The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #21
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The episodes from the Nick show which I thought was the worst were the episodes with the Pulverizer. I found him incredibly unlikable and unfunny,
But that was the point. He was purposely made to be annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jignat View Post
Donatello's badd time.

My favorite character gets taken out by hillbillies..

Dreadful.
The main thing I liked about this episode was Donatello himself. I learned more about his character...he definitely has pride issues.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
But that was the point. He was purposely made to be annoying. The main thing I liked about this episode was Donatello himself. I learned more about his character...he definitely has pride issues.
But why would the producer let the turtles interact with a character if knowing the fans wouldn't like him?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:19 PM   #23
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Some of the episodes listed here I like, such as the Bigfoot episode.
Quote:
The only ones that match that level of trash is the old-school monsters arch of season 5.
And to prove that point, I think the monster episodes are pretty baller.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:49 PM   #24
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ogg. He was an annoying Pee-Wee expy with godlike powers and the plot reeked. The Meastro and Raph Knocks Em Dead eps were horrible too. Always find myself rolling my eyes when I watch them. The Garbageman eps of 4Kids too. And the Bigfoot and Punk Frog eps from Nick.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:41 AM   #25
pferreira
Foot Elite

There may be another one but off the top of my head for the OT series at least Mutagen Monster was pretty bad. It was just so boring and one note. I tuned in every week to see a TMNT episode and this episode was such a disappointment. I'm still trying to decide whether Cowabunga Shredhead is the worst episode they did as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Donatello's Badd Time is up there. I hate hillbillies.
I never hated that episode as some people do. I liked the idea of Don making all these high tech alterations to the Turtles Van and then it being used against them by the escaping gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I want to say the Howie episodes from season 4 of the OT as well, but besides Howie himself, I think those episodes had plenty of great moments.
Never had a problem with Howie. I think he was supposed to be annoying although the voice actor could sing pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't know what this ep was, it was like some Koreans put together the animation on their lunchbreak in the 80's.
I think that was Akom.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:14 AM   #26
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I've never said this before but I actually really like the Badd episode

I just find the episode idea of Donatello having his pride shattered by hillibillies to be funny and I like how he tries to hide it from his brothers.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #27
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I'm gonna have to peruse through some old Fred Wolfe eps, the first season was gold, but there was a lot of junk strewn about.
And that Uncle Augie episode in 2k3 was pretty bad.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #28
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
And that Uncle Augie episode in 2k3 was pretty bad.
The one where he's tricked by obviously evil reptilians, or the one before that when the Turtles and April just dick aournd a jungle looking for him?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
and Punk Frog eps from Nick.
The Punk Frog ep in Nick was hilarious, and one of the better eps of the Northampton arc. Why do people dislike that ep? I'm not even a fan of Napoleon Dynamite and I found it hilarious.

I also liked how the Punk Frogs now have an army and were all different from each other than being bland clones like the original cartoon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:04 AM   #30
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
But why would the producer let the turtles interact with a character if knowing the fans wouldn't like him?
I'm a fan and he didn't bother me much. I think I would've been more bothered if he wasn't made out to be purposely annoying and still came across that way.

That aside, his character showed that you can't quick fix anything that takes time and effort to accomplish. He wanted to be a super hero and a strong fighter but didn't want to devote any time to it. His laziness was his own undoing.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #31
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
The Punk Frog ep in Nick was hilarious, and one of the better eps of the Northampton arc. Why do people dislike that ep? I'm not even a fan of Napoleon Dynamite and I found it hilarious.

I also liked how the Punk Frogs now have an army and were all different from each other than being bland clones like the original cartoon.

I never found it especially funny or good. It was just "there", and I thought the plot was forced and a little clichéd. I also felt that it relied TOO much on the Dynamite jokes. Just generally boring and silly. Same with Foot Too Big.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

I thought the whole episode was entirely well plotted. The Frogs had a forest tree fortress, Napoleon befriended Michelangelo, the other Frogs wanted to attack humans, and there were a lot of great action sequences. Thought the episode was quite funny.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:09 PM   #33
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I felt more nostalgic about Napoleon Dynamite rather than the original tmnt cartoon while watching that episode XD

I wonder if Pedro voiced one of the other frogs, how weird that would've been.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #34
Desslok
Hench Mutant

So much universal hate for the Garbageman episodes!

I'm going to be completely honest, go against popular opinion and admit to liking them. They're beyond ridiculous sure and the plots make next to zero sense, but the sheer stupidity of it all (namely Mike Pollock's delivery of Garbageman's absurd dialogue) keeps me laughing the entire time and I consequently find nothing to object to.

As far as the absolute worst episodes of all time, I'll go with "Michelangelo Toys Around," "Turtles of the Jungle" and "Phantom of the Sewers" of the OT. Also the "Uncle Augie" episodes from 2K3, those episodes don't do anything for me. As for the Nick show, I've always found "Parasitica" to be kind of dull.

So anyway that's my two cents. As you continue to discuss the trash of the franchise just remember that "garbage is power."

Watch Episodes | Latest Updates | More Fun
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #35
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I guess I'm starting to see more reason to just not place a Garbage Man in my adaptation that I'm working on. Besides the fact that I just didn't have any ideas for one and didn't want to develop any.

Putting a "Joe Eyeball" stand in with a different character in IDW was a good call...and an adorable one at that.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post

That aside, his character showed that you can't quick fix anything that takes time and effort to accomplish. He wanted to be a super hero and a strong fighter but didn't want to devote any time to it. His laziness was his own undoing.
Well, I always kinda saw that with how most kids think. I mean c'mon, every kid wants to be Batman, but that doesn't mean they want to actually hit the gym and master multiple martial arts.

And for the second episode, until then no mutant has come out as gruesome as mutagen man, you were some kind of cool mutant animal that can do stuff. No one had any way of knowing he'd turn into the blob instead of some cool new mutant animal guy. I mean, any kid that wishes they were Ninja Turtle is basically wishing to be a mutated animal.

My main prob with Napoleon and Mondo Gecko is I wish they didn't suck. Especially Mondo since I was a bigger fan of him.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nick's Mondo was pretty funny even if he was totally useless in battle. I didn't mind him, glad we got Robbie Rist the 90's movie Michelangelo to voice him.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:01 PM   #38
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Anything with Timothy is automatically garbage. Good thing he died.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:20 PM   #39
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Nick's Mondo was pretty funny even if he was totally useless in battle. I didn't mind him, glad we got Robbie Rist the 90's movie Michelangelo to voice him.
Loved how he taught Mikey Cowabunga, one of the best things to happen.

I was honestly expecting that 2k12 Mikey would learn that catchphrase from his 80s counterpart in a croossover, surprised that the guy who did Original Movie Mikey taught it to him of all people.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:18 AM   #40
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Okay, technically not an "episode", but more of a comic storyline...

But we've said time and time again...the "April is a literal drawing" story in Mirage is absolutely heinous. Every single thing about it is just awful. Worst of all, it pretty much just seems to exist to make her more miserable than she already was in her apparent infertility. Was ovarian cancer not dramatic enough?

Most of volume four just seemed to want to make April and Casey absolutely miserable for the sake of "story".

How about no?

Even IDW's Casey and April wasn't that bad, and it was still pretty bad.

Seems like April and Casey seem to get saddled with the worst stuff time and time again.