The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #581
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Holy crap, I laughed so hard I cried. That's amazing in a whole new level of garbage.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #582
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

This is probably an unoriginal thought, but, I could see it within the realm of possibility for NYCC to bring us a new FW 4 pack to go with the SDCC set:

Splinter (surprise new sculpt)
April (repaint of Mirage, perhaps with new head sculpt)
2 Foot Soldiers (the 2 in the SDCC set are not enough for an army!)

I would also think it would be cool if they just did a 4-pack of FW foots, or, maybe a single Foot pack with 2 or greater purchase limit. But that's just me.

I can not fathom them having more than 1 new FW sculpt hiding up their sleeve, so I am not imagining it could possibly have anything to do with Bebop & Rocksteady.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #583
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i bet they are gonna do something Henson related like a box set for turtles or maybe the baby turtle set???
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #584
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
This is probably an unoriginal thought, but, I could see it within the realm of possibility for NYCC to bring us a new FW 4 pack to go with the SDCC set:

I would also think it would be cool if they just did a 4-pack of FW foots, or, maybe a single Foot pack with 2 or greater purchase limit. But that's just me.

I can not fathom them having more than 1 new FW sculpt hiding up their sleeve, so I am not imagining it could possibly have anything to do with Bebop & Rocksteady.
Another Foot Soldier pack with some sort of variation or ability to army build seems like a definite possibility. They gotta milk that full potential lol.

Beyond that, I wonder if maybe a Krang Android Body would be something they might be planning or considering. Krang himself is done now, so just sculpt the body and boom, instant new release that would also be HIGHLY desirable by everyone into these.

As much as I'd love to see their take on FW April, Splinter, Bebop and Rocksteady, I'm just not sure we'll get them anytime soon, if at all.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #585
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
I guess this is the best thread to stick this atrocity in!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=322561157490
What the heck?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #586
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
i bet they are gonna do something Henson related like a box set for turtles or maybe the baby turtle set???
I'd be ok with that too, but, I'm hoping the baby turtles might come out more conventional channels since they will technically be the same scale as the 1/4 turtles (right?). Though I could see them not estimating high enough demand for that type of release...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #587
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Krang body with 2 rock soldiers pack.
Then later a 6 pack with 3 foot and 3 rock soldiers.

I'd like that.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #588
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Krang body with 2 rock soldiers pack.
Then later a 6 pack with 3 foot and 3 rock soldiers.

I'd like that.
NECA FW Rock Soldiers would kick immeasurable ass. Especially if we finally got a legit Granitor figure.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #589
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
NYCC exclusives??

Aww.. I was going to write that same joke!
Old 06-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #590
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

This is likely not plausible but I'd love a Tragg, krang body, Baxter, and leather head
Old 06-22-2017, 04:29 PM   #591
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

If NECA would do a FW April, I really hope she gets a completely new body. The SDCC April have not aged well at all.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #592
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
If NECA would do a FW April, I really hope she gets a completely new body. The SDCC April have not aged well at all.
I think that's probably the fault of Eastman and Laird's art (with the exception of her face, which seems way too rigid). As far as the body goes, I think it's very comic accurate from issue #2. The figure doesn't have great articulation, however, as her legs only turn at her hips which limits posing.

I do hope they do a completely new sculpt if they do a Fred Wolf styled version.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:40 PM   #593
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Sure. Sculpt-wise she looks fine, if she was a staction figure. But single jointed knees and elbows, no thigh cut and just a single joint in her hips which have terrible range, her ankles have a cut joint that looks absolutely ridiculous. And her hands are pretty useless, and the hinge joints in her limbs looks pretty ugly too.

She's very similar to the early Predator figures in that regard, not preposed figures with some articulation but for all tense and purposes might as well been one.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:52 PM   #594
AquaParade
Banned

A Henson Box set would be incredible.

Btw, are we expecting this FW box set to end up in bootlegs on ebay?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #595
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
A Henson Box set would be incredible.

Btw, are we expecting this FW box set to end up in bootlegs on ebay?
I think so. Everything else has if I'm not mistaken. Although I wonder if the packaging will prove difficult for counterfeiters to duplicate. Unless the theory about NECA being its own bootlegger is true. I'm curious if the factory that NECA deals with has a person in charge that just keeps rolling production and has the online side gig.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #596
Redemption
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I think so. Everything else has if I'm not mistaken. Although I wonder if the packaging will prove difficult for counterfeiters to duplicate. Unless the theory about NECA being its own bootlegger is true. I'm curious if the factory that NECA deals with has a person in charge that just keeps rolling production and has the online side gig.
I think the packaging will prove to expensive to bootleg much like the clamshell and Box sets of the 2008 figures. So in the end I think we will still know bootleg from original. Just my opinion.
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #597
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Grats to everyone who could snag one Thursday morning.

It was a huge relief for me to be able to pre-order one Tuesday. The more I look at this set the more of a steal it looks to be for $200

If you're able to attend SDCC you should definitely try to get one there before you resort to third party sellers.

Remember, after SDCC there will be a flood of these on ebay and other reseller destinations. Many sellers will be forced to lower their prices to reach competitive levels. You may be able to get one for $250-275 shipped.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #598
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post

If there is enough demand, it might be possible to have an exclusive Foot Soldiers 4 pack with new sculpt pieces like broken arms, and battle damage parts.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:52 PM   #599
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I would say maybe.
It seems like only the SDCC sets from last year had a bunch of factory versions. I am also seeing some NYCC Foot clan sets available as well.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:39 AM   #600
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I'm totally up for a Fred Wolf Foot Soldier Pack and they could easily make it interesting like others said with broken parts or open areas showing wires, etc.
I'd take it a step further though and make it include Alpha One.

VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote