The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What is YOUR level of enthusiasm for the upcoming show?
Hyped about it? 8 9.76%
Cautiously optimistic about it? 53 64.63%
Might let your children watch it? 7 8.54%
Let it die a short or quick death in the fires of hell!? 14 17.07%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #41
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I want to get some hint of what we're getting, before condemning or praising. I'm sorry, but getting upset because the turtles might have mystical ninja powers, without knowing the nature of such powers, is just stupid. Ninja are supposed to have magic in Japanese fiction, from Kuji-kiri mystical symbols, to Jutsu techniques. That's their gimmick; to blur the lines between magic and cheap theatrics with their martial arts.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 10-17-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:52 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Their powers will probably be similar to the Ninja tribunal season of the 2k3 series anyway. I can see them having "special moves" and some element based powers. I just hope it's not overused. Basing a whole show around that is worrisome, in 2k3 it was only for about 6 episodes out of the season.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:54 AM   #43
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I picked 'Cautiously optimistic' because that was the best answer that sounded close to 'Meh.'

If it's skewing even younger this time, I think I'm not going to be as interested. Why give higher viewing ratings to something that will essentially tell them there's a bigger audience for hyper-kiddified Turtles? 'Oh look, there's a huge view base for these types of TMNT cartoons! Maybe that's where we should keep them.'
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:36 AM   #44
JH24
Hench Mutant

I want to be cautiously optimistic but I don't have a good feeling about it.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #45
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Wait until you see my first battle with the turtles where i will defeat them again like i did in 2003 and 2012 show instead of complaining . Do you think that a show with me as the main villian a crime boss and murderer wil be kid friendly?! No! That will never happen!!!
Old 10-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #46
Powder
So tired of this place

Defeat yourself.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #47
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Wait until you see my first battle with the turtles where i will defeat them again like i did in 2003 and 2012 show instead of complaining . Do you think that a show with me as the main villian a crime boss and murderer wil be kid friendly?! No! That will never happen!!!
Uh, actually, no you didn't defeat them in the 2003 and 2012 show. They defeated you. You're losing your marbles old man shredder.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:04 PM   #48
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Why give higher viewing ratings to something that will essentially tell them there's a bigger audience for hyper-kiddified Turtles? 'Oh look, there's a huge view base for these types of TMNT cartoons! Maybe that's where we should keep them.'
Yeah, I've worried about that. Wanted them to go in the exact opposite direction. *sigh* God I hope it isn't 10 or 15+ years before it goes back in that direction...

Although if they want to make it more kiddie, then I find it kind of surprising that they never really bothered to do more with Half Shell Heroes. I mean, hello... that was cute, felt younger, but still at least semi-watchable by adult fans. (Would it be annoying as a weekly series though, I'm not sure.) If Half Shell didn't grab enough attention (granted with their only very limited effort), why assume some other younger version will be different? They dropped the ball on Half Shell, which is a shame.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #49
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, I've worried about that. Wanted them to go in the exact opposite direction. *sigh* God I hope it isn't 10 or 15+ years before it goes back in that direction...

Although if they want to make it more kiddie, then I find it kind of surprising that they never really bothered to do more with Half Shell Heroes. I mean, hello... that was cute, felt younger, but still at least semi-watchable by adult fans. If Half Shell didn't grab enough attention (granted with their only very limited effort), why assume some other younger version will be different? They dropped the ball on Half Shell, which is a shame.
You would think going with something life Half Shell would be a no brainer but apparently not. They probably want something new, gimmicky, and a lot more simple and ugly looking and of course they need to sell new toys. These TMNT shows are just big toy commercials after all.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #50
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

As opposed to being "cautiously optimistic" I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm "cautiously pessimistic". I actually really loved the 2012 series and echo a few of the others in agreement that the way Nick handled the airing of Season 5 has left me feeling a little bitter towards the network. I think 2012 had a lot of life left in it and I know it's been said that Ciro didn't really envision much past Season 5, I still think if Nick had any brains what so ever in their scheduling that we could have easily gotten a few more seasons before shelving the series for a new, more "kid friendly" reincarnation.

I tend to find most kids are plastered to Facebook and devices now then watching TV and the cartoons that thrive are the ones that appeal to an older audience while still catering to children - i.e. - Adventure Time, Rick and Morty, Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, etc. Even the new Ducktales has a lot of promise, but if they go in the Teen Titans Go / TMNT Team Up direction I'm afraid I'll find it to be completely unwatchable.

I will reserve judgment until I see it for myself though... Still want my TMNT 2012 back tho... I'm not gonna get it... *pout*

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #51
newfan
Mad Scientist

Kids do still watch TV but other than that I relate to drag0nfeathers post

I think Ciro would have carried on as he already pitched a movie to Nick, just Nick is done with it.

As for the new show, those who have been fans since the original toon have been here 3 times now, were you guys cautiously optimistic or concerned .. or excited the last two times also?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #52
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
As opposed to being "cautiously optimistic" I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm "cautiously pessimistic". I actually really loved the 2012 series and echo a few of the others in agreement that the way Nick handled the airing of Season 5 has left me feeling a little bitter towards the network. I think 2012 had a lot of life left in it and I know it's been said that Ciro didn't really envision much past Season 5, I still think if Nick had any brains what so ever in their scheduling that we could have easily gotten a few more seasons before shelving the series for a new, more "kid friendly" reincarnation.

I tend to find most kids are plastered to Facebook and devices now then watching TV and the cartoons that thrive are the ones that appeal to an older audience while still catering to children - i.e. - Adventure Time, Rick and Morty, Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, etc. Even the new Ducktales has a lot of promise, but if they go in the Teen Titans Go / TMNT Team Up direction I'm afraid I'll find it to be completely unwatchable.

I will reserve judgment until I see it for myself though... Still want my TMNT 2012 back tho... I'm not gonna get it... *pout*
Speaking for myself I would drop any of those as fast as I would a Teen Titans GO wannabe.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:55 AM   #53
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Let me flat out, seriously ask; who here is ready to hate on the show automatically, just because of the 'mysticism' thing?

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:40 AM   #54
newfan
Mad Scientist

I thought it was more the younger feel that made people apprehensive rather than mystical powers. From looking at the posts I get the feeling a lot of people would just rather they were subtle. I'm not decided I will dislike it before I've seen it, I just don't expect to like it as much as the current show.

Last edited by newfan; 10-18-2017 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #55
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

I wouldn't even say I was "cautiously optimistic" about the Nick show. I was definitely in the "hyped" category since the beginning. Same with the 2K3 series(even though I think I found out about that one only a matter of days before it started). For the Nick show, the biggest "issue" I had with it was the change in weapons for Donatello and Michelangelo and I got used to that pretty quickly.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think age also has a lot to do with it. Most of us were still teenagers or young kids when the 2k3 series came out, (hell, I was only 16 when the 2k3 series was announced!), and the Nick show started 5 years ago in 2012 and again we were all of course 5 years younger than we are now.

Nowadays most of the TMNT fanbase is in their late 20's or early 30's, so we're all older and get less hyped over kids cartoons. I imagine though the younger fans whose first show was the Nick cartoon might be more interested.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:10 PM   #57
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think age also has a lot to do with it. Most of us were still teenagers or young kids when the 2k3 series came out, (hell, I was only 16 when the 2k3 series was announced!), and the Nick show started 5 years ago in 2012 and again we were all of course 5 years younger than we are now.

Nowadays most of the TMNT fanbase is in their late 20's or early 30's, so we're all older and get less hyped over kids cartoons. I imagine though the younger fans whose first show was the Nick cartoon might be more interested.
I don't think being 5 years younger makes much difference when you are in your late 20's/early 30's

As for the Nick toon, some of the kid fans are still kids, so they get two childhood incarnations.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #58
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
To be this stubbornly closed minded without having even seen the designs is pretty wack, yo.
I HAVE SEEN the designs. They're the reasons why I won't watch it. The show just doesn't appeal to me.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:49 PM   #59
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I HAVE SEEN the designs. They're the reasons why I won't watch it. The show just doesn't appeal to me.
How have you seen designs that aren't released?
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #60
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
You have!!!!!! Are you psychic????

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote