The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-31-2019, 06:03 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Let's compare Raphael's Girlfriends of all the series.

Ah Raphael, the "Hit first, ask questions later" part of the team, he's rough, impulsive and pretty much a lone wolf.

But that doesn't mean he's immune to the typical teenage Boy's hormones and the attraction to the other gender. And in the franchise there have been a couple of girls who found out that Raph has a soft, caring side too.

First up, from the Archie comics: Umeko or to use the name everybody knows her by: Ninjara

Ninjara showing Michelangelo that it pays NOT to make fun of her name or to imply that her name is "Cute"
Ninjara was the anthropomorphic Fox assistant of the dog man Chien Khan in Japan but switched sides and fought alongside the Turtles to defeat him. She traveled with the Turtles to New York city where she and Raph began an intimate relationship and becoming the team's fifth member in the process. But when she returned to Japan on request of her brother, the relationship soured and she and Raph broke up with a final kiss.

Apparently Raph had good fate on his side because the next one also came from the Archie comics. Mezcaal

Mezcaal is a Coyote woman who is a tough cookie, working as a bartender and follows Raph's mantra of "Hit first, ask questions later." to a T, she appears in the five part "Dreamland" which shows us a future version of Raph happily married to her. We don't see that much of her afterwards but it's pretty safe to say that Raphael met his match.

And having hinted the title, Number three is the one you guys will probably go for as soon as somebody says "Raphael's girlfriend"

Well, what would a list like this one be without Mona Lisa? Mona Lisa is the only one where Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird had a say in when she was created. As in the fact that while they liked the idea of Raph getting a Girlfriend, they vetoed the idea of her being a Girl turtle, thus Mona Lisa became a lizard. She's also the only one who was human before being mutated. The funny thing is that Mona Lisa got such a big following despite the fact that she only appeared in one episode.

Mona Lisa in a Japanese official TMNT magazine.

Now if what I put down on Ninjara and Mezcaal would suggest that the comic book Raphael has a thing for Fox and Wolf girls, our next entry confirms it. Alopex of the IDW series.

Different from Mona Lisa, Alopex didn't start off a human who was mutated, she started off an Arctic Fox who was experimented upon by Foot Clan scientists. Having nowhere to go after her mutation Alopex came along with Shredder to New York where she was Karai's right hand woman. It was there where she met Raphael and later the other turtles and although they started off as enemies, they developed a healthy respect for the other. But after finding out that Shredder had killed her entire family she rebelled and hitched a ride along with the Turtles to Northampton where she and Raph found out that they actually really liked each other a lot. When she fled New York to rid herself of the influence of the evil sorceress Kitsune and went to Alaska, Raphael used the Foot Clan's resources to travel after her and admitting to Nobody who traveled with him that he loves Alopex and why.
A very sweet dialogue of Raph
Of all of them, this could probably be the most long lasting.

Our final entry is the only one who turns the roles around: Y'Gythba, aka Mona Lisa of the 2012 series.

When this Mona Lisa appeared for the first time during the fourth season of the 2012 series fans were rejoicing, Mona Lisa was back and from all appearances, this one would be around far longer than the original eighties Mona Lisa. Lieutenant Y'Gythba of the Salamandrian army, like all the others, is one tough cookie who had no issues with using her fists to make a point come across. Her relationship with Raph has been rocky, she even betrayed him to get a perk from Lord Dregg. But the most striking fact about her is that she turns the roles around, she is pretty much the man in their relationship and Raph is all too happy to fall into the woman role here.

So let's discuss them.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 01-31-2019 at 08:05 AM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:38 AM   #2
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Raphael had the most love interests than his brothers dang. Leonardo had lotus blossom,rapture,and Karai. Miley had trib,renet,kala,and Serilius. Donatello is the only one with no love interest in the franchise.

Last edited by Toxin45; 01-31-2019 at 07:43 AM.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:54 AM   #3
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Raphael had the most love interests than his brothers dang. Leonardo had lotus blossom,rapture,and Karai. Miley had trib,renet,kala,and Serilius. Donatello is the only one with no love interest in the franchise.
Are you sure?

Old 01-31-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Oh right forgot about that....
Old 01-31-2019, 10:05 AM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Raphael and Ninjara was the best.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Always been funny to me that they all seem to have a type they go for. And for Raph, that's definitely fox/canine-like and lizard ladies. lol Interesting mix, but to each their own.

Don't forget Donnie was also a little smitten with that blue(?) skinned alien woman in other versions... Can't think of the name off the top of my head, think it started with, I want to say a... J? Jhanna! Which is funny as he seems to go for the humanoid alien sort then. And note, 2012 April is herself part alien! lol

(And of course Leo with his attraction to tough human ladies; and Mikey with his aliens, plus Renet who while human is still a bit otherworldly in her own right.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-31-2019 at 10:40 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:38 AM   #7
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Always been funny to me that they all seem to have a type they go for. And for Raph, that's definitely fox/canine-like and lizard ladies. lol Interesting mix, but to each their own.

Don't forget Donnie was also a little smitten with that blue(?) skinned alien woman in other versions... Can't think of the name off the top of my head, think it started with, I want to say a... J? Which is funny as he seems to go for the humanoid alien sort then. And note, 2012 April is herself part alien! lol
Also Leo seems to have a thing with human women with black hair and Mickey also fell in love with three aliens and one human go figure
Old 01-31-2019, 10:45 AM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yup, that part too. Sorry, updated my post before seeing yours, no attempt to swipe those points from ya.

It's funny that the two that are calmer and a little more reserved in personality lean toward humans or human-like aliens. While the other two that are bit more out there and a little more extroverted seem to learn more toward aliens and fellow mutants that are less humanoid. (With the exception of Renet, though she's not your typical human either and a bit "alien" in a sense.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-31-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:54 AM   #9
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yup, that part too. Sorry, updated my post before seeing yours, no attempt to swipe those points from ya.

It's funny that the two that are calmer and a little more reserved in personality lean toward humans or human-like aliens. While the other two that are bit more out there and a little more extroverted seem to learn more toward aliens and fellow mutants that are less humanoid. (With the exception of Renet, though she's not your typical human either and a bit "alien" in a sense.)
well yeah Leonardo being into human women is kinda like revere bestiality but since he is a mutant humanoid i guess it's okay.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I figure if I wait long enough, JakeSully will reveal himself in this thread.

Anybody want to lay bets on this one?
Old 01-31-2019, 11:00 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
well yeah Leonardo being into human women is kinda like revere bestiality but since he is a mutant humanoid i guess it's okay.
Not really as both parties are sentient consenting beings.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:09 AM   #12
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Not really as both parties are sentient consenting beings.
Fair enough still funny that Leo prefers tough human women brutnettes while Mikey prefers human like aliens.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:24 AM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sidestepping the normal human perception that humans are somehow different and special, were it not for the fact that all parties are sentient and consenting individuals, all 'dem Turtles are very guilty of that "bestiality"/inter-species interests... lol Can't really blame them though, you take what you can get if your own sort are so rare in the world. But at least in their world there are many other people, even if not of the Turtle variety.

edit: In reality, if they were attracted to regular turtles THAT would oddly enough be an actual case of bestiality and animal abuse on their part. Since they, as sentient beings, are people and regular little turtles are not and can not consent. That would be far more morally wrong of them than one of them clicking with a human that accepted him for who he is.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-31-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:05 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

I read the Archie comic a lot as a kid, so Ninjara's always my pick.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:11 PM   #15
Overlord

Can the original Mona Lisa be considered a mutant (by TMNT-standard)? She was transformed following an accident when Filch's reactor exploded.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:15 PM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I read the Archie comic a lot as a kid, so Ninjara's always my pick.
Whereas I'd go with Pimiko, who if Raph has to hang around with a lady and have sexual tension, the literal (and original) daughter of Oroku Saki would be my pick.

But to go with the available options, Mona Lisa because that was an episode I always rented from Blockbuster, because I was never able to find the VHS for sale and I owned a ton of them.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:47 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Can the original Mona Lisa be considered a mutant (by TMNT-standard)? She was transformed following an accident when Filch's reactor exploded.
I was always under the impression that she was. Maybe through slightly different means, but not really any less of one than Splinter and the Turtles.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:53 PM   #18
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Whereas I'd go with Pimiko, who if Raph has to hang around with a lady and have sexual tension, the literal (and original) daughter of Oroku Saki would be my pick.
I really didn't like the Image book, so there ya go.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:39 PM   #19
pferreira
Foot Elite

The Fred Wolf version of Mona Lisa was great. Maybe it was the design that added to it but Rob Paulsen and Pat Musick had great chemistry.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #20
Overlord

Quote:
Donatello is the only one with no love interest in the franchise.
He also seemed to like Irma in the Fred Wolf cartoon.