The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 11-21-2015, 07:51 PM   #181
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
I have a plan for the game but some things keep changing around so it's hard to tell you with certainty what will be in the final version. But I appreciate your suggestions.
Fair enough. Though I do have a lot of thoughts and suggestions about the new demo. I guess it wouldn't hurt if I list em?

Having the title screen say "Press Start Dudes!" is cute. But if you're playing with a keyboard it makes no sense as there's no start key. I think this might confuse some people.

The intro is nice but there should be a way to skip it easier.

I think you should put the cheats back in, even if they are buggy. I can't pass the demo and I have beaten some pretty hard games. I think some people might want to use em.

I think you could add continues to make it easier. You could also have you gain an extra life every 100 kills or so.

Don says his Cloneulator will make a double of anyone they come across, so why does it only make a copy of bosses?

On April's Apartment I think it would be funny if the guy who runs past you is Vernon.

I don't know if you could do this, but it might be cool if when you used the special attack with the Mother Mouser it shoot out good Mousers to help you.

When April sees you she says "Whoa am I glad to see you guys!" now I think you should change this line as it doesn't make any sense if you're playing single player or as a villain.

I wanna hear Rocksteady say "Drink blazing electric death!".

I like the Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang on the construction level, but why not make smash a mini-boss?

I think those rolling barrels should drop health or something so there is a reason to destroy them and not just jump over them. In fact think health power-ups might be a good idea in all of the levels.

Tokka's special doesn't seem very useful. I think it might be better if you made his special his jump forward attack or you could have him bite peoples heads like he does in the NES game.

On Muckman I think he should say "Muckman fights with garbage!".

On the Van level there's a bug where the Foot Soldiers walk on top of the van but it looks like they are walking on air,

On the rooftop level after you beat Mecaturtle, there's a few big empty platforms. It feels like there should be enemies there.

Mecaturtle doesn't seem that useful. Perhaps make him like Rocksteady and Muckman have has gun be his normal attack and maybe his missile could be his special?

On the bonus stage are the Foot Soldiers supposed to attack you?

Last edited by Xav; 06-29-2019 at 02:23 AM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:56 PM   #182
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Having the title screen say "Press Start Dudes!" is cute. But if you're playing with a keyboard it makes no sense as there's no start key. I think this might confuse some people.
If someone gets confused by that, they don't deserve to be playing a video game.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:08 AM   #183
Crynal
Random Punk

I love that tied up April sprite with her voice from the cartoon!
Crynal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:01 AM   #184
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crynal View Post
I love that tied up April sprite with her voice from the cartoon!
Maybe it's the way you said it, but that seems a little creepy.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:38 AM   #185
Crynal
Random Punk

Just the way I typed it. Just meant I loved it since it was just like the second TMNT game where April is guarded, either by bebop and rocksteady or baxter the fly and she wiggles trying to break free. Although in that, she didn't have a voice when you fight the boss(s).

Would be fun too see all the allies in different forms of imprisonment while you fight the boss, like with April. With just a hint of emotion, like splinter worried, fugitoid confused, casey angry... etc.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #186
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
On the bonus stage are the Foot Soldiers supposed to attack you?
No, you can't get hit or die on the Sewer Tubin' level. It's just there to help you score additional lives.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:35 AM   #187
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Wow, how did I go so long without checking this out?! Just from playing the latest demo, I can tell that this is an absolute labor of love and as someone who's biggest constant TMNT fix growing up was the SNES games, noticing each small extra detail that you worked in just makes me smile even harder. From the variety of different playable characters to the voice clips (Love that even Fugitoid's 2k3 skin has the appropriate voice!) to the attention to detail paid to both game and cartoon elements, this is definitely one of the nicest fan games I've ever played and I am SOOOOOO looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Also, Nelson, if you're still lurking around, I gotta ask about some of my favorite characters. Are you planning on adding any Archie-exclusive characters like Armaggon later on? Also, with Wingnut (If you're thinking of adding him), are you planning for him to be a heroic captured character (Like he is in said comics and the Playmates bio) or a boss? (Since he was an evil space invader in the cartoon.) Cheers!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:33 AM   #188
Crynal
Random Punk

Watching and playing this again it seems weird April is held captive in her own apartment, rather then the channel 6 building. Weird but fine. Any plans for the more obscure mad scientist villains (like that one crazy guy who changed April into a fish) and toy only characters like pizza face?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #189
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Wow, how did I go so long without checking this out?! Just from playing the latest demo, I can tell that this is an absolute labor of love and as someone who's biggest constant TMNT fix growing up was the SNES games, noticing each small extra detail that you worked in just makes me smile even harder. From the variety of different playable characters to the voice clips (Love that even Fugitoid's 2k3 skin has the appropriate voice!) to the attention to detail paid to both game and cartoon elements, this is definitely one of the nicest fan games I've ever played and I am SOOOOOO looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Also, Nelson, if you're still lurking around, I gotta ask about some of my favorite characters. Are you planning on adding any Archie-exclusive characters like Armaggon later on? Also, with Wingnut (If you're thinking of adding him), are you planning for him to be a heroic captured character (Like he is in said comics and the Playmates bio) or a boss? (Since he was an evil space invader in the cartoon.) Cheers!
Thank you very much for your nice comments, Chaotix. Also sorry for the super late response.
When it comes to characters I have two lists, one of characters that are for sure going to be in the game, and a B list for characters to be made only if I still have the drive/time after the game has been completed, and if they can fit in a level the game without making it too crowded. Armaggon is in list A, Wingnut is in B.
If I do include him, he will probably be a boss. Even in his Archie incarnation, he fought the Turtles before siding with them (in one of the very very few comics I had back then). The question is... show he look like he did in the cartoon and his action figure OR like he did in the Archie comics? I prefer is Archie look, but I welcome other opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crynal View Post
Watching and playing this again it seems weird April is held captive in her own apartment, rather then the channel 6 building. Weird but fine. Any plans for the more obscure mad scientist villains (like that one crazy guy who changed April into a fish) and toy only characters like pizza face?
I see what you mean about April. She's is in her apartment only because that's where she was in the TMNT2 game. Let's say it was her day off.
No plans so far for scientists, but there will be toy only characters. I mean Scratch is toy only in a way...
Old 07-06-2016, 11:27 AM   #190
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

No plans so far for scientists, but there will be toy only characters. I mean Scratch is toy only in a way...
Woo-hoo!

Ever play TMNT 3: Radical Rescue on Game Boy? It was fun to see all those action figures in sprite form for the first and only time!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:00 AM   #191
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Ever play TMNT 3: Radical Rescue on Game Boy? It was fun to see all those action figures in sprite form for the first and only time!
Absolutely! That's where I am taking the Scratch sprites from
Old 07-09-2016, 07:26 AM   #192
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Absolutely! That's where I am taking the Scratch sprites from
I figured as much! Your whole concept of unlocking characters after rescuing them is a similar gameplay concept as the old game, though you offer a non-linear approach that doesn't require you to use a certain character to progress a level.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #193
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thank you very much for your nice comments, Chaotix. Also sorry for the super late response.
When it comes to characters I have two lists, one of characters that are for sure going to be in the game, and a B list for characters to be made only if I still have the drive/time after the game has been completed, and if they can fit in a level the game without making it too crowded. Armaggon is in list A, Wingnut is in B.
If I do include him, he will probably be a boss. Even in his Archie incarnation, he fought the Turtles before siding with them (in one of the very very few comics I had back then). The question is... show he look like he did in the cartoon and his action figure OR like he did in the Archie comics? I prefer is Archie look, but I welcome other opinions.
No problem! Good work should be appreciated! Glad to hear about Armaggon and yeah, Archie design is definitely the way to go for Wingnut. (Especially if Screwloose appears as his special attack or something. Cartoon/Toy wife-beater Screwloose always looked really off to me.)
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:45 PM   #194
Nelson
Stone Warrior

New demo available:

http://gamejolt.com/games/teenage-mu...-palooza/39658

Old 12-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #195
Powder
So tired of this place

Don't forget to hit me up (seems like this is getting into crunch time?) for the tracks. I've got some other WIP's that I could finish up when it's ready.

Skipping out on this demo 'cause I wanna get the full experience of a complete game, but I've followed all of your updates & it's lookin' so fantastic.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #196
CyberCubed
Overlord

Really fun of what I played so far. I think the Turtle Van level is a bit too difficult though, especially when 6 Foot Soldiers are there at the same time along with the ship blasting you from the side.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:16 PM   #197
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Don't forget to hit me up (seems like this is getting into crunch time?) for the tracks. I've got some other WIP's that I could finish up when it's ready.

Skipping out on this demo 'cause I wanna get the full experience of a complete game, but I've followed all of your updates & it's lookin' so fantastic.
Thank you very much, Powder. Also if I were you I'd probably do the same and wait for the final version of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Really fun of what I played so far. I think the Turtle Van level is a bit too difficult though, especially when 6 Foot Soldiers are there at the same time along with the ship blasting you from the side.
Thank you very much Cyber. I am working to change things so if you fall off the van you lose energy instead of a full life. I just couldn't figure out how to do that for this demo (I tried for like a full day and gave up, I'll try again some other time).
Old 12-30-2016, 01:18 AM   #198
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Thank you very much Cyber. I am working to change things so if you fall off the van you lose energy instead of a full life. I just couldn't figure out how to do that for this demo (I tried for like a full day and gave up, I'll try again some other time).
Yeah, the rooftop level too had you lose your entire credit instead of just losing some lives too, and it got really frustrating at some point. It would be great if you didn't lose an entire credit just for falling to your death.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:29 PM   #199
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

TMNT Rescue Palooza

https://www.merso-x.com/teenage-muta..._QZnsl96G262vM

Tomorrow the full version of this game hits. Can't wait. The demos have rocked.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:25 PM   #200
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Available now. I wish it was something I could run in RetroPi so I could use my arcade control panel.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan game, remix