The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #4701
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Ugh, don't get me started on medicare/caid. I've done consulting for a lot of non-for-profits and the billing is a nightmare. I've had disabled individuals randomly kicked off their medications, even with Pysch approval and pre-auth, for weeks because of their nonsense. And I'm talking serious anti-psychotics and mood stabilizers.
Literally...a...nightmare.

That sucks, Powder. I have used similar bidding sites in the past. The fine print is intense. You can rack up all sorts of fees for all sorts of stupid reasons. Heritage tacks on a $15 charge on every item won and they have a bid cost too. It adds up. But at least they're an English site.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #4702
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The whole system is trouble. Have Medicaid myself and have for a while. In 2013 I saw there was the option to do my renewal online - I thought, great! I'll try doing it that way then.

And you know what happened? Not a damn thing. I got that submitted just fine, but on their end it was like nothing ever happened. And for a while I never knew. Not until they sent a letter saying they had not gotten anything and were closing it on me. As life would have it of course, that was also the first time I'd ever need a trip to the ER while I had been still waiting for this stupid crap to get straightened out because someone entirely dropped the ball on their end. (Fortunately at letter for at least the most basic part of the coverage came in the mail on the last day I could possibly deal with the issue and could not wait any longer to go have it taken care of. Painful enough it was at the point that it was either we go THAT day, now, or shoot me.)

Today's grind (though it has been for a little while)... this god forsaken wireless mouse.

Have had this new one for only some weeks and the stupid wheel is erratic. I put up with my old one for way too long and it drove me nuts for the longest time. And now the new one has to act stupid?? Is it too much to ask that a mouse just WORK RIGHT instead of continuing to driving me out of my skull?!

Installed the drivers/software that is required to use the tilt-wheel capability. I really don't care about that, but hoping that somehow that will help the wheel in general. Need to restart computer though, so keeping fingers crossed it helps when I do.

8/19 - When a program is like "Omg error! You didn't want to keep what you just did right? Because I'm totally closing over of this, and I can't deal with it so screw all your work." Luckily I hadn't done much since previous save, but I liked what I did.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-19-2015 at 05:20 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:07 AM   #4703
Powder
So tired of this place

$16 extra. Blech. They only use EMS shipping, so you're forced into paying the most expensive option. Laaaame. Oh well, at least for all the annoyance, I won't have to wait 5 weeks to see the stuff in addition to that. I should have 'em within one, I figure.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #4704
Leo656
The Franchise

So the show I was booked for on the 29th got cancelled, because more than half the talent mysteriously called off a week before. The only way that happens, is because their "regular" promoter(s) pulled their "If you work for anyone else, you'll never work for my company again" bullsh*t. Hey, remember how wrestlers are supposedly "independent contractors" so the bosses don't have to pay you health insurance, and even if you break your neck or even die in the ring they owe you and your family nothing because you're not an employee? Yeah, that's bullsh*t. There's two "big" independent feds in NJ right now, both run by people with Mafia connections, who are going around running everybody else out of business. Total bullsh*t. I was in line for a run with the Cruiserweight and Tag Team belts with this place, and now the guy running it is quitting the business because he can't compete with the scumbags.

Jan. 1 I'm putting up the first auction to sell off my gear. F*ck wrestling.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #4705
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Happy thing posted in other thread now voided.

That Mturk site I've mentioned a few times before (various paid tasks and whatnot)... been waiting for a certain Requester (person/people who posts the work) to relist some stuff I've liked doing and has helped pay the bills the past couple of months. Been waiting and hoping for it to turn up again, and was likely to at some point but was not sure how soon.

So today I finally found them relisted. But they changed the qualification requirement of number of approved tasks in a Worker's stats to be over 5000... I'm at 2780. My approval rate however is 100% with 0 rejected work, so far so good a perfect score after doing work on that site since the end of 2013. But now I can't do these anymore that, while imo could pay a tad more per task, was still beneficial come bill time and will make the next payment harder. I am sad at this.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:40 PM   #4706
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

One Direction's Fanbase

they all need special help
Old 08-23-2015, 11:04 PM   #4707
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
One Direction's Fanbase

I agree, but most are teenage girls, so their tastes don't really count for anything

You know what's even worse? Kids who think they're better for listening to older music, so just go to any AC-DC video on youtube and look in the comments and you'll see sh*t like

"IM ONLY TEN AND I LISTEN TO THIS WOW SO MUCH BETTER THAN TODAYS MUSIC"

Wrong generation special snowflakes are worse than one direction fans
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:09 PM   #4708
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm sure every fandom probably looks like it does to some degree in the eyes of an outsider who doesn't get why something is awesome.

But yeah, One Direction and similar... look what it is and who it's for, it's inherently going to skew the "This Fanbase Just Ain't Right" bell curve.

Someday they will look back and feel the mild embarrassment many others who have come before them now feel over their prior fan days for prior boy bands. lol And that lot may feel it even more.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:41 AM   #4709
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
One Direction's Fanbase

Should be fun if the rumour about them splitting next March is actually true...
Old 08-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #4710
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Speaking of ridiculous fans who should be ashamed of themselves.

Man-children fans who make jokes about "killing the competition" and are found to have firearms and 200 rounds of ammo in the trunk of the car they brought to a Pokemon convention.

Bonus points for them not having proper paperwork to have those guns in the Commonwealth of Mass, and for the car and Convention center being a few blocks from the site of the Boston Marathon Bombing.

Well done, jackholes. Well done.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:59 AM   #4711
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Been to my eye doctor, and it’s a new guy at the office who was doing my check-up. The check-up seemed fine, but he was insistent that I should go over to 14 day lenses instead of daily lenses, apparently it’ll help me focus better, since I apparently developed a bad angle on my Cornea, or something.

Went back today as the test lenses arrived, and he puts them in my eyes for me, and we did the usual test, which had went no better then last time. Apparently the strength was wrong on the left lens. Alright, but they feel super uncomfortable and I can feel them laying on my eyes and don’t properly move when I look around, they even slide down a bit, so I can see the freaking edge of the lenses. My eyes are watery, I blink excessively and my eyes generally feels strained by just looking at things. It feels like a mix between a folded lens and dry itchiness…

I’ve been wearing then for about 8 hours and no change. My mom suggested I had put them on backwards, but I didn’t do it, the eye doctor set them in for me. But, I checked just in case. I have never experienced a “normal” lens hurt this bad taking it out (closest would be a daily lens I had used for over 3 weeks cause it was almost stuck on my eye), and putting back in, now my eye is red as well and extra watery, yay.

Not a fan, not at all. But, I’ll try to keep them on so In can sleep with them even-tough its been very tempting to just take them out, but I don’t want to waste a pair of daily lenses either.

The worst news is that my eyes have gotten worse, although the eye doctor wasn’t all that interested to inform me on how much, as he was way more keen on the new lenses. But what I could gather was that my left eye have gotten slightly worse, and the Cornea was at an angle (which must have happened recently, I can’t recall anything about that on previous check-ups). It was either tilting at 10% angle, or I would see 10% better with the new lenses, I don’t really know, cause he was terrible at explaining it.

Which means after 2 years of my eyes being stable, they have started to decrease in eye strength again. which means I am not eligible for an laser surgery (not that could afford it anyway at the moment) and that depresses me. I guess all that remains it so see which eye wins the race “Who can reach the legally Blind mark” first. The right eye is leading, but apparently the left one did a nice jump...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #4712
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

My ****ing life in general. Sometimes I just want to shoot myself.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:04 PM   #4713
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Should be fun if the rumour about them splitting next March is actually true...
I'll... get to work on the bomb shelter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Speaking of ridiculous fans who should be ashamed of themselves.

Man-children fans who make jokes about "killing the competition" and are found to have firearms and 200 rounds of ammo in the trunk of the car they brought to a Pokemon convention.

Bonus points for them not having proper paperwork to have those guns in the Commonwealth of Mass, and for the car and Convention center being a few blocks from the site of the Boston Marathon Bombing.

Well done, jackholes. Well done.
Wtf, yikes. I swear humanity has reached its peak and brains are starting to rot.
Spoiler:
Did the police "catch 'em all"? Sorry, terrible joke.

Anyway... grind... when the hands just sometimes don't understand the concept of typing and some spelling comes out all screwed up. Tried to type the word "triple," it came out "thirpple"...hands trying to be fancy with it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Which means after 2 years of my eyes being stable, they have started to decrease in eye strength again. which means I am not eligible for an laser surgery (not that could afford it anyway at the moment) and that depresses me. I guess all that remains it so see which eye wins the race “Who can reach the legally Blind mark” first. The right eye is leading, but apparently the left one did a nice jump...
I can sympathize. Though mine seem to have slowed over the years they haven't stopped changing and also have been told that I wasn't a candidate for laser correction because of it (); and likewise have imagined/feared being legally blind someday. If it happened I doubt it would be until I'm old, but I fear the idea of the faces of the people and characters and other things I love becoming only cloudy picture in memory.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-24-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:11 PM   #4714
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Money. Never enough of the stuff. BLECH!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:16 PM   #4715
Leo656
The Franchise

Laptop just started dying. Power source took a sh*t and it's definitely not the wire, so now I gotta scrape up for another laptop. F*CK. This sucks.

I won't be around very much for a while most likely.

Old 08-29-2015, 04:41 PM   #4716
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Bummer, man. Hope you can get it replaced soon. I know how much it sucks when you have to replace something important or expensive. In a similar grind, I will have to replace the battery in my phone soon. Apparently, it's no longer holding a charge at all, and it dies within hours, even with absolutely no use. I have to carry my charge cord everywhere, and plug in every chance I get, just to keep it from dying and not being able to check on my mate.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:48 PM   #4717
Leo656
The Franchise

It's like, it was fine, then all of a sudden the little icon that shows it's plugged in changed. Usually if I jiggle the wire it's okay, but that didn't work. I tried plugging it into a different outlet, nothing. Tried using the power cord from my wife's laptop, nothing. Then when I went to plug the original wire back in it sparked. When that happened on the last laptop, they said the motherboard was shot and there was nothing to be done except replace the computer.

We're already looking for a replacement, but this sucks, we had other sh*t planned for September. Probably be able to get another one inside a couple weeks but this is just f*cking ridiculous. It wasn't even a year ago that the LAST one died.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:05 PM   #4718
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Wow, that really sucks. A word of advice, though you probably don't need it- make sure to save all your files to a back-up thumb drive or something before it dies! (I know you have a lot of "art" files you'd rather not lose, LOL!)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #4719
Leo656
The Franchise

Already copied to the USB. This still sucks though. Once we get another one it will be the FOURTH laptop we've owned in the last 3 years. What the ever-loving f*ck.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #4720
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Stuff like this, we have consumer rights protection here in the UK due to the actual timescales in question. Basically, stuff should last at least 5 years if treated reasonably. So we'd be able to argue about getting a replacement for free. No such similar thing in the US?