The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-04-2017, 04:07 AM   #41
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Why were the second Fast Forward cancelled? Low viewing rates?
Probably that or negative reception to the new direction.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:31 AM   #42
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
They should have ended it after Tribunal.

If they did however continue, they should have kept the same design team, same animation,
They couldn't financially swing it. Thats why the animation style was changed. The FF design and BTTS was cheaper to produce than seasons 1-5
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:08 AM   #43
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Karai's arch after Ch'rell's banishment should have been written better as a whole. It starts with a bang, but then is swept under the rug.
Maybe bring her discourse with Leonardo to a whole new level and a whole new ground of discussion between them.

Why not a whole season of Karai as the Shredder, struggling to come to terms with her grief, and looking for answers, as well as Leonardo working to understand her perspective in her relationship with her father. And possibly Mortu having to intervene with a great "Both of you shut the f*** up and get in the memory chamber!" and show both of them Ch'rell's true history (centering on why he felt persecuted 'his entire life') for both of them to know, and Karai's history for Leonardo to better empathize with her plight.

Skip out on the Demon Shredder and the dragons entirely too. Or maybe just the dragons. They could have gone somewhere with Karai's story arch - maybe by having her destroy it...and then not walking into the sunset with Chaplin.
Very good points. They totally bungled Karai from seasons 5, onwards.

I like how they wanted to make her relevant to the plot in season 5, so they pulled some "she's spiritually connected to the Demon Shredder because of her armor" out of their asses. Cringe inducing.

Then she was there for the wedding, but didn't have a single exchange with Cyber Shredder, even though it was her father's consciousness.

I guess I enjoyed her in Forever, even though her motivations weren't 100 percent clear.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:03 AM   #44
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I don't even know why she was even at April and Casey's wedding. She barely knows them, save for a little bit of talk with April. And boy, it was REALLY weird that the Utroms were at the wedding. They don't even know April and Casey in the slightest! Unless I missed an episode.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #45
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I don't even know why she was even at April and Casey's wedding. She barely knows them, save for a little bit of talk with April. And boy, it was REALLY weird that the Utroms were at the wedding. They don't even know April and Casey in the slightest! Unless I missed an episode.
The producers probably wanted as many main-characters and even other as possible during the wedding.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:01 AM   #46
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

My biggest question is - why was the Ninja Tribunal there?? Don't they have better things to do?
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Probably not, they only cared about the Demon Shredder and nothing else. They let Ch'rell masquerade as Shredder for hundreds of years when they could have all easily stopped him but didn't, and they also didn't lend a hand during the Triceraton invasion of Earth in Season 3.

Obviously they don't give a damn about anything else, so I guess not.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #48
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
My biggest question is - why was the Ninja Tribunal there?? Don't they have better things to do?
Same reason bishop and the rat king cared. It was the last episode, might as well cram in as many cameos as you could.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bishop watching was somewhat reasonable, he had helped the Turtles save the world in Season 5. And since he knew so many supernatural people or aliens were showing up at the wedding, he was probably watching just in case any trouble happened.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:47 PM   #50
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Right? What a way to waste your immorality.

They should have stayed dead along with the human acolytes. Everyone coming back made it feel like there weren't any stakes.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #51
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Probably not, they only cared about the Demon Shredder and nothing else. They let Ch'rell masquerade as Shredder for hundreds of years when they could have all easily stopped him but didn't
But they couldn't interfere. They explained that they had to let events run their course. Hamato Yoshi had to get murdered by the utrom Shredder, leading to Splinter and the turtles getting mutated so that they could eventually lead the fight against the demon Shredder allowing them to conjure Yoshi's spirit to defeat the Shredder for good.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #52
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
A better questions is why none of April's family showed up for her wedding? We know she at least has a living uncle and sister.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:06 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
A better questions is why none of April's family showed up for her wedding? We know she at least has a living uncle and sister.
Heh, I forgot they weren't there, that's weird.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:21 PM   #54
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
But they couldn't interfere.
But why not?
Old 02-05-2017, 06:47 PM   #55
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
But why not?
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...5&postcount=51

Like I said, the Ninja Tribunal explained that they had to let events run their course. The chain of events would eventually lead to the turtles conjuring Yoshi's spirit to defeat the Shredder.

Last edited by ABrown; 02-05-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #56
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Probably because all the other wedding guests were mutated freaks and aliens. She probably just told her family that she eloped. Uncle Augie could have been invited, though.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #57
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...5&postcount=51

Like I said, the Ninja Tribunal explained that they had to let events run their course. The chain of events would eventually lead to the turtles conjuring Yoshi's spirit to defeat the Shredder.
Uh, yeah. But how did they know that? Obviously it was for plot convenience, but it would have worked better if they were also awoken by the destruction of the Heart of Tengu.

I mean, would they have just let the Triceratons subjugate the entire planet if the turtles failed?
Old 02-06-2017, 07:41 AM   #58
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
They couldn't financially swing it. Thats why the animation style was changed. The FF design and BTTS was cheaper to produce than seasons 1-5
I thought they changed the designs to pair it with the 2k7 movie.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #59
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

4Kids should have concentrated instead on using Karai and the Foot Clan, Bishop and the Earth Protection Force, Baxter Stockman, Hun and the Purple Dragons, and the Rat King. Preexisting villains with tons of potential.[/B]

The ongoing fight against Bishop could've gone for literally seasons; there's enough potential there. Same for Karai.

Oh, and Mirage Volume 4 had plenty of potential for adaptation as well, with the Utroms arriving on Earth, the Venezuelan Utroms and the dinosaurs, Baxter's ongoing revenge on April, Splinter's death, Battle Nexus doubles, Mikey and the Regenta, the Triceraton/Styracodon war...

And Tales Volume 2 had plenty to adapt, too; the Foot Mystics and their attacks, the Utrom militants, Hamato Hana, more Marlin hunting Leatherhead, Leo being blinded, Loops, the Mistress (Tang Shen's older sister)...

PLENTY of GOOD material, villains and stories, all ripe for adaptation. And we've seen that 4Kids can produce good new villains and ideas (they'd already done Hun, Bishop, and the Foot Mystics).
Old 02-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #60
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Uh, yeah. But how did they know that? Obviously it was for plot convenience, but it would have worked better if they were also awoken by the destruction of the Heart of Tengu.
They were supposed to have godlike powers, I have no problem assuming that they were capable of seeing the future.

Quote:
I mean, would they have just let the Triceratons subjugate the entire planet if the turtles failed?
Ha, you know if it meant abandoning their watch over the demon Shredder for even one minute, I'll bet that they would have.

Last edited by ABrown; 02-06-2017 at 11:33 AM.