The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-30-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
DWC
Banned

MCU films you have and haven't seen? What about the Dc Original Animated Movies?

Apologies if this thread has been done before.

I've seen every film apart from Iron Man 3 and Thor The Dark World. because I hear they're both rubbish and I don't see the point. I do know there's a big twist in IM3 though and I know what it is.

In recent weeks I watched about 8 films I hadn't seen in preparation for Infinity War and I am glad I did because I felt far more familiar with the characters. I knew nothing about the Guardians of the Galaxy for instance until I watched their films. They were therefore very familiar when I went to watch IW on Thursday.

In terms of the DC Animated Original Movies line, I have seen about 15 or 16 of those. They're quicker to get through but you feel they could do with being a bit longer than 75-80 minutes. Some of my favourites are The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 an 2, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League: Doom.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've seen all of them besides the new Avengers movie so far, I'll get it in a few weeks when theaters get less crowded.

I've seen all the DC animated movies besides the most recent two so far.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
DWC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've seen all of them besides the new Avengers movie so far, I'll get it in a few weeks when theaters get less crowded.

I've seen all the DC animated movies besides the most recent two so far.
Infinity War is awesome, you'll enjoy it a lot matey.

I really need to see the DC animated films that I haven't watched yet. will get around to it. I have seen most of the better ones anyway going by critical response.

Are Thor: TDW and IM3 worth watching nah?

Edit: I haven't seen Black Panther yet either but will next weekn when it comes to BR.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:20 PM   #4
raph27
Mad Scientist

Iron Man 3 is worth a watch IMO. It got a lot of hate when it first dropped, (mainly because of the twist) but I watched it again for the first time since opening night on my pre-IW MCU rewatch. It's a lot better than it's remembered. At the time, people thought it would be this big follow-up to Avengers, when that was never the intention. It provides a lot of development for Tony's character, and wraps up his trilogy nicely. Even sets up some themes that reoccur in AoU and beyond.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #5
DWC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
Iron Man 3 is worth a watch IMO. It got a lot of hate when it first dropped, (mainly because of the twist) but I watched it again for the first time since opening night on my pre-IW MCU rewatch. It's a lot better than it's remembered. At the time, people thought it would be this big follow-up to Avengers, when that was never the intention. It provides a lot of development for Tony's character, and wraps up his trilogy nicely. Even sets up some themes that reoccur in AoU and beyond.
Thanks for the suggestion mate, I will watch it next time I get the chance.

I dislike Age of Ultron btw, found it a slog to get through.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:43 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I think the movie got flak because of the twist, but also because well... not enough Iron Man. I kinda understand that the movie had a 'man behind the suit' theme, to really show exactly what Stark is capable of without the suit, but at the same time.... yeah, we still needed more Iron Man in an Iron Man movie.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:49 PM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I watched everything of the MCU up until Iron Man 3. I felt so deceived by the trailer and didn't feel they were "clever" with their twist that it just kind of killed it for me. I've seen parts of the other movies, some more than others and they all just felt all too similar to me, even the Winter Soldier. The fact that new movies come out every 3 months also didn't help and eventually when I was so behind it just became more of a chore to catch up, especially since I'm a continuity nerd and adding the MCU shows to the "to do list" makes me not want to get into it. I love Marvel heroes though so I'll get to it one of these days, maybe for Avengers 4 which officially "resets" the universe in one way or another.

X-Men? Watched everything up till First Class which I loved. I stopped watching mostly because of being tired with Marvel movies so the MCU is to blame I stopped watching this series. Before Dark Phoenix I'll give it all a re-watch including the ones I haven't seen.

(Sony) Spider-Man? Watched everything so far (Raimi Trilogy, Amazing Duology) and will likely watch Venom. I don't count MCU Spidey as Spidey since it's MCU.

Other Marvel movies? I've watched everything post "superhero" revival with X-Men / Blade. I think the only one that I didn't watch was the DTV of Man thing but yeah everything else. Before the revival I've only watched the 90s Fantastic Four and Punisher movies.

DC Animated Movies? I watched everything until the New 52 take, I'm still curious and will watch them but I hated the designs and the route they were going with the movies so I kinda stopped.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:29 AM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've seen most of the MCU movies....I think they're vastly overrated, tedious, has minimal stakes and is just nothing but one bad joke after another

The DC animated movies are alright, nothing spectacular, the N52 inspired ones I don't pay much attention to, and at this present moment they feel somewhat outdated due to DC abandoning that set-up in favor of Rebirth.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:33 AM   #9
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Seen all of them. Thor 2 is... marmite, I don't mind it, it does a couple of important things plot wise for starters, and explains why the Collector had the stone for starters. Preferred it to Ironman 3, I think that's the weakness of the films to date. My favourite... hmmm... between Winter Soldier, the first Avengers film, and maybe oddly, Dr Strange, but then again, I think my role playing character is a cross between his personality and Hawkeye's combat skills heh... with a computer like Jarvis as backup (although I created said AI personality before the first Ironman film released, so I had no idea what it was like in the comics!).
Old 05-01-2018, 02:37 AM   #10
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I’ve seen all of them because why wouldn’t anyone?

I don’t want to be ignorant & uncultured. uwu
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:35 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I've seen all of MCU movies and shorts except for the Mandarin short. As for DCEU I've not seen Justice League as it's not on Netflix over here yet. And DC Animated Universe, I think I've seen most of them by now
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:48 AM   #12
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I’ve seen most MCU films up until Civil War. Lost interest in the MCU after seeing Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron and Civil War, as I found those films mostly boring to watch and haven’t watched any more since. My favourite ones are Iron Man 1, Thor 1, Avengers Assemble and Winter Soldier.

Never seen the DC original animated movies.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 AM   #13
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

The only Marvel thing I haven't seen is Ironfist, because...I'm all set.
Well that and most of Jessica Jones, but that's because school is winding down.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:52 PM   #14
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Iron Fist was hard to get through, terrible miscast and depiction of Danny. And the start of no-ninja Hand which made them boring, the saving grace was Madam Gao
Old 05-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Iron Fist was hard to get through, terrible miscast and depiction of Danny. And the start of no-ninja Hand which made them boring, the saving grace was Madam Gao
And the appalling lack of Khun-Lun and the dragon.

But I really enjoyed the Meachums. Ward was great.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:41 PM   #16
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I still haven't seen Hulk, Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron, Antman, Spiderman: Homecoming, or Gaurdians of the Galaxy vol 2

I binged watched all (except Hulk) with my boyfriend at the time when the first Avengers came out, but I barely remember large chunks of them.

Trying to remember all of them is a bit of a blur to me, but I think the Thor movies are my favorites for sure. Mostly for Thor himself.

Haven't watched the TV shows, though. Not sure if I particularly want to.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:46 PM   #17
DWC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I still haven't seen Hulk, Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron, Antman, Spiderman: Homecoming, or Gaurdians of the Galaxy vol 2

I binged watched all (except Hulk) with my boyfriend at the time when the first Avengers came out, but I barely remember large chunks of them.

Trying to remember all of them is a bit of a blur to me, but I think the Thor movies are my favorites for sure. Mostly for Thor himself.

Haven't watched the TV shows, though. Not sure if I particularly want to.
Daredevil and Jessica Jones are good (I haven't seen season 2 of JJ yet, just season 1).

I also thoroughly recommend The Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, GotG Vol 2 and SM:Homecoming as you say you haven't seen them. I enjoyed them. I watched about 8 films I hadn't seen in the couple of weeks before IW, and it made everything new and fresh in my mind.

Age of Ultron is pretty rubbish, tbh.

Last edited by DWC; 05-01-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #18
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Wow, pretty eventful 48 hours for the Drome, another duplicate Goku account
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #19
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

And somehow the avatar was left on?

The part that I find weird was that the account was made over a year ago and only now did he appear.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:32 AM   #20
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And the appalling lack of Khun-Lun and the dragon.

But I really enjoyed the Meachums. Ward was great.
Yeah, the Meachums where fun, more then Danny