The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-14-2018, 02:17 AM   #41
newfan
Mad Scientist

Weller just attended a comic on on London, signing robo merch, maybe he would want to do this.

Apparantly they may go with their original idea to the 2nd movie which was where robo was blown up and switched back on years later. Not sure if it will be 25 years but if they did this story would work for returning characters getting an appearance.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Apparantly they may go with their original idea to the 2nd movie which was where robo was blown up and switched back on years later. Not sure if it will be 25 years but if they did this story would work for returning characters getting an appearance.
Maybe, but I'm not sure what returning characters would be worth seeing. Including a 70 year-old Lewis just to include Lewis doesn't seem like it would add much. I guess his wife, particularly his now-adult son? One of the strongest things about "Prime Directives" to me was the father-adult son reunion.

Mostly I just want to see RoboCop as a symbol of yore, waking up in a weak, over legislatured future and him just being this relic that's looked down on... yet gets results better than even the modern day RoboCops, or whatever they have.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #43
newfan
Mad Scientist

I get the feeling it may be something like that. So far as Lewis, as we said before, her role would likely be different and smaller. I'd appreciate an inclusion if they could fit her in and it worked, I mean people this age do act still.
I suppose I have to prepare myself for poor robo biting it in this one maybe.
Still, hoping this goes ahead.

Last edited by newfan; 08-14-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:37 AM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I suppose I have to prepare myself for poor robo biting it in this one maybe.
Better that than if we start hearing hubbub about, "The first in a planned trilogy..."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #45
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Better that than if we start hearing hubbub about, "The first in a planned trilogy..."
Well he hasn't died yet but if they may do it here, more so if they use Weller? You know to kind of finish it. I don't want to hear planned trilogy either, if the movie did justify a 2nd then all the more Robocop but they really should plan one at a time, As should some others where they have had failures