The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #61
Super Moderator

So I got my replacement cords in the mail today, and DAMN! The plug is HUGE ON THIS THING! It even has a cord tester on it! There's a little button you press that tests the cord and if it's red, it says to stop using it and get a new one. That's nuts.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:10 PM   #62
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

Safety first, my friend
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #63
Peanut
Second Gear

You got yours already? Damn it. I have to wait 2-3 weeks!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #64
Super Moderator

Might be because you live in Canada. I don't know. All I know is the thing is huge, and in a way it's kind of cool. It feels...powerful.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:53 PM   #65
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Takahashi
All I know is the thing is huge, and in a way it's kind of cool. It feels...powerful.
Of course it feels powerful, it's a power cord, duh
Old 02-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #66
Peanut
Second Gear

Ok...so I got that demo disc today. SC and Conker are not Live enabled like I said before btw. I've only played Conker so far, and...it's the best looking console game I've ever seen. It's too beautiful...I mean...wow. Not very often am I stunned by graphics, but I literally said "Wow!" out loud during the opening cut scene to the demo.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:40 PM   #67
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I would like to hear the newly recorded rendetion of the poo monstor song when that thing comes out. Funniest song ever.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:08 PM   #68
JameO
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
Ok...so I got that demo disc today. SC and Conker are not Live enabled like I said before btw. I've only played Conker so far, and...it's the best looking console game I've ever seen. It's too beautiful...I mean...wow. Not very often am I stunned by graphics, but I literally said "Wow!" out loud during the opening cut scene to the demo.
Yeah that was money well spent. Conker kicks major ass and I will be getting that as well. We had loads of fun on the N64 and this one will definately be a blast too. Chaos Theory is looking pretty good as well and Unreal Championship 2 is pretty sweet, probably because I haven't play the other one(s) so the concept is pretty cool. Worms 3D is good but it ain't amazing, but it's still pretty fun since I enjoyed the computer games so much.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:44 PM   #69
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I'd love to play Conker...
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:43 AM   #70
Peanut
Second Gear

That's understandable. I'm still blown away by how pretty the game is. It's amazing, and my TV has pretty poor resolution, I couldn't imagine it on an HDTV. This game is a huge score for Microsoft.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:25 PM   #71
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

I went downtown the other day to pick up that copy of OXM you guys are talking about, turns out my town is set back about a month, I couldn't find it anywhere... so I just picked up the feburary issue instead... I loved the demo for Republic Commandos, but I found out I absoulety suck at MechWarriors... I was getting owned online... and I downloaded some Halo 2 music onto my X-box from it too... Can't wait to play Conker though... I loved that game on the N64... Multiplayer is gonna be sweet... anybody know how the multiplayer is gonna work? like is it gonna just be deathmatchs and capture the flag in 3rd person mode?? with like a bunch of different colored Conkers?
Oh yeah and on a seperate note... I heard about a new Matrix game for the X-box called "The Path of Neo" or something like that... not much details about it, but hopefully its better than Enter the Matrix...
Old 02-24-2005, 01:15 PM   #72
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo J. Gecko
Multiplayer is gonna be sweet... anybody know how the multiplayer is gonna work? like is it gonna just be deathmatchs and capture the flag in 3rd person mode?? with like a bunch of different colored Conkers?
You do know, that minus the online and blood, the multiplayer in Star Fox Assault is practically identical yet people trash it (furries running around multiteared levels with guns, except Fox has got big ass ships). Just wanted to make that clear.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:52 PM   #73
Peanut
Second Gear

Actually TMB, I'm sorry to say Conker's multiplayer will put anything SFA did to shame. Plus with bigger teams and online support...well yeah. It's supposed to be the big selling point of the new game. The multiplayer in Conker is huge. Lots of vehicles, including ships that can drop you out of the sky so you can parachute into enemy territory. Not all that much info yet, but from the looks of it it's going to be hectic. Of the couple videos I've watched I've seen stuff like players droping from the sky in groups and letting rockets fly at enemy positions, tank battles, sniper duels across entire maps. It'll be huge.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:33 PM   #74
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I don't get the whole team thing. I'm more of a run and gun guy. Everytime I try a team based game I just get slaughtered in two seconds flat. I just want to run around, jump on things and blow sh*t up.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:34 PM   #75
Super Moderator

Who said you had to stick together? I say you just run around and kill stuff by yourself. That's normally what I do in Counter-Strike and whatnot, unless I'm scrimming with my friends or whatever.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:34 AM   #76
Peanut
Second Gear

Just because you're on a team doesn't mean you need to stick together. You can run and gun all you want, every team has a Rambo, and I'm sure 16 player free-for-alls are going to be involved in it. I personally like teams better, you have someone to watch your back.

Edit: Looks like Mistwalker is going to be creating two RPG's for Xbox2/Next Box.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/590/590650p1.html

I'm not excited about it, nor do I really care, but I figure some of the RPG lovers might.

Last edited by Peanut; 02-25-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:03 AM   #77
Barkworm
Super Moderator

This actually could be a reason for me to buy the new X-Box.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:27 AM   #78
Peanut
Second Gear

I guess that's what Microsoft was aiming for with this deal, bringing in the whole "I love Japan" crowd.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #79
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

I thought here would be the perfect place to showcase my tribute to one of the greatest moments in gaming history ever...

...when an Elite in Halo 2 sounds so pleased to discover you...

(original image courtesy of IGN...obviously)
Old 02-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #80
Peanut
Second Gear

I got my replacement power cord in the mail today, Ai was right. The thing is quite large. Adapters are so difficult to fit onto an overloaded power bar.

Tags
microsoft, xbox