Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-27-2018, 02:59 PM   #141
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
and a more miss than hit 2012 series...
Really? I thought the 2012 series was mostly great. It did have a few missed but even the 87 and 03 series had their misses. I'm not really sure what to make of the rise series yet. It's definitely my least animated series so far but it is still a little bit fun.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:26 AM   #142
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
In IDW EVERY FAN OF THIS FRANCHISE should trust. It’s the definitive version.
Is it really? I mean from the little I've read of IDW, it's well done in some areas but I personally feel it has it's own problems. I respect it for what it is so far, though.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:42 PM   #143
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW's only real problems are the pacing issues, as it can take months and even YEARS for plotlines to be touched upon. However if you're marathoning the book and reading the collections, obviously that's not a problem. It just takes a long time for stuff to happen, especially since they always introduce characters or plotlines early and don't get back to them for months or even years later.

Besides that some of the artists take on the Turtles could be hit or miss, but I like at least 80% of the art in the IDW books.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #144
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

I don't think I will watch this. Poor Leo was demoted to be the cool brother. That should be appointed to Mikey or Mikey will be the silly one again?. At least, the drawings seems better than the infamous Thundercats Roar's ones. A ridiculous pantomime of the beloved 1985 original series.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:43 PM   #145
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
I don't think I will watch this. Poor Leo was demoted to be the cool brother. That should be appointed to Mikey or Mikey will be the silly one again?. At least, the drawings seems better than the infamous Thundercats Roar's ones. A ridiculous pantomime of the beloved 1985 original series.
Yeah, it just stinks because I don't find this version of Leo funny. I feel that he's too try-hard and his brothers (even Mikey) never get a good laugh from him. The guy even dabs, for God's sake! If he can let falling on Raph's champion count as becoming the new champion go to his head, imagine how he'd act like if he were to win the Battle Nexus.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #146
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
The guy even dabs, for God's sake!
Oh god, is that what that was? I saw that move, thought Oh please no, just stop, but never connected that "dabs" word to it.

This show is going to age so badly.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #147
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Yeah, it just stinks because I don't find this version of Leo funny. I feel that he's too try-hard and his brothers (even Mikey) never get a good laugh from him. The guy even dabs, for God's sake! If he can let falling on Raph's champion count as becoming the new champion go to his head, imagine how he'd act like if he were to win the Battle Nexus.

That reminds me .....

Has Leo gotten punched yet?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #148
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, Meat Sweats slugged him in the head in "Donnie's Gifts," and stopped him mid "one liner," so yes.

I assume he may have gotten it in the wrestling one as well? Don't recall but would be surprised if not. (Did get a wedgie though. My poor boy, what have they done to you.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #149
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It gets worse ...

Spoiler:
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #150
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

Whats's wrong with it, it's a possessed turkey in a haunted supermarket. Did you watch the promo.

You do know that's from tomorrow's episode right called The Gumbus, April, Mikey and Leo investigate a haunted supermarket.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #151
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Cancelation can happen after the end of season 2 if it is still only mutants and not me , my henchmen, utroms , triceratons, stockman e.t.c like it was most episodes of 3 previous series.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:46 AM   #152
saber16
Foot Soldier

If Teen Titans Go has made it past 5 seasons, then I can see this easily making it that far.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:13 PM   #153
miru
Mad Scientist

Rise’s tie in comic is selling very poorly.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #154
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Rise’s tie in comic is selling very poorly.
Yeah but so did the last cartoon tie-in book. And it doesn't really have much impact on the show itself. As I understand it, comics don't count as merch the same way toys or video games do, more like promotion.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #155
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yeah but so did the last cartoon tie-in book. And it doesn't really have much impact on the show itself. As I understand it, comics don't count as merch the same way toys or video games do, more like promotion.
True, but the comics are a great gauge of whether or not a hardcore fanbase is latching on. Something like TMNT has a very dedicated fandom and so when a comic property for it doesn't sell well, then that's a pretty good indicator that even the fans who have to "have everything" don't even care....

The new show and, as someone said here earlier, the new Thundercats are absolute travesties for the properties. Hopefully when the don't do so hot, the producers won't follow in Marvel's footsteps by blaming the fans for "trying something new", which in fact is a cliche.

And aside from the poor character beats, modern flash-style animation is absolutely an awful trend. I say "flash-style" animation because I don't know what else to call it - that animation style we see on the new show, on Teen Titans, and other cartoon that as a kid I would'v thought was meant for4 year olds only.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:36 PM   #156
CyberCubed
Overlord

Rise of the TMNT definitely has better animation than "flash animation" the show actually looks very good in motion and the action scenes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:09 PM   #157
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Yeah, even though it’s animated digitally, it’s still hand drawn which is better than most shows nowadays.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #158
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
True, but the comics are a great gauge of whether or not a hardcore fanbase is latching on. Something like TMNT has a very dedicated fandom and so when a comic property for it doesn't sell well, then that's a pretty good indicator that even the fans who have to "have everything" don't even care....

The new show and, as someone said here earlier, the new Thundercats are absolute travesties for the properties. Hopefully when the don't do so hot, the producers won't follow in Marvel's footsteps by blaming the fans for "trying something new", which in fact is a cliche.

And aside from the poor character beats, modern flash-style animation is absolutely an awful trend. I say "flash-style" animation because I don't know what else to call it - that animation style we see on the new show, on Teen Titans, and other cartoon that as a kid I would'v thought was meant for4 year olds only.
This is also inexcusable because it has been a few years since PPG 2016, Ben 10 2016, and Sonic Boom all flopped. I know they're desperately trying to do it right with this show, but they scared the audience away already with their artwork and the fact it was lighter (and hence followed a trend). Overall this show is advertised as closer to Ultimate Spider-Man (which was still an unpopular show) than TTG and its clones, but Ultimate Spider-Man died off a few years back and the immediately subsequent show isn't any better. This is a tainted concept. Come back in about 5 years on MTV with a direct IDW adaptation and then we'll talk.