The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #41
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
If Minimates made a set of proper Mutanimals, like Rockwell with his gear, Pete being there, I'd cop.
They made aproper set of mystic and mirage turtles so they seem to be fixing things playmates f*cks up on. If Minimates made a set a set of Mutanimals they'd be proper.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #42
Mugen_Jin18
Foot Soldier

I wish I knew how playmates decides what figures to make & not make. I mean the squirrelanoids & dream beavers each have one major episode & they get figures, but Pidgeon Pete & Biotroid are in multiple episodes even becoming fan faves & yet they won't receive figures??? I dont get it, even the Creep got a 2nd EP that was awesome but I bet we never get a creep figure!
Mugen_Jin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:53 PM   #43
Prototype
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Jin18 View Post
I wish I knew how playmates decides what figures to make & not make. I mean the squirrelanoids & dream beavers each have one major episode & they get figures, but Pidgeon Pete & Biotroid are in multiple episodes even becoming fan faves & yet they won't receive figures??? I dont get it, even the Creep got a 2nd EP that was awesome but I bet we never get a creep figure!

Pidgeon Pete is a super-goofy charachter, as a humanoid bird-neerd, he is worthless in combat.
His super powers are flying (poorly) and "bread-rage" (facepalm).

Besides all that, he is ugly and gross.

I would never by such a disgrace and I don't think kids would rank him high on their must-have-lists.

>All the above goes for Kirby Bat aswell. Playmates should not make unpopular, weak figures if they want to make maximum profit.
Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:30 PM   #44
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier

What about the awful Squirrel they made. Rather have Pigeon Pete than some they have made.
TMNTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:16 AM   #45
Mugen_Jin18
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
Pidgeon Pete is a super-goofy charachter, as a humanoid bird-neerd, he is worthless in combat.

I would never by such a disgrace and I don't think kids would rank him high on their must-have-lists.

>All the above goes for Kirby Bat aswell. Playmates should not make unpopular, weak figures if they want to make maximum profit.
Dude...you really hate Pidgeon Pete haha! For me, his grossness is part of the appeal. Just like Mutagen Man or Baxter fly whos popularity has lasted from OT despite them being super gross! With Pete being part of the Mighty Mutanimals, Playmates really needs to make him a figure to complete the team. Ppl will buy him for that reason alone & to touch on his combat skills a bit, he went toe to toe with Baxter haha! Also, Mondo Gecko's bio actually states that he can't fight yet he gets a figure so I wouldn't bank on playmates making figures based on their fighting skills...you really dont find his bread-rage funny?! He's the comic relief of the team, like Mikey is for the turtles.

Last edited by Mugen_Jin18; 10-14-2015 at 01:22 AM.
Mugen_Jin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:34 AM   #46
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Seriously, I'm definitely sensing some Pigeon Pete prejudice here, not everyone becomes a cute mutant. Do you feel this way about other bird mutants? You're not am Avianist, are you?
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:17 AM   #47
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:

dude Kirby Bat was an important figure he is Aprils dad and alot of episodes were based around him i would love a Pigeon Pete figure and want to keep my Kirby Bat figure
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #48
MisfitKraang
Foot Soldier

Quote:

All that and I'd still buy Pidgeon Pete...and a lot of people and kids
MisfitKraang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:44 PM   #49
Ninjinister
無問題

How is it that most of y'alls can't spell pigeon?
Old 10-14-2015, 04:50 PM   #50
Etsyturtle2
Banned

I hope we get the party wagon, kraang, tiger claw, and biotroid action figures.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:28 PM   #51
Prototype
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTooze View Post
What about the awful Squirrel they made. Rather have Pigeon Pete than some they have made.
I have no strong opinion about the Squirrelnoids, they are just "generic monsters" to me. I have one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Jin18 View Post
Dude...you really hate Pidgeon Pete haha! For me, his grossness is part of the appeal. Just like Mutagen Man or Baxter fly whos popularity has lasted from OT despite them being super gross! With Pete being part of the Mighty Mutanimals, Playmates really needs to make him a figure to complete the team. Ppl will buy him for that reason alone & to touch on his combat skills a bit, he went toe to toe with Baxter haha! Also, Mondo Gecko's bio actually states that he can't fight yet he gets a figure so I wouldn't bank on playmates making figures based on their fighting skills...you really dont find his bread-rage funny?! He's the comic relief of the team, like Mikey is for the turtles.
I never liked the comic relief characters, even as a kid i despised them.
Jar-Jar Binks, Godzooky, 2007-Frenzy, Blip (space Ghost) and so on.

But yeah, I can accept him as a figure...just to complete the Mighty Mutanimals team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
Seriously, I'm definitely sensing some Pigeon Pete prejudice here, not everyone becomes a cute mutant. Do you feel this way about other bird mutants? You're not am Avianist, are you?
I feel compashion for Dr. Cluckingsworth (M.D.), the poor creature's brain is about to collapse under its own weight. He (or she?) should be spared his or her suffering.
I'm not a bird-guy, no

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
dude Kirby Bat was an important figure he is Aprils dad and alot of episodes were based around him i would love a Pigeon Pete figure and want to keep my Kirby Bat figure
I just find the character, Mr Kirby...shallow and pedantic
Also I'm grossed out about his enlarged mutagen-veins that seem about to burst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKraang View Post
All that and I'd still buy Pidgeon Pete...and a lot of people and kids
Yes, and lots of people even thinks Jar-Jar Binks is a funny character
Old 10-14-2015, 05:31 PM   #52
Prototype
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
How is it that most of y'alls can't spell pigeon?
English isn't my native tounge. I saw someone spelled Pigeon with a d, so I just followed the leader.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:42 PM   #53
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
I hope we get the party wagon, kraang, tiger claw, and biotroid action figures.
we already got Tiger Claw and the Party Wagon

Old 10-15-2015, 04:38 AM   #54
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
we already got Tiger Claw and the Party Wagon

http://i57.tinypic.com/10yl280.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/351agd2.jpg
That was.... Um. Not serious. I was kidding.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:22 AM   #55
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It's impossible to tell when you're joking , you're post didn't even seem sarcastic.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #56
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
It's okay to not know things, dude. You only look like a dope when you try to cover it up.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:44 AM   #57
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkolNation26 View Post
I think Renet and Savanti Romero would make for some cool looking action figures!
There was going to be a Savanti figure but idk if they cancelled it or if its just late
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #58
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Where playmates like to do seasonal releases they have been putting out some stuff in February and March. I would assume savanti Romero was planned to release then, but I also thought he would come out with muckman at that time and supposedly they axed him.

The figures were coming out in waves of 4-6 new ones at a time but they seem to be rolling them out now as a couple added to the case assortments.

Here in Canada we still get them in big waves though cause they only do about 2-3 new assortments a year for basic figures.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:29 AM   #59
Bran The Man
Thug

Just saw the trailer for TMNT 2. If we get figures for the sequel, I hope those have better paint apps and look more film accurate.

I would even take some S.H. Figuarts figures of the Turtles in their sequel looks.

Last edited by Bran The Man; 12-10-2015 at 04:38 AM.
Bran The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:11 AM   #60
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Hopes for TMNT 2 Movie toys (hopefully we'll see some at Toy Fair in February):

Bring back the Classic figures for adult collectors. Just go all in, give us all four turtles, bebop, rocksteady, shredder, splinter, casey, april.

If not? Well, I hope Revoltech or some other Japanese company will make us some good versions of the new movie stuff.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote