The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2022, 05:45 AM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

This show turns 10 years old this year

It just hit me, it's the tenth anniversary this year. I think it's a little easy to forget that because the show only ended about five years ago and kids' cartoons typically end before getting a fourth season and often don't even last three.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 10:43 AM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

2022 also marks the fifth anniversary since the final season aired.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 02:44 PM   #3
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

I'm still watching my DVD boxes of the series, there's so much I can get from it for my fan comic.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:05 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eesh, already?

This is why we have those kids saying "It was a big part of my childhood!" while the rest of us older people sit here like "What? That was practically just yesterday!" Ten years goes way too fast.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:22 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

This was the first version of tmnt that made me a hardcore fan. Watching it as it aired on tv after coming right back from high school was quite the experience, especially when you're starting to understand concepts like the the Shredder, the Foot Clan, mutants and so many others for the very first time.

And while I haven't brought myself to watch the show in its entirety again, rewatching certain scenes from the most important episodes like the first fight with the Shredder, I find that the show still holds up to this day.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-05-2022 at 05:34 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:32 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Rewatching certain scenes out of context isn't really rewatching the show, it's like looking at clips. I've watched through the show in full 3 times (once in the original airing, and two rewatches).

I should probably start a 4th rewatch eventually. By comparison I've rewatched the original cartoon probably 50+ times (probably more since as a kid I just watched reruns on TV all the time), and rewatched the 4kids series between 12-15 times.

Maybe I should stick with my annual rewatches until the episodes are burned into my brain.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:52 PM   #7
Adventuremaster18
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Eesh, already?

This is why we have those kids saying "It was a big part of my childhood!" while the rest of us older people sit here like "What? That was practically just yesterday!" Ten years goes way too fast.
As someone who was introduced to the Turtles through this show when he was 10, I'm really surprised that it's already 10 years old lol.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:56 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The show isn't 10 years old. The show is 5 years old. The beginning of the show is 10 years old.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 02:20 PM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The show isn't 10 years old. The show is 5 years old. The beginning of the show is 10 years old.
So if they were to produce another season this year, five years after it initially ended and not produce another one, while also ending this year, would that mean the show is suddenly less than a year old?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:13 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So if they were to produce another season this year, five years after it initially ended and not produce another one, while also ending this year, would that mean the show is suddenly less than a year old?
If they did that in earnest, then yes. But no shows really do that. You have shows like Dexter or Gilmore Girls or Heroes that've come back for revivals... these aren't considered "the new season." It's considered a new show, at least from a branding standpoint.

The last two (BAD!) seasons of X-Files from a couple of years ago is maybe the only show that acts like they are new numerical season additions to the old, same intro and all.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:36 AM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Futurama totally did that without being rebranded as another show.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote