The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Third Time's a charm?
Alright! Time to defrag Daddy... 24 51.06%
Um... are you sure this isn't Fast Forward? 13 27.66%
Poor Don needs a stiff drink.... better yet, give me one too... 10 21.28%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #81
Zechs
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Maybe she did try, and failed? Who knows...or maybe she has ADD and had too much on her mind at the moment to even think about the cloned guy. Maybe when she sees him now she'll smack her forehead and say "Stupid! stupid! stupid!"

Or, maybe there's a reason she didn't resurrect him? Perhaps she liked being in charge for a change.
Wasn't there supposed to be an adapation of "Worms of Madness" that was to have Karai attempt this and utterly fail at trying to clone Shredder? Plus the Cyber Shredder was a program so I guess maybe Karai didn't bother since it only be an electronic copy of Chre'll not organic.

Also maybe Stockman's betrayl was even more deep with him destroying and taking all the tech he had created for Ch'rell including this.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #82
Zechs
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshine View Post
BTW, anyone else missing Karai? Sure we saw a flashback of her today, but I want to see more of her!

Yeah and that was a darn tease of them using stock footage then using the new design. Give us a full appearance of her dangit! I'm so darn curious to see if she'll work for the good guys or stick with evil.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #83
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
Still waiting for it to get interesting.

Still waiting for the Turtles to be ninjas. Not Ronin Warriors. Not sugar-high "It's Ninja Time!" pez dispensers... Not VR Troopers.
I was hoping at least the stories, or art/animation would be interesting. Maybe coloring job would have some coherence. But no.

Not in the least bit surprised. I'm a fool for hoping, and continuing to watch, hoping that it might improve.

That's all friends, and don't forget to "think like a cybernaut!"
Keep in mind this was the weakest of the three so far. If you thought the other two showed no promise though, I guess we'll be seein' ya! ^_^

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #84
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

...Is anyone else still having troubles with YouTube? There's no sound and it stops loading after about two seconds. Even if I restart it, it stops again.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:00 PM   #85
Stone Warrior

Wow... Tron.

Not that its a bad thing mind you, just interesting. Though it reminds me of the time the Turtles got stuck in a videogame episode back in FF.

The whole "lets put Splinter back together again" is kinda weird, but I'll bite.

Hope the episodes improve.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #86
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

this wasn't bad. It was nice seeing Donny not so uptight in this one. The whole cybernaught thing made me but I think the whole cyber woirld thing has potencial to be interesting if they play their card right. I mean Shredder is on the internet he may be trapped but he sure can wreck some havoc anywhere in the world through the internet. If he really wanted to he could probably hack into any top secret places and get information to use against the turtles and even free himself from the asteroid. If he really wanted too he could corupt countless teenagers and young adults through the internate. The possiablites are just endless if the show "goes there". I just think his predictament isn't as hopless if he takes avantage of new cyber body, I really hope Shredder does something like that instead of just twiddling his thums waiting for the next time the turtles come back and get more of Splinter to do some thing.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #87
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Jo, I'm taking comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one having problems with YouTube. I thought it was just me because I have a dial-up connection, but now I realize that others are having problems too. I hope it gets resolved soon so I can see this ep.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #88
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Saw it yesterday. It was alright. Leo's blades and Don's staff were pretty cool. The twist on Leo's weapons were interesting. The portal they jump into totally leaves an opportunity for cyber Shredder to come back, which will be interesting - Ch'rell returns from the ice asteroid to fight a former version of himself.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #89
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I'm starting to wonder how all the other characters yet be introduced are going to featured and worked into this plot. We still have Leatherhead, Stockman, Hun&purple Dragons, Karai. and Usagi Yojimbo and Gen yet to see. Did I miss any one? Are they are going to play an intrical part or are most of them just going to be one episode camoes?

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #90
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant

Meh I just hope it won't take forever for Splinter to come back. My prediction is the last episode of this 13 episode season they'll get Splinter back but somehow Cyber Shredder will use the portal to get to the real world.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #91
Darth Shredder
Foot Soldier

I hope there aren't 10 more episodes of the cyberspace searching for Splinter's pieces. In the next episode or two, I want Splinter back, Cyber Shredder escaped into the physical world, and have the rest of the episodes in the spirit of the earlier, better seasons.
Darth Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #92
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

Hey all!

My computer went down in April and between work and now school I've had a hard time doing anything but the occasional lurk here. But since I finally caught up on the BttS episodes on Youtube this evening, I thought I'd try to get back into the swing of things.

And my verdict so far:

Well, it's mixed. I'm beginning to think seasons 1-4 are going to remain unthouched in terms of storytelling and animation quality. But while I was done with Fast Forward by the third episode and I never did get around to finishing Ninja Tribunal... I'm tentatively ready for more. Gimmicky? Yes. Some eyerolling at the cybernaut stuff? Sure. Lipsync? They still can't do it. But there is a little hint of the Turtles I love in there, and I'm ready to just sit and enjoy with my brain powered down, soaking up the little tidbits I like. And there are a reasonable number:

* Don being more volitional this time around. Like season 4 Leo, a little... all the focus, a large bit of the self-blame, but only a little of the dangerous rage. This will be interesting to see how these leadership tendencies play out, and how Leo will bring any of his leader stuff to the table.

* I wasn't sure at first, but now I'm a big fan of the pupils. It enhances the expressions so much. And the cyberworld switch has at least a taste of my "dream TMNT eye setup" (to give it a ridiculously important-sounding name)

* Cyber suits? Yeah, kind dumb and too colorful. But I think the way the parts themselves are arranged (and the way the white plays off the base color) is kinda nice, at least.

* The fact that the turtles' builds are different, but more than the FF "gee Raph is huge" models. Raph is clearly the biggest, then Leo, then Mike, then Don. Which is my favorite way to distribute their relative beefiness, though I mix up the heights a little more.

* Oh, and I'm digging Master Splinter's new design too.

Sure I've got a list of gripes to match (the top of the list being Karai's oversight followed by constant references to Mike's "stupidity" *facepalm*) but the overall trend suggests we're not going to top my favorite episodes of modern Turtles, so I'll just enjoy what is and if I must, make better fanworks.

And that's something, at least... watching these episodes has given me the Turtles drawing itch for the first time in a few months.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #93
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Shredder View Post
I hope there aren't 10 more episodes of the cyberspace searching for Splinter's pieces. In the next episode or two, I want Splinter back, Cyber Shredder escaped into the physical world, and have the rest of the episodes in the spirit of the earlier, better seasons.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off the whole cyber world thing, we only saw one episode of it so it wouldn't be fair to completely turn up are noses at it just yet with only one episodes development, it could develop into something more solid and interesting than just a toy comercial. Take the gathering of Splinter's data for example, that could just be a red herring. What if the Splinter's data thing isn't going to work at all and Shredder is just doing that to get the turtles to keep coming back into his realm so he can study their portal thing.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #94
Scrabblemouse
Random Punk

There's potential...but will they find it in cyberspace?

For the official record, I did not like Fast Forward. Not to rant but it makes my position clear from the get-go I couldn't help it, I'm old and I like dark stuff.

These new episodes seem to be trying to claw their way back to the grittier style of the first few seasons (angst, guilt, Shredder, etc...) but it seems that at every turn, there's some brightly-coloured mock-Disney character or daft joke standing in the way.

But I'll start with the positives: The cyber fight with Shredder was pretty awesome and it's nice to see them using the weapons as nature intended - to actually hit things rather than blast them.

The Lost-Splinter arc is also a nice touch. Seeing the boys work without their mentor is always good for some conflict and soul-searching, let's just hope they put some in....

Serling actually made me laugh in this one (the speed-bump quip) and I'm so glad Cody Jones is no-where in sight

Not-so positives (Cause negative is ..well..negative): Did I miss an episode or two before they went to the future? When did the lair get that big?? Surely Central Park is suffering from subsiding by now?

Next, I agree with the general consensus on this one - Leo, Mikey and Raph seem quite out of character lately. Where's Raph's rage? Leo's authority? Mike's sarcasm? I'm just getting the feeling that it's all going abit diluted in a bid to keep the younger viewers happy (I mean no disrespect to younger viewers, that's just how the execs see it)

And finally, the eyes creep me out! But that's a personal issue. I know they chose that move to make it more like the films but this isn't CGI, it's animation, and it makes them look very, very young.

Anyway, there's my two cents and a couple of pennies. Take as you will
Scrabblemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #95
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant

I don't know why people hated the ninja tribunal arc. I thought it was a good season overall. Just as good as the first four to be honest. Plus in my view it was a good end. I personally see Fast Forward and Back to the sewers as being a completely seperate series (sort of like the red sky seasons in the old toon), but even then I don't see why people hated Fast Forward. Unless people these days really believe everything has to have dark and edgy themes to be good.

Honestly I liked Fast Forwards lightheartedness. It was a good break from the first five super serious seasons, and in my opinion it was a nice change of pace.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #96
X
Stone Warrior

I just want the show to keep going past season 7.

Someone at 4kids wanna cheer me up by saying everything going to be ok, and the show will go on?

-X-
Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #97
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #98
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

I can see why you and tokka are friends! LOL
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #99
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Hmmm giant ants in mah back to the sewers?

sounds awesome.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #100
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
I can see why you and tokka are friends! LOL
I couldn't find an animated cricket's .gif so yeha I just posted on haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoshibi Amatsu View Post
Hmmm giant ants in mah back to the sewers?sounds awesome.
That's a Cricket!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote