The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's your favourite Sailor Senshi?
Sailor Moon 0 0%
Sailor Mercury 0 0%
Sailor Mars 1 12.50%
Sailor Jupiter 7 87.50%
Sailor Venus 0 0%
Sailor Uranus 0 0%
Sailor Neptune 0 0%
Sailor Saturn 0 0%
Sailor Pluto 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2019, 05:16 AM   #21
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Sailor Jupiter would be first, with Saturn and Pluto tying for second place.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Honestly, I think Moon, Mars and Venus are the ones that usually get the most development in the property. They're the ones who seem to get the most memorable lines and moments. Mercury and Jupiter a bit less. I think Makoto is a pretty nice girl with a bit of a sad backstory. Ami is nice and all but I can see why people would find her a bit boring. Plus, for someone whose main trait is high intelligence, she doesn't really seem particularly intelligent compared to other characters. Being smarter than Usagi or Minako(in her silly versions) is not that impressive. Sure, she's a top student and great at maths and science; but on day-to-day life and such, she doesn't seem like someone with a "200 point IQ" or something. I've always thought Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask and Michiru/Neptune are better suited for "intelligent characters".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
My favorite is definitely Sailor V, before she becomes Venus. Besides that I like Saturn a lot. I also watched all of Sailor Moon but it was a few years ago like 7 so I guess that's now considered a long time

S > R > OG > Stars > Super S

S is just an amazing show all around; R has an amazing anime only filler arc in the beginning but the actual adaptation is just good; OG is great overall but not amazing; Stars is weird and not great but at least better than Super S; Super S is just horrible.

Fun fact the Mexican dub while using the dub name Serena is a faithful adaptation and dubbed all shows in the mid 90s. Yeah I never saw them as 14 year olds, it's like Saint Seiya, you have all these guys who look in their late 20s and they're all supposed to be 14.
S brought some fresh life into the anime since it introduced the Outers.

Super S is my least favourite season as well. And Stars had its moments but I'm not crazy about it. Never liked the Star Lights much, myself. But the animation is top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Sailor Jupiter / Sailor Mercury / Sailor Mars.

Sailor Pluto.. she was the destructive one of the group, wasn't she? I remember the other Scouts being afraid of her power in the later episodes.
I hink you mean Saturn? Pluto is the one we know the least about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Sailor Mercury.
In fact, she is the reason why I am partial to anime girls with blue hair.

In Russia, show was broadcasted in 1996 (seasons 1-3) and later in 2000s (seasons 4-5). Seasons 1-3 and 4-5 had different teams translating them and translation of the seasons 4-5 was awful, since they were translated in Russian from German, which itself was made from Japanese version of the show.

Favorite season is season 3. Least favorite are 4 and 5. 4 was boring and 5 had too many characters, so show didn't know which characters should be the focus of the show. Inners sometimes felt like they are mere cameos in their own show.

Interestingly enough, despite having Lesbian and Gay couples, as well as crossdresser later on, no-one was crying about "muh traditional values" and show was left uncensored (so no "kissing cousins" or Zoycite (sic?) or Fisheye changing sex). It was a different time in Russia.
Interesting.Thing is, the anime aired from the early to the late 90s. So it's not like it was THAT long ago. Weird how fast things can change at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Sailor Jupiter would be first, with Saturn and Pluto tying for second place.
Tbh, I only included the Outers in the poll because I felt they showed up in too many episodes and chapters to be left out. But I've always viewed Sailor Moon and the Inners as the most important ones/the main character.

I can see why Uranus and Neptune are popular and interesting characters, but they're not really my favourites.

Saturn has a sad backstory. Poor girl.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #23
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Jupiter hands down is the best. She strong, and has taken down the shows minions from time to time WITH OUT transforming. She can also cook, because of her size, has a hard time getting a date, and I like what? She the best one of the show.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Jupiter is leading by a landslide so far.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Sailor Jupiter, she's as nice and warm-hearted as she is tough and she's an awesome cook. The only downside would be her comparing everything she likes about you with her former lover all the time.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:21 AM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Fun fact: The Sailor Moon girls are only 14 (in the beginning of the show), yet they're drawn and look like 17-18 year olds. It's really funny, because if this was a modern anime they'd all be drawn like "loli's" really short and more cutesy.

Since Sailor Moon came out in the 90's it's so noticeable how anime designs have changed. You never see characters drawn like this anymore.

Anyway my favorite is probably Mars or Jupiter but I'm fond of Mercury too. When Venus first appeared I thought she felt the most bland and almost a clone of Usagi, but then as the show went on her personality became more distinct and funny. She was actually pretty funny in the third and fourth series when they made her a flirt and a showoff. She's basically the most sexually provocative of all the Sailor Moon girls.
Anime's always been like that. Ichigo Kurasaki looks way too old for school in later seasons of Bleach but is technically still 16 or so cause I think most of the anime'manga events take place within a year or two.

Anime has this odd way of drawing characters looking way older than they are when they're on their own, and yet somehow still look younger when they're standing next to actual adults of their corresponding series.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:26 AM   #27
Prowler
Emperor

Tbh, Minako had some of the funniest lines in the show from Season S and beyond:

Spoiler:

Old 09-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sailor Moon was ahead of its time for a show that came out in the 90's:

1. We had Uranus which was a lesbian butch type character who wore mans clothes. And then Neptune who was girly and talked about sleeping with her

2. We had transgendered characters with the 3 male characters who turn into females during the final season when they transform

3. We have various eps where the girls look like they're crushing on each other, eps where Usagi is crushed on by other females by accident, etc.

4. There's an entire episode where Sailor Jupiter gets a lesbian crush on Uranus. Too bad it was only for 1 episode

5. All the female villains had huge cleavage and fanservice outfits, kinda surprising for a show where the main cast did not.

6. Tuxedo Mask being the only male character didn't overshadow the females, but he was never completely helpless either

And this was all during the 90's when gay/lesbian and transgender stuff was still viewed as "taboo" for shows even in Japan.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:54 AM   #29
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Sailor Moon was ahead of its time for a show that came out in the 90's:

1. We had Uranus which was a lesbian butch type character who wore mans clothes. And then Neptune who was girly and talked about sleeping with her

2. We had transgendered characters with the 3 male characters who turn into females during the final season when they transform

3. We have various eps where the girls look like they're crushing on each other, eps where Usagi is crushed on by other females by accident, etc.

4. There's an entire episode where Sailor Jupiter gets a lesbian crush on Uranus. Too bad it was only for 1 episode

5. All the female villains had huge cleavage and fanservice outfits, kinda surprising for a show where the main cast did not.

6. Tuxedo Mask being the only male character didn't overshadow the females, but he was never completely helpless either

And this was all during the 90's when gay/lesbian and transgender stuff was still viewed as "taboo" for shows even in Japan.
Tbh such characters have been around in anime/manga for a long time now and often they're used as comic relief. I'd not look at anime/manga and take it as a good representation of Japan as a whole.

Well, it's a girls show, so ofc the male characters can't outshine the heroines.

..meh screw this. I'll leave this to someone like plastron(well she's not around anymore) or something
Old 09-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #30
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Tbh, Minako had some of the funniest lines in the show from Season S and beyond:

Outside of Minako messing up common phrases, She also had the dead beat dad line with Artemis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO0hrVFyT0U
Old 09-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Outside of Minako messing up common phrases, She also had the dead beat dad line with Artemis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO0hrVFyT0U
I've never seen this scene in English but seems very faithful to the Japanese version. I remember that. It was funny.

It's interesting how Minako in he first two seasons was serious and mature. I guess it's because the anime began when he manga was in its early issues and didn't know how to establish Minako's personality at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Sailor Jupiter, she's as nice and warm-hearted as she is tough and she's an awesome cook. The only downside would be her comparing everything she likes about you with her former lover all the time.
That's her gag, yes. Mentioning her ex-boyfriend all the time.

It's funny how she's portrayed as unfeminine when she loves to cook and do house chores and wants to open a flower shop and a cake shop in the future. I guess it must be a cultural difference or something here.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:38 PM   #32
Leo656
The Franchise

The hot one.

..............I don't watch it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:39 PM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The hot one.

..............I don't watch it.
You're gonna have to specify. Like, post an image of her or something.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #34
Allio
Foot Elite

I think Mars was my favorite. I even have a chibi doll I got from anime club.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:07 PM   #35
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
You're gonna have to specify. Like, post an image of her or something.
fa·ce·tious
/fəˈsēSHəs/
adjective
treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:32 PM   #36
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
fa·ce·tious
/fəˈsēSHəs/
adjective
treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
Ok, but do you happen to have a favourite in particular or do you like all of them equally?
Old 09-14-2019, 04:53 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

I used to catch a minute of it while channel surfing before Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog came on since they were on the same channel. I know nothing.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #38
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I used to catch a minute of it while channel surfing before Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog came on since they were on the same channel. I know nothing.
I liked that cartoon back when I was a kid, too. It was fun. I must have seen the first ever episode a billion of times. Seriously.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:45 PM   #39
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52e_dppm7hI

Same scene, fan dub, but the words are right, this is from the redub uncensored Sailor Moon. Which is even more funny. Yes in America, they are redubbing Sailor Moon on DVD and releasing uncut. So we get the nude scenes like with Sailor Uranus transform and you saw her butt during the scene, and the dream scene with a yes, bare butt Sailor Mercury. Oh yeah and a naked Sailor Moon when she got her first power upgrade in season 2 I think it was? Yeah that was either cut or change in America.

Some curse words are not change, like Ass. Sailor Jupiter told Sailor Uranus that she was going to kick her ass, after Uranus used her as bait for the villains. Drinks are not change to juice. Yes Sailor Moon gets drunk in one social gathering. Its great to finally see the show the way it was suppose to be seen. Uncut. 1 more DVD release, and I have the whole series uncut.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:43 PM   #40
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
I think you mean Saturn? Pluto is the one we know the least about.
I think that you're right. I mistook one Scout for another. My bad and, thanks for the correction.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote