of original, creative ideas. A river of slime spawned by peoples hatred, an evil entity trapped inside a painting, "positive" ectoplasm proton-packs, the Janosz character... all great, great stuff. I didn't even know people didn't like it until the internet rolled around. My family and friends all thought it was dope.
Exactly. I had no idea I was supposed to hate it until like 5 years ago.

Also, sidenote... anyone who wants a laugh should look at the recent comments under the original Ghostbusters 2016 trailer on Youtube.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:48 PM   #95
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
We know that's not true. Back at the 35th anniversary bash Hudson said "we're all aboard, let's just see if the studio wants to make it" and now we know that the studio does. Ergo, they're all aboard.
In a radio interview from today. Hudson says he doesn't know if anybody is coming back at around the 10 minute mark.
https://989therock.radio.com/blogs/j...-hudson-012219
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:57 PM   #96
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Yeah, pretty much the same.

One of my earliest lessons in refusing to let the Internet tell me how to think. I know what I watched and I know it was perfectly fine.
--------

Andrew: Obviously they're "on board" in the sense that they'll obviously participate if asked, but that doesn't mean anything is on paper yet. Maybe, maybe not. Obviously they'll be in it, I'm Just Saying. People need to slow their roll; a few shots of a car in a barn and some folks act like they've secretly filmed half the movie already and were just waiting to unveil it as a "surprise".

They're not far along at all, let's just wait and see. Besides, the OGs were in the last one, too... and I'm still really mad about it, so even their token contributions won't be enough to entice me, if everything else looks lame. Dan would make "Blues Brothers 3" for a turkey sandwich, I'm not gonna do jumping jacks just because he's involved in something.

We'll see.
---------

Wildcat: I'd be fine but my chiropractor refused to get involved since it happened at work and workman's comp won't pay for him to actually fix the problem. So I have to go to one of "their" doctors. It is what it is. Feel better.
---------

Xav: Thank you, that's exactly what I figured.

"They're all on board" simply means, "We're old, we're mostly not working, and we'll absolutely do this if we're asked to do it, but nobody's asked us YET."

Let's face it, they slapped a teaser together to see if anyone still cared, and since we do, NOW they're gonna sit down and actually plan the movie. That is fine, but my suspicion about the teaser being exactly all of what they've worked on so far seems accurate. Still a long way to go yet.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:08 PM   #97
drgon78
Mad Scientist

The second Ghostbusters is still good, especially for a sequel.
drgon78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:59 PM   #98
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Ok, anybody seen this statement from Leslie Jones?
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...191458836.html

I lol'd at the irony here. Censored explicit language warning:
Spoiler:
“So insulting. Like f—k us. We dint count,” the comedian wrote before making a political statement. “It’s like something trump would do. (Trump voice) ‘Gonna redo ghostbusteeeeers, better with men, will be huge. Those women ain’t ghostbusteeeeers’ ugh so annoying. Such a d—k move. And I don’t give f—k I’m saying something!!”

Then again, maybe she's just joking. Of course, right?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

Check a couple pages back, sir. We've all already called her an idiot.

She's completely unbearable and really needs to watch her mouth. Unless she's got pictures of some high-level executive naked with a horse, her "job security" in Hollywood is practically nil.

Y'know, because she's fat, ugly, not funny, doesn't have an indoor voice, and to borrow an old saying from Bill Watts, "Couldn't draw flies if you rolled her in sh*t first." As in, she's not a bankable talent, nobody pays money to see her in anything, and she's absolutely worthless to the bottom line of any film she appears in.

Adds nothing, contributes nothing, talks like she's got a bucket of Oscars and Emmys. It's "great" watching people like that fail upwards in life. Seriously.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:24 PM   #100
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Check a couple pages back, sir. We've all already called her an idiot.
Haha, glad to see y'all were already on top of this. I did go back one page or so, but didn't know how recent the comments were.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote