The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Chop saki?
Leonardo 6 16.67%
Splinter 4 11.11%
Karai 7 19.44%
Team Hamato collectively 8 22.22%
Shredder himself 5 13.89%
Other 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2016, 04:28 AM   #21
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
ISn't it obvious?
We pretend that this doesn't exist.

I do feel though, that Shredder doing himself in isn't too far out of the realm of possibility though, given how mentally unstable 2k12 Shredder is.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:20 PM   #22
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I was gonna say Machias... Wait we talking about the TV Show Shredder or that mental case who thinks he is shredder
Old 08-16-2016, 12:29 PM   #23
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
We pretend that this doesn't exist.

I do feel though, that Shredder doing himself in isn't too far out of the realm of possibility though, given how mentally unstable 2k12 Shredder is.
But as you said on Heroes in a Half Cast: Keep him as far away from a dock as possible. Don't have the Super Shredder anywhere near a dock!
Old 08-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #24
`NightWatcher
Random Punk

I say Shredder himself. I believe he'll juice too much, then eventually bite it right in the middle of the battle.
`NightWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #25
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmff View Post
Give the guy a break. He's from Japan.
Haha, good one bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I was gonna say Machias... Wait we talking about the TV Show Shredder or that mental case who thinks he is shredder
They'll never ban that little shithead. His one saving grace is that he posts pretty infrequently. I dare him to ramp it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by `NightWatcher View Post
I say Shredder himself. I believe he'll juice too much, then eventually bite it right in the middle of the battle.
That would be so anticlimate.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:43 PM   #26
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

*The Shredder falls from the rooftop of a building, after having lost his final battle with the Turtles, and having lost the trust of his mutants and Kraang after backstabbing and betraying them. He wakes up after being badly injured, being surrounded by Kraang droids.

Shredder: (A look of relief) Ah, my friends

Kraang SubPrime: Friends? I thought he said we were the enemy

Kraang Prime: Thats what I heard, Kraang?

Kraang: Kraang will exterminate the one known as Shredder. Hahaha (Look of horror on Shredder's face as a large group of Kraang turn on him)

Shredder: No, no, you don't understand, I didn't mean to betray you, No! (You can probably guess what happens next)

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 08-16-2016 at 06:50 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #27
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

I'd love it to be someone totally unexpected like Donnie, who is usually considered the group's resident pacifist. But realistically I don't see that happening. His storylines don't seem to go beyond 'that' love triangle or inner turmoil over being unable to do something, like rebuild Fugitoid or find a cure for a virus/mutation.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:15 PM   #28
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I would like to see Splinter get one more crack at Shredder before the latter's demise myself. I mean, the score so far was Splinter 2 and Shredder 2 (even if Earth's Last Stand was reversed), I feel they should get one more battle, especially because of said episode leaving disappointment for their battle.

In terms of story, the only one I really see getting the final blow is Karai. Barring Leo, the Hamato Clan really lacks the full grudge especially with Splinter alive. With Karai suffering so much over the course of the series, it'd make sense to fully conclude her arc. Possibly, it can also have the Turtles get one last crack at Shred-head due to never defeating him at all; now with Super Shredder...

If they aren't going to do Shredder in by a hero, I honestly won't be surprised if he does himself in. It'd be stupid though if that occurs. For now, I vote Karai.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #29
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I voted for Leo because I'm just biased like that. I know that there hasn't been a big rivalry with them, but it could be possible that he would do it to save everyone else.

Other options are Karai, Splinter, or all of them. Shredder doing himself in would be funny, but I don't know if they'll go there.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #30
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Now that I have watched city at war, I think Shredder himself bringing his own downfall is really plausible. Seriously, he is willing to mutate himself simply because he wants to stay in power.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:21 AM   #31
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
I'd love it to be someone totally unexpected like Donnie, who is usually considered the group's resident pacifist. But realistically I don't see that happening. His storylines don't seem to go beyond 'that' love triangle or inner turmoil over being unable to do something, like rebuild Fugitoid or find a cure for a virus/mutation.
Technically Don has killed him in the Mirage and 4kids series, once each. I feel like if Nick Donnie does it, it'll be in a Save April moment.

I think there's a cool story opportunity in a future version (maybe even IDW) to have Mikey being the one. It would be a cool way to cap off an arc about him going from "little brother" to a true warrior.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:46 AM   #32
Powder
So tired of this place

Never thought about that before, I'm all for it!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:11 AM   #33
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
But as you said on Heroes in a Half Cast: Keep him as far away from a dock as possible. Don't have the Super Shredder anywhere near a dock!
Yep, far far away...unless they set it up to point out how lame it would be, like in Transdimensional Turtles and how they acknowledged the silliness of the OT Turtles' fighting style when going up against Krang given the restrictions at the time.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #34
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Technically Don has killed him in the Mirage and 4kids series, once each. I feel like if Nick Donnie does it, it'll be in a Save April moment.
And/Or his Brothers, his family also matters equally as much. After all, in the mirage the Turtles gave Shredder the choice of committing Seppuku (AKA Harakiri opening of the abdomen followed by Decapitation) so he could die with some honor as a warrior. But instead, the Shredder pulls out a grenade and says they will all die with him. And Donnie makes the split second decision to knock him off the roof.

Then again maybe Donnie could be involved in the Shredder's defeat but not be the one who lands the final blow. Donnie can make Retromutagen, and as I have pointed out that sort of paints a big red target on Donnie's shell.

The only members of the Foot Clan that we know are aware of the Retromutagen are
Stockman
Rahzar
Bebop
Rocksteady
and Karai.

Karai doesn't really count as the Retromutagen didn't work on her and while she isn't allied with the Turtles, she isn't their enemy either making her more of a loose cannon than anything else for the time being.

Yet when she was being mentally controlled by the Shredder, she did somewhat acknowledge Donatello as a threat in a way and use his affection for April against him.

Deadly Venom-Karai attacks April first and banked on April's dad taking her to the Turtles lair while she went after Casey. This way when Leo and Donnie arrived to help their brothers and Casey, Donnie's mind would be divided between saving his family and April's survival. And thus wouldn't realize they were swimming through her poison before it was too late.

Fourfold trap-Pretends to be April to draw Donnie away from his brothers so he could be captured first. (Yes this is more to him being a weaker fighter than a threat. But Donnie was still smart enough to immediately say "I need to contact the others" when she drops the obvious red flag about the Kraangs return.)

Stockman, Rahzar, Rocksteady, and Bebop have kept this knowledge to themselves for whatever reason.

So with the Shredder we have three possiblities.

1. He hates his mutation and immediately wants to be made human again as soon as possible.

Stockman we have seen starting to make himself some retromutagen in season three (But beyond that one scene there hasn't been any mention of success). But as far as we know he hasn't succeeded as April's DNA is key to the retromutagen's creation. So it is likely he may have very little to no success in creating it.

Shredder will quickly lose his patience over Stockman's failure. And that's it becomes known to the Shredder that one of the Turtles has made Retromutagen in other words knows the secret ingredient that is needed. This would lead to Donnie getting targeted to get the key from him. Donnie of course, would rather go to his grave rather than reveal that April's DNA is the key needed. So April herself chooses to admit that to save Donnie from being seriously hurt before they are given a situation where the other Turtles have to forsake April to get Donnie back to the lair or else run the risk of losing both Donnie and April.

(Leo probably knows April is involved with the Retromutagen's creation though not exactly how...unclear if Mikey or Raph know. Casey obviously doesn't)

Kinda like in the 2014 movie where Shredder tells the Turtles to drop their weapons or he will kill Splinter. They drop their weapons and he stabs Splinter anyway simply because he can.

2. Wants Stockman to have retromutagen prepared so he can return to human once Splinter, Karai, the Turtles, and their allies are all dead.

Again Stockman doesn't know the key to making Retromutagen. Leading to Shredder learning about Donnie's success at it and having Donnie watched so they can get the retromutagen from him, seriously wounding him in the process. Or they do like above, try to force Donnie or somebody to reveal that April's DNA is the key to creating the retromutagen.

3. Shredder likes his mutation and the power it has.

This would make the Retromutagen a potential weapon to be used against him. Shredder naturally would not want any possibility of anything that could return him human to exist and thus would see Donnie as something to be eliminated so that the Retromutagen can't be created ever.

Last edited by victory_angel; 08-18-2016 at 01:45 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #35
ABrown
Banned

I just don't see Nickelodeon killing Shredder though. I imagine that they'd more likely follow the original cartoon route and trap him in Dimension X.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:46 AM   #36
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

They cant trap me because i live on Earth. In the original cartoon i was living in the techndrome that was i dimension x when the turtles atacked me and destroyed it but now i dont have any reason to go to dimesnion x. However i can trap the turtles there by making a trap and then teleport them to dimension x. Without oxygen they will be dead in less than a minute
Old 08-20-2016, 04:17 AM   #37
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #38
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I just don't see Nickelodeon killing Shredder though. I imagine that they'd more likely follow the original cartoon route and trap him in Dimension X.
Ciro is a Mirage fanboy. I think he'll kill him off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
They cant trap me because i live on Earth. In the original cartoon i was living in the techndrome that was i dimension x when the turtles atacked me and destroyed it but now i dont have any reason to go to dimesnion x. However i can trap the turtles there by making a trap and then teleport them to dimension x. Without oxygen they will be dead in less than a minute
You can't trap them because they live on Earth.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:58 PM   #39
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I dare think that Shredder will eventually kill himself - he does has the ability to go over the deep end when revenge is an issue.

The rest of it is in spoilers due to it being long-winded opinions.
Spoiler:
Most of the Kraang are incompetent and if any of them actually kills The Shredder, it would probably come off as a freak incident. Of course KSP could kill Saki since he's pretty psychotic most of the time.

As angry as Yoshi, Karai, and the rest of the Turtles are concerned - sure, they're all pissed off at Saki for their miseries, but I doubt that they would actually deliver the death blow to Oroku partially for the fear that if they kill The Shredder, they might come off as their most despised enemy.

As for Karai, she can emotionally wound Saki by addressing herself as Miwa. That would probably remind Oroku of the fact that he forever lost his chance with Teng Sheng to both his rival and to the death that Saki himself inflicted.

It would be rather interesting to see either Bebop or Rocksteady deal their 'master' the finishing blow (especially Rocksteady, since I still see him carrying a grudge for Saki mutating both him and Bebop into their current forms.)

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:53 PM   #40
miru
Mad Scientist

Mutagen Man comes back to do the deed.