The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #161
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
She was actually called a lizard in her action figure box but I think the webbed hands indicated amphibian to me. The episode itself never says. So it's a bit of willful choice on my part. It's actually not that huge a deal unless that gives her the ability to breath under water.

And yes, Mona's transformation was weird. She was mutated by a sub's nuclear backwash with no animal in sight. Very odd. I suppose that might reflect that she was a turtle in early drafts, maybe.
Perhaps she touched a lizard or salamander previously, in the TMNT series, If a human touches an animal, the mutagen would turn them into the last animal they were in contact with. I guess because, When you touch something, You get some of its DNA imprinted on you or something.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #162
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
She was actually called a lizard in her action figure box but I think the webbed hands indicated amphibian to me. The episode itself never says. So it's a bit of willful choice on my part. It's actually not that huge a deal unless that gives her the ability to breath under water.

And yes, Mona's transformation was weird. She was mutated by a sub's nuclear backwash with no animal in sight. Very odd. I suppose that might reflect that she was a turtle in early drafts, maybe.
That's REALLY terrible writing. Salamander/lizard because nuke-sub? Sure, why not...
Old 04-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #163
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That's REALLY terrible writing. Salamander/lizard because nuke-sub? Sure, why not...
I watched the episode again recently, guess that's why it's on my mind. "Sure why not" could describe a lot of stuff in the old cartoon. But it's part of the charm.

Anyways, I think I've successfully driven this thread off topic.

Any more thoughts on Sally Pride? A lioness generally equals hunter, so I was assuming she had some military application in mind when she was made. I like that she's eager for a fight.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:00 PM   #164
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I watched the episode again recently, guess that's why it's on my mind. "Sure why not" could describe a lot of stuff in the old cartoon. But it's part of the charm.

Any more thoughts on Sally Pride? A lioness generally equals hunter, so I was assuming she had some military application in mind when she was made. I like that she's eager for a fight.
I like that we finally have a mutant lioness, For years we had mutant female reptiles and foxes, And now we finally have a female feline.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:28 PM   #165
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

I like that she's named after Sally Ride. I think you're right about her being designed with a hunter/tracker skill set in mind

I wonder if we'll learn about any of the Null Group's previous mutant experiments, the mutants they had to kill because they didn't work out. I'm also eager to see what Seymour Gutz can do once he's gained some confidence.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #166
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I like that we finally have a mutant lioness, For years we had mutant female reptiles and foxes, And now we finally have a female feline.
I'll confess when I saw her I thought, "cat, that's a bit generic." And with Hob it seemed redundant. But clarifying she is a lioness and checking the "felines" category on the wiki, yeah there are surprisingly few feline mutants in TMNT canon. Almost odd in fact.

I've been trying to figure out the roles for each Mutanimal in the team, and I'm assuming Salky could fill the role of Wolverine of the group (bezerker, able to search and hunt down someone).
Old 04-01-2015, 07:20 PM   #167
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I'll confess when I saw her I thought, "cat, that's a bit generic." And with Hob it seemed redundant. But clarifying she is a lioness and checking the "felines" category on the wiki, yeah there are surprisingly few feline mutants in TMNT canon. Almost odd in fact.

I've been trying to figure out the roles for each Mutanimal in the team, and I'm assuming Salky could fill the role of Wolverine of the group (bezerker, able to search and hunt down someone).
True, a lioness does the majority of the hunt.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #168
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I like that she's named after Sally Ride. I think you're right about her being designed with a hunter/tracker skill set in mind

I wonder if we'll learn about any of the Null Group's previous mutant experiments, the mutants they had to kill because they didn't work out. I'm also eager to see what Seymour Gutz can do once he's gained some confidence.
Seeing how they were hybrids, I think we can assume that a lot of them were similar to Seymour... fused and spliced beyond recognition. I think Seymour is probably the only one who survived or could (somewhat) cope with his condition, whereas the others could've gone insane and had to be "put down."

What I'm wondering is if Ray and Sally are hybrids or simply, for lack of a better word, homogenous. If they are simply manta ray and lioness, it could be Null created them hoping to better understand simpler mutations so as to improve the process of hybrid mutations.

Tags
idw, mutanimals, null