The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #61
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

It'll correct itself next time you're online after he's added you.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #62
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
I've always wanted to use a Milotic, but never got around to it...because, well, it was always hard as balls to find and evolve Feebas.
It eluded me how to evolve it in the previous games. figured it out through Google eventuallyl. And the dex nav made it so much easier in this game. Now it's one of the favorites in my party
Old 12-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #63
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I've added Netkeeper and Gunpowder.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #64
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I'm training in Granite Cave at the moment to prepare for the 2nd gym. My current team is Marshtomp, Taillow, Geodude, Shroomish, Poochyena and Beldum. I found that wonder trade is a great way to get good pokemon, as I managed to get an Eevee that way.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:30 PM   #65
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I'm training in Granite Cave at the moment to prepare for the 2nd gym. My current team is Marshtomp, Taillow, Geodude, Shroomish, Poochyena and Beldum. I found that wonder trade is a great way to get good pokemon, as I managed to get an Eevee that way.
I don't like what they did to Granite Cave this time around...the fact that I had to grab a bike from Mauville before I could get Sableye.

And I don't use Wonder Trade solely because I like to nickname my Pokemon. I got that shiny Beldum and was all set to use it; then I remembered I couldn't nickname it and was like, "Welp. Not using Metagross."
Old 12-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #66
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
I don't like what they did to Granite Cave this time around...the fact that I had to grab a bike from Mauville before I could get Sableye.

And I don't use Wonder Trade solely because I like to nickname my Pokemon. I got that shiny Beldum and was all set to use it; then I remembered I couldn't nickname it and was like, "Welp. Not using Metagross."
I don't like the new layout of Granite Cave either. I thought I would be able to explore the cave first, but I found out that I need to be beat Brawly first. I don't know why Game Freak changed the layout.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #67
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I thought you always needed a bike to get a Sableye? Unless I'm remembering wrong.

I'm stuck in Slateport City. This always happened to me whenever I played the originals so I'm not surprised it happened again, but what the hell do you DO to get Team Aqua to go inside the damn museum?!
Old 12-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #68
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I thought you always needed a bike to get a Sableye? Unless I'm remembering wrong.

I'm stuck in Slateport City. This always happened to me whenever I played the originals so I'm not surprised it happened again, but what the hell do you DO to get Team Aqua to go inside the damn museum?!
Yeah, you didn't need the bike before. You could just say, "Pffft. Flash? Who needs that?" and yolo your way through the remainder of the cave til you reach Steven. This time it's different.

& you gotta talk to Capt. Stern's worker (or whatever role that guy has, I dunno...). Go in the huge building at the bottom right portion of the city and when you walk in, there's literally a cutscene that leads you straight to the guy. Talk to him and head to the museum. Should be unblocked.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #69
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So I got a 2DS to update to be able to play the new games. Among them is Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. How does the online trade work? I have never done it before. I usually have all three starters as my brother and I reboot the game until we both have a fire and grass to transfer to each other and start with water. He does not have the updated DS nor Ruby Omega. That being said,if I can figure out this online thing will anyone be willing to give me a hatched fire or grass starter since I just have one version to work with? Thanks so much.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #70
snake
Disgusting

Got Sapphire for Christmas. I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm sure its fun.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #71
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Got Sapphire for Christmas. I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm sure its fun.
How do you trade on 2DS/3DS? I can get you an extra starter and trade it so you could have multiple starters to go throughout the game if you will hold extra starters for me.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #72
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
How do you trade on 2DS/3DS? I can get you an extra starter and trade it so you could have multiple starters to go throughout the game if you will hold extra starters for me.
You trade using the PSS feature instead of using the Pokemon Centre in older games. You receive it early on in Petalburg City. Your best bet to get the other starters is to use the GTS. I could trade you a starter from Alpha Sapphire or X. What's your fc?

Last edited by Wesley; 12-26-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #73
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
You trade using the PSS feature instead of using the Pokemon Centre in older games. You receive it early on in Petalburg City. Your best bet to get the other starters is to use the GTS. I could trade you a starter from Alpha Sapphire or X. What's your fc?
I am only a day into transitioning from the old DS to 2DS and have not played Pokémon since Diamond. So its embarrassing having ask all these questions that would probably seem simple to you all. Sorry.

FC#? Where do I find that on the Gameboy package/instruction booklet? So far I just charged the system and did the basic set ups. I have Super Smash Bros. ready to play after I log off.

Mudkip, will be my starter and team captain. I just always liked having the other two starters at my disposal. If its not too hard in a few days to pass on a Torchic that would be great though I would not have anything worth trading. So the trade would not be fair but perhaps I can compensate down the line. I assume you would breed for the starter to trade.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #74
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I am only a day into transitioning from the old DS to 2DS and have not played Pokémon since Diamond. So its embarrassing having ask all these questions that would probably seem simple to you all. Sorry.

FC#? Where do I find that on the Gameboy package/instruction booklet? So far I just charged the system and did the basic set ups. I have Super Smash Bros. ready to play after I log off.

Mudkip, will be my starter and team captain. I just always liked having the other two starters at my disposal. If its not too hard in a few days to pass on a Torchic that would be great though I would not have anything worth trading. So the trade would not be fair but perhaps I can compensate down the line. I assume you would breed for the starter to trade.
I got a 2ds a year ago and I only played X for a short time, so a lot of the stuff in Apha Sapphire is new to me as well. Your fc is in your 2ds' friend list. I could breed a Torchic from X for you.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #75
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I got a 2ds a year ago and I only played X for a short time, so a lot of the stuff in Apha Sapphire is new to me as well. Your fc is in your 2ds' friend list. I could breed a Torchic from X for you.
Sounds great. I don't care what stats randomly come with it or if its a male or female. I will have to play around with it and find the friend list. So gar I got it connected to the wireless internet and created a mii. That is about it aside from the time/date info.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #76
Peanut
Second Gear

I also got this for Christmas and I'm going through it now. I immediately put my starter in the box and decided to run through the game with a misfit crew. Looking forward to it.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:29 PM   #77
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I also got this for Christmas and I'm going through it now. I immediately put my starter in the box and decided to run through the game with a misfit crew. Looking forward to it.
Who do you plan on using,Peanut?

If I am able to get Torchic to team with the Mudkip that I will start with who would be a solid bunch to round out the team? I want to raise a Aron to Aggron but that is on Victory Road. I would also like to add Espeon to the mix but that will have to wait until after the Elite Four. So Swampert/Blaziken/Swellow/Aggron/Manetric/Mighteyena/Roselia and switch out one and add Espeon into the mix when able. Any suggestions?

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 12-27-2014 at 05:25 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #78
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Update: I started the game yesterday and settled on a lineup to start with.
Mudkip
Torchic (thanks in advance Wesley)
Tailow
Poochenya
Raltz
Beldom

I will rotate Aron and Electrike as time progresses and have a team of eight. I generally like having a couple of reserves and not limit myself to six for purposes of diverse types and a strong team.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #79
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Update: I started the game yesterday and settled on a lineup to start with.
Mudkip
Torchic (thanks in advance Wesley)
Tailow
Poochenya
Raltz
Beldom

I will rotate Aron and Electrike as time progresses and have a team of eight. I generally like having a couple of reserves and not limit myself to six for purposes of diverse types and a strong team.
I got a Torchic by breeding a Blaziken. I don't want anything in return for it, but could you trade me a Pokemon with Flame Body later on? Thanks in advance. My fc is 4399-0104-9959.

Last edited by Wesley; 12-29-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:17 PM   #80
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I got a Torchic by breeding a Blaziken. I don't want anything in return for it, but could you trade me a Pokemon with Flame Body later on? Thanks in advance. My fc is 4399-0104-9959.
Yes,just tell me of which of those you want of what is available in Alpha Sapphire. It will likely be a few weeks but I shall come through the best I can. I will look up my fc info early in the day tomorrow. Thanks for completing my team. Does anyone else raise more than six when playing through?

Tags
pokemon