The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-13-2017, 10:33 AM   #21
Vicky82
Emperor

As I love this show and I would love it to go on forever but things have to end and luckily TMNT will end on a high note and not get cancelled on a cliffhanger.

It's cool that Nick are having a new show but it probably won't be for me as it will be more light toned and for younger kids, but hey I probably end up liking it.

At least I still got the IDW comics.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Nick TMNT doesn't really interest me, although I like some of the character concepts and story ideas (Dogpound, Fishface, Tiger Claw, Miwa being Yoshi's daughter abducted/adopted by Saki). But the bad far outweighed the good.

A "Teen Titans Go" version of the TMNT holds even less appeal for me.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #23
Vegita-San
Emperor

Nick TMNT is all over the place and doesn't pay off on what it sets up.

or is absolutely downright horrible (platinum dunes)
I have a feeling it's not going to get much better than what we have now. and if that's the case, i'd have no problem if it eventually died out. better to live with good memories...
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #24
Storm Eagle
Saved by

We know this fifth season will be the last for this current series. So just bring on the next series afterwards and that's that.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #25
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Nick TMNT is all over the place and doesn't pay off on what it sets up.

or is absolutely downright horrible (platinum dunes)
I have a feeling it's not going to get much better than what we have now. and if that's the case, i'd have no problem if it eventually died out. better to live with good memories...
It depends who's on the production team.

As a Babylon 5 fan I am biased, but I would love to see Joe Straczynski's take on it.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:41 AM   #26
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
It depends who's on the production team.

As a Babylon 5 fan I am biased, but I would love to see Joe Straczynski's take on it.
never saw b5, but I DID see his RGB work. i might agree with this sentiment.
someone with some experience who knows what he's doing.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Or if that's the case you can literally move on from TMNT instead of constantly whining about it and let the rest of us enjoy new material.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:16 AM   #28
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I'd rather option A or take another long break for the series. This new series sounds horrible in my opinion, I hate Teen Titans Go to no end.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:53 AM   #29
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
never saw b5, but I DID see his RGB work. i might agree with this sentiment.
someone with some experience who knows what he's doing.
I feel he could balance the action with relatable drama while having several strong story/character arcs.

Plus seeing his take on Utroms would be pretty awesome.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:41 PM   #30
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
I feel he could balance the action with relatable drama while having several strong story/character arcs.

Plus seeing his take on Utroms would be pretty awesome.
as i recall, he also does a little humor too...

tmnt needs the right mixture of reality and goofiness to work, i think.

this new show is so poorly run that nothing they do past the first season at least really stuck or resonated with people. you can't kill off splinter three times and expect people to care by the 4th when it really happens. ugh.

I would love him to re invent baxter stockman too. this show had the weakest version of stockman ever invented. and the Utroms are a mess as characters.

Krang Prime (now forgotten ) Krang SubPrime (only because they seem to like gilbert) Krang FW apparently being a retcon into this series...ugh.

gives me a headache. i really will be glad when this mess is over.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Not to mention the Utrom Council. I think if they had been introduced much earlier and had more time to discuss Sub-Prime's backstory, then things would be better, but I don't think anything is going to happen with them at all.

But yeah, hopefully they'll remember Utroms are a (highly important) thing, but I don't have high hopes.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

Krang Prime (now forgotten ) Krang SubPrime (only because they seem to like gilbert) Krang FW apparently being a retcon into this series...ugh.

Do you ever make one post in the Nick section that isn't your constant complaining/trolling about the show?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:55 AM   #33
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:

You know Kraang Prime is dead, right. Did you even watch Annihilation: Earth!

Kraang Sub Prime died in Annihilation: Earth! as well but we might see him again because of the Time travel/trans dimensional stuff.

Last edited by Vicky82; 04-17-2017 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:00 AM   #34
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'd personally much rather have the Nick show continue on with season 6 as I think there's still alot of untapped potential but if they want to reboot, Im all good with it.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:16 AM   #35
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

It really depends though on how the Nick handles the remaining 16 episodes of season 5. If they have good closure, I'm all for having the new reboot.

I wouldn't want the Nick show to go on for too long without Splinter, and it seems appropriate for the show to only go on for 15 episodes after some of the main characters (Splinter and Shredder) are no longer there but...

If the remaining 16 episodes don't wrap up all the remaining plot points which felt inconclusive (e.g. Aprils mom, Kraang Prime, Mutagen Man, Tiger Claw) then I would be dissapointed.

Atleast in FW the inconclusive stories weren't that important and still ended in some sort of closure while 4Kids made sure not leave any stone unturned and explain everything. I am happy with the Nick show going in either direction but not when it tries to do both (make alot important plot points like 4Kids and then not finish it like FW). You can't keep your cake and eat it at the same time.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:59 AM   #36
Vegita-San
Emperor

bingo.

if you try to be big and dramatic and adult and explaining...stay that way.

if you try to be all fred wolf with loose ends, stay that way.

it gets FRUSTRATING when you try and do it both, cause if you like the big dramatic way, and it never gets resolved, that's just bad writing.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:41 AM   #37
Vegita-San
Emperor

i was going to start a thread for this, but figured it woudl be better to ask here.

how many people really don't care for this show?

I tried re watching it again a few months back. season one really held my interest. somewhere around season 2 it got less interesting or less fun, or something and i havn't gone back to it since.

even the better episodes i only need to rewatch once or twice, cause they are usually rehashes seen before. like the renet episodes.

and i don't really think it's because i'm getting older either. I can still enjoy the idw comic rather well.
it just seems like it's a rather half assed effort.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:47 AM   #38
Vicky82
Emperor

I re watch it a lot but sometimes I get bored watching season 1. Even when this show has ended I will still keep watching it. I do re watch 2k3 and OT shows as well.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #39
ToTheNines
[sic]

Each episode looks great, has awesome action, great voice acting. Season 2 is where the Kraang started over staying their welcome, season 3 they started really dragging their feet with Karai's arc, and season 4 had too many pump fakes on Splinter's death.

But it still holds a high rewatch value with me. Plus my girlfriend likes it a lot, and doesn't care much for the FW or 4kids shows, so I tend to watch Nick the most anyways.

The only two episodes I habitually skip are Pizzaface and a Meet Mondo Gecko. Those aren't even canon to me. Then I tend to fall asleep for some of the space episodes. Riddle of the Aeons and Revenge of the Triceratons are the only turds. And Wyrm was pointless because everyone got their memories erased at the end.

That's certainly a better batting average than the previous 2 shows.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:54 AM   #40
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Do you ever make one post in the Nick section that isn't your constant complaining/trolling about the show?
He's got a point though. They thought they were more than they were and decided to try to retcon things that barely made sense in the first place, and force them into their canon. The results are just bad and cheap-feeling. Not to mention how the discrepancies make it impossible for things to work the way they want. Hence why I consider this show non-canon.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote