The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old Today, 12:57 PM   #2601
italianice388
Hench Mutant

good call! triceraton even had video game appearances before the fred wolf cartoon appearance!
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:24 PM   #2602
inaheap
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
I think Rodney is pretty memorable to everyone from the video games. Hell, I'd say casual typese are more familiar with him from those games than the Triceratons.
That makes sense then. I never played the games. I didn't realize Roadkill Rodney was in them.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:32 PM   #2603
Y2Josh
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
So is anyone else wondering like me if we are getting close to the point where the novelty will wear off for collectors with less funds, the character familiarity will wane for the impulse buyers, the dividends will diminish for the wannabe scalpers...and finally there will be plenty of them for the true fans? For me I'm wondering if we are getting close, with the 2 pack of Rat King / Vernon, or even some of these recent ones beginning with Traag/Granitor. I could see the Triceraton/Rodney selling quickly to army building fans even if none of the aforementioned want them, though.
I'm definitely looking at this through my own lens (where I HAVE to have the Roadkill Rodneys, but won't be fussed over any of the Triceratons), but for the reasons you've listed here, I'm very curious to see how the Zarax and Zork set sells, as these two were in one episode (so far as I know), and it was after the series had peaked for me.

I'm still going to try to get them, of course, but it'll be the first pack that I don't feel like I MUST have.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #2604
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I frankly only see prices and availability being reasonable on the "Who Gives A Sh*t" characters. Just going by precedent in the "adult collectors" toy market. For the main cast - Turtles, Shredder, Bebop & Rocksteady, April, etc. - there's really no way those are ever going to "cool off". They're the ones everyone wants and there will never be a situation where supply meets demand unless NECA starts cranking them out in much greater numbers, which we have no reason to believe is going to happen.
Yes, and that's exactly what I was trying to say, so we're not arguing. I didn't say anything about value later on. I am speaking about availability before they sell out, so that it's not such a slog for true fans to get them anymore. I didn't partake in any of the MOTU lines you speak of, but I did watch them from the outside. There were plenty of characters who sat around for a long time waiting for someone to buy them and even went clearance. Doesn't mean they won't be valuable later, but it did mean that finally the true fans had more opportunity to get them during their retail window. At some point scalpers lose confidence in what they are buying not being sure what will happen or what's more worth it. Why buy two Triceraton variants that might be worth double some day when property X just released Y which they know will be worth triple right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I think most TMNT fans know Triceratons. They were in the original and the IDW comics as well as the the original and 2012 cartoons. Maybe other iterations I'm not familiar with too. Now Rodney on the other hand I had forgotten about until NECA showed it.
And I am not speaking at all about TMNT fans, and people on this forum. I know most of us want them all. Even if it's an obscure character to us. I want the dang bunny suits even though I really know I don't need them. What I am saying is I hope that at some point it's *only* us that wants them, and wondering if that time is approaching.

Obviously, Splinter/Baxter is going to be a must-have for Splinter alone and everyone is going to know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
I'm definitely looking at this through my own lens (where I HAVE to have the Roadkill Rodneys, but won't be fussed over any of the Triceratons), but for the reasons you've listed here, I'm very curious to see how the Zarax and Zork set sells, as these two were in one episode (so far as I know), and it was after the series had peaked for me.

I'm still going to try to get them, of course, but it'll be the first pack that I don't feel like I MUST have.
I agree, although I would state it as I don't feel like I NEED it, but I do still feel like I must have it.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:50 PM   #2605
vexdar
Random Punk

Did roadkill and triceraton ever go up?
vexdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:03 PM   #2606
Trailbreaker77
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexdar View Post
Did roadkill and triceraton ever go up?
Nope I never saw it go up so I guess maybe tomorrow.
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote