The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2023, 08:49 AM   #41
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
How so? I just measured my Holiday Gomez and he is about 6.5 inches to the top of his head. Do you think it's too big?
They're taller than than the One:12 Spider-Man and Superman bodies at that height!
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 09:08 AM   #42
Roseangelo
Emperor

They look very nice, but how many different statue sets in a style that doesn't match anything in the comic books or anything else do we need?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:13 AM   #43
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Still, a cool set, and decently priced for everything you get I guess. I think they would have made a killing with this if it had released a couple years ago. In 2023... probably not as much.
Still a lot happening in the TMNT franchise in 2023. Especially with the release of Mutant Mayhem I think it is actually good timing from Mezco.

By far my favorite design of the turtles. Love these. Work well for live action, CGI, comics, video game and tv series. A perfect TMNT design. Minor gripes are Raph being the shortest (I like them to all be roughly around the same height with Mikey being slightly shorter than the other 3). Also, Donnie’s bandana color is too dark.
Icegaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:29 PM   #44
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
They look very nice, but how many different statue sets in a style that doesn't match anything in the comic books or anything else do we need?
They're not statues. They're highly poseable action figures.

Unfortunately as with many MEZCO things, you can't get a real good look at these until they're in-hand which could be literally YEARS from now. Their Batman 89 was solicited like 2 years ago.

Mezco pretty much always does their own stylistic takes on things, so no surprise that these don't quite look like any other interpretation of the turtles.

I think they look pretty good, but again digital renders and stylized shots versus in-hand product can be two different things.

Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 12:55 PM   #45
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Yeah, I still am on a waitlist for Batman 89... hopefully we'll get it this year

It's true, these could get delayed into 2024 or beyond... I hope not, but we'll see.

A downside to Mezco is they are always super slow at getting licensed figures out into hands, but their in-house brand figures, like Rumble Society, ship very soon after they are announced. They also tend to be leaning more into their in-house brand and less on licensed stuff in recent years, probably because it's more profitable for them and allows them a lot more creative freedom.

But the way I look at it, while that is a bummer for someone like me who prefers the licensed characters (I collect stuff I emotionally resonate with and have a connection to, not just something that just looks cool) it also makes their licensed stuff all the more special, since there's less of it.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:22 AM   #46
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Heads up, pre-orders for these turtles will close on the 26th!

I've been saying this all along, but if you got the cash to set aside to pay for them later this year, you will be happy you did. There are gonna be a lot of people wishing they didn't miss out when they see aftermarket prices in 2024 and beyond.

Spoiler:
Old 01-20-2023, 07:54 AM   #47
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Does anyone know if anyone selling this lets you pay the full amount upfront? I know BBTS doesn't do that, but I was hoping some other vendor might.

Last edited by Y2Josh; 01-20-2023 at 09:07 AM.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 08:39 AM   #48
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post

I've been saying this all along, but if you got the cash to set aside to pay for them later this year, you will be happy you did. There are gonna be a lot of people wishing they didn't miss out when they see aftermarket prices in 2024 and beyond.

accept you wont get it until 10 years later
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:27 AM   #49
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post

Is that just from Mezco? I wonder how the other retailers will handle it. Sell out at the original price or bump it up after the cutoff date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
Does anyone know if anyone selling this lets you pay the full amount upfront? I know BBTS doesn't do that, but I was hoping some other vendor might.
I think you can via the chosen prime. They have an interesting system that allows you to make payments on your pre-orders in chunks.
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 12:06 PM   #50
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
If there were I guess my honest question is why on Earth would you want to do that? That's actually one of the issues I keep trying to broadcast or make people aware of in the NECA and Loot Crate threads......

Just as convo, take the following points and do your own math and see where this leads:

1 You give a company $400 dollars upfront for the future delivery of some toys.
2. You don't have the $400 available to you anymore. It's gone, not earning you interest in a high-yield account, brokerage, or in any other endeavor. It's not available for "life-need xyz", or conversely it's on your credit card potentially costing you interest
3. The company has your FULL $400 for your pre-order. Now sitting in a large pool with hundreds of other customers $400 earning THEM interest or otherwise reinvested like an asset.
4. Mezco is NOTORIOUS for not shipping their pre-orders for YEARS. Y-E-A-R-S. And we are talking more than simply the Batman '89 debacle.

I mean the whole thing is so ridiculous that it could only be considered "okay" here in this alternate Earth Clown World that many of us somehow transferred onto several years ago now.

I'm only making these points for the conversation though. I honestly would love to hear why anyone would want to pay 100% upfront for any pre-order, let alone four hundred bucks.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:55 PM   #51
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
If there were I guess my honest question is why on Earth would you want to do that? That's actually one of the issues I keep trying to broadcast or make people aware of in the NECA and Loot Crate threads......

Just as convo, take the following points and do your own math and see where this leads:

1 You give a company $400 dollars upfront for the future delivery of some toys.
2. You don't have the $400 available to you anymore. It's gone, not earning you interest in a high-yield account, brokerage, or in any other endeavor. It's not available for "life-need xyz", or conversely it's on your credit card potentially costing you interest
3. The company has your FULL $400 for your pre-order. Now sitting in a large pool with hundreds of other customers $400 earning THEM interest or otherwise reinvested like an asset.
4. Mezco is NOTORIOUS for not shipping their pre-orders for YEARS. Y-E-A-R-S. And we are talking more than simply the Batman '89 debacle.

I mean the whole thing is so ridiculous that it could only be considered "okay" here in this alternate Earth Clown World that many of us somehow transferred onto several years ago now.

I'm only making these points for the conversation though. I honestly would love to hear why anyone would want to pay 100% upfront for any pre-order, let alone four hundred bucks.
For me, it's a personal preference. Not to say you don't make valid points, but I'd rather just have it paid and forget about it than to wait for an anomalous "pay the rest" date. This is especially true with companies like Super7 and Mezco, where you have absolutely no idea when they're going to deliver.

Could I be doing something better with that money while I wait? Probably. But I find paying up front to be much less hassle for myself.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 03:25 PM   #52
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
For me, it's a personal preference. Not to say you don't make valid points, but I'd rather just have it paid and forget about it than to wait for an anomalous "pay the rest" date. This is especially true with companies like Super7 and Mezco, where you have absolutely no idea when they're going to deliver.

Could I be doing something better with that money while I wait? Probably. But I find paying up front to be much less hassle for myself.
Hopefully you'll be still alive to see it when it gets released.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:28 PM   #53
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
That's basically the answer I was hoping you'd give - and I understand that completely. Basically - buy the thing you like and wipe the slate of it from your mind. Now it's 100% on the company for it to show up....
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 05:51 AM   #54
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Finally put in a pre-order for these. Thankfully I have a local retailer that are able to bring them in!
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 10:37 AM   #55
Coro
Mad Scientist

I pre-ordered these from BBTS. I like them and want all my pre-orders in one spot.

My ONLY complaint with this set is that there wont be a "red team" which I think its a missed opportunity here. Instead its rainbow team only. Not bad, but seems like a pretty huge oversight. Greens dont match to rotate the Raph heads, and according to the paperwork there is only 3 heads per turtle anyway.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:05 PM   #56
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Old 07-21-2023, 09:37 PM   #57
Dask
Mad Scientist

I canceled my preorder on BBTS.

I wonder if I will regret it, but with all these SDCC reveals from NECA and Super7 (Turtles, ThunderCats, Silverhawks) and saving up for Cats Lair....I dunno

and, Robosen Grimlock is soooo tempting but I'm outpriced at this point.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:07 PM   #58
j3h
Hench Mutant

The mezco turtles are very cool, but are they essential? Will they be missed if skipped? It will probably depend on if they make an incredible Shredder and/or other characters in an undeniably cool fashion to expand the grouping.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 11:27 AM   #59
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Mezco One:12 Casey Jones has been previewed

So, now that we know they are doing more characters than only the turtles... how deep will they go? Well, hopefully Shredder is coming next.

Old 07-23-2023, 11:59 AM   #60
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This is the line I had been waiting for and I'm all in. NECA, Super7 and even axn, third parties have done an amazing job but these just a nice mix and not related to one universe.

Glad to see Casey, he looks amazing. I'd probably get everyone they release. I'm guessing a Shredder is inevitable if they make another figure. Who knows, if they'd do Splinter or an April.

Last edited by sdp; 07-23-2023 at 03:24 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote