Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #2261
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Though the 90’s film was only a PG rating. So while PG 13 is “No children under the age of 13 without adult” which makes it rather ironic that the much darker 90’s film was just a parental guidance rating which the recent TMNT films were just barely scratching the grounds for PG 13.
Which is pretty sad. We always used to dream about what a PG-13 TMNT might be like... and they go and do... those movies.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:46 PM   #2262
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Unlike Andrew, I have no problem with a Fred Wolf inspired movie, even if its a G rating. However, I do agree with him that the two recent PD films were such a missed opportunity to use that PG-13 rating to its advantage. We could've gotten some deep storytelling, adult themes about conflict, brotherhood, but instead what do we get?:

1. Megan Fox in schoolgirl outfit stripping for Baxter
2. A few swear words here and there by Casey
3. Bebop and Rocksteady drinking
4. Michelangelo being a pervert.
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:49 PM   #2263
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Unlike Andrew, I have no problem with a Fred Wolf inspired movie, even if its a G rating. However, I do agree with him that the two recent PD films were such a missed opportunity to use that PG-13 rating to its advantage. We could've gotten some deep storytelling, adult themes about conflict, brotherhood, but instead what do we get?:

Also...
MY MAN!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 01-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #2264
Sumac
Mad Scientist

I remember, Leo broke someone's neck offscreen in one of the episodes in Season 4 of 2k3.
So, yeah, 2k3 Turtles killed, so I am not really sure what Andrew was laughing about. I mean, maybe they didn't killed enough?

But I am pretty sure turning TMNT into mass murderers is as much childish and silly as having them not-killing anyone. At least, in certain incarnations.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:31 PM   #2265
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Pretty sure Michael Bay was making the type of version he wants to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Ugh! Never again!
Old 01-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #2266
shredder orokusaki
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Michelangelo has always been like that since 1984. He is the least powerfull of all the the turtles,the one that i beat too easy. He has been like that since then. He is s
April was wearing something similar to it a belly shrit almost all the time in 2003 series even when she was working for Baxter. If Karai was ever dare to dressesd like her while she is on a mission i would had destroyed it immediatly. But April in the 2012 series was dressed normal like all normal girls are getting dressed.
Bebop and Rocksteady. What did you expect from those two idiots? They have failed me again and again. They are stupid. Even my most recent rocksteady and bebop the 2012 ones and the idw ones still are stupid . That why they do such things.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #2267
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I remember, Leo broke someone's neck offscreen in one of the episodes in Season 4 of 2k3.
So, yeah, 2k3 Turtles killed, so I am not really sure what Andrew was laughing about. I mean, maybe they didn't killed enough?

But I am pretty sure turning TMNT into mass murderers is as much childish and silly as having them not-killing anyone. At least, in certain incarnations.
Yep.

Mirage fans just seem violent ;o)...

ducks sofa...
Old 01-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #2268
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:

exactly.

NO ONE treats the FW ideas with any kind of respect. and yes, I used that word to describe a kids series that's mainly used to sell toys.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #2269
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Yeah, I'm in very full agreement with that. Especially when, all things considered, they should technically be played by actors in the same age group as the Stranger Things kids. Then at that point, I 100% expect Casey and April to be calling Splinter out on essentially creating child soldiers to fill out his ambitions of the Vengeance Cycle lunacy.

To my DeviantArt
Old 01-16-2018, 10:54 AM   #2270
sdp
<<Virtual Death Raver->>

You can't make Fred Wolf in live action, the PD movies and even the original movies are the closest you can get to FW in live action. That's why I wanted a third movie, it's the only movie universe where random mutants would've made sense.

April in School girl outfit, rare swear words by Casey, B&R drinking and Mikey being a small pervert are just nitpicks, which I didn't mind at all.

People are still expecting something very different from what we're going to get. I can't wait for this forum to turn on Rise of the TMNT after the first reveal and the only 4 people who'll like it along me.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #2271
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

The concept of child soldiers isn't a new one, and I don't think employing it is childish.

I think it's misguided to assume that a children's television network is going to produce a cartoon that focuses on the actions of child soldiers, but then they did greenlight Avatar.

And what is Aang if not a Child Soldier being trained through the course of three seasons to kill somebody.

This conversation reminds me a lot of the differences between the Hunger Games books and The Hunger Games movies.
The books are some of the bloodiest things I've ever read, but if they made the movies accurate to the books the target audience would be too young to go see them.

Not too young to read about the atrocities mind you, just too young to see them act it out on a screen.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:02 AM   #2272
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
April in School girl outfit, rare swear words by Casey, B&R drinking and Mikey being a small pervert are just nitpicks, which I didn't mind at all.
That wasn't the problem with the PD films. The problem was the plotholes and that they lack any originality and rexpect for the source materials.

Respect doesn't mean it has to be the same. But ist has to make sense. It has to have a function and not just done for the fanservice.

I'll surely give a shot for the new series, and will judge only after the first season is done.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #2273
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
And what is Aang if not a Child Soldier being trained through the course of three seasons to kill somebody.
At least he's actually written and treated like a child - as all the lead characters are written like children, even in the ones in the TMNT's age group. The TMNT are consistently portrayed as if they were in their 20's. The frat-boyness varies from version to version.

But we can't forget that Aang ultimately chooses not to kill the man he'd been training to kill, but instead "To the Pain"'ed him. And that's because he was raised by life-valuing pacifists and was a life-valuing pacifist himself. Mirage Splinter was never that for his turtles, who never knew a life outside of "kill this guy" until after that was over.

But that's what we have IDW for - to actually treat them like the kids that they are. I still think it could take a couple steps further.

To my DeviantArt
Old 01-16-2018, 11:08 AM   #2274
sdp
<<Virtual Death Raver->>

I have a lot of issues with the PD movies but there's enough in there that is TMNT for me and I ended up liking them even if not my fav. incarnations.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #2275
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If 'Rise' is ridiculous enough, maybe that's the plan... Make a 3rd film in the middle of it and it will look okay and more adult by comparison.

They'd be in their 20s by then so maybe the stupidly forced "because they're Teens" crap could be dropped. I know, wishful thinking... it's also "because Turtles." *sigh*

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Michelangelo has always been like that since 1984. He is the least powerfull of all the the turtles,the one that i beat too easy. He has been like that since then.
Wait, what? The only thing said of Mikey is that [in PD] he's a pervert. This makes him too easy to beat? How... by throwing distracting adult magazines at him...?
Old 01-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #2276
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabrendeki View Post
That wasn't the problem with the PD films. The problem was the plotholes and that they lack any originality and rexpect for the source materials.

Respect doesn't mean it has to be the same. But ist has to make sense. It has to have a function and not just done for the fanservice.

I'll surely give a shot for the new series, and will judge only after the first season is done.
Such as having the Turtles and Splinter be lab animals in their origin like the IDW. But then saying they all learned Ninjitsu through a book. But then when Shredder and Splinter meet for the first time they act like they’ve known each other for years.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #2277
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Such as having the Turtles and Splinter be lab animals in their origin like the IDW. But then saying they all learned Ninjitsu through a book. But then when Shredder and Splinter meet for the first time they act like they’ve known each other for years.
This always drove me nuts... Made no freaking sense whatsoever...

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
Old 01-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #2278
Sumac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I think it's misguided to assume that a children's television network is going to produce a cartoon that focuses on the actions of child soldiers, but then they did greenlight Avatar.
Because, it's not on the nose.

When people think "child-soldiers" they think of young kids with machine guns, not some mystical boy from iceberg or mutant turtles.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:04 AM   #2279
eskater
Foot Soldier

Child soldiers always reminds me of the whole "I'm old enough to die for my country but not to drink a beer in it" whole debate/debacle
Old 01-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #2280
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I have a lot of issues with the PD movies but there's enough in there that is TMNT for me and I ended up liking them even if not my fav. incarnations.
Shhhhh!!!... That kinda reasonable talkin' will get ya killed around here.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters