The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 07-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #101
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

the recent amazing spider-man 2 marvel legends spidey?

Yeah it's one of the best spider-man figures ever made especially in that price range and scale.

you can get it for $16.99 on amazon and maybe cheaper elsewhere, it's a great deal at that price.

guys let me know if you spot agent venom at walgreens... it's supposed to go on sale in early aug but surely some stores will be getting it early.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #102
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post

Yeah it's one of the best spider-man figures ever made especially in that price range and scale.

you can get it for $16.99 on amazon and maybe cheaper elsewhere, it's a great deal at that price.

guys let me know if you spot agent venom at walgreens... it's supposed to go on sale in early aug but surely some stores will be getting it early.
I wouldn't be shocked if Walgreens doesn't even put it out.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #103
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah, the new one. Found it at Amazon for $16, but shipping was $4, of course.
I find it odd that my Walmart has a better selection than my Target. Target had a few Spideys, one Superior Spidey, one Beetle, and the GOTG ones I mentioned earlier. Walmart had a few Spideys, a few Superior Spideys, an Electro, Boomerang, few CA:TWS Caps, Red Skull, Winter Soldier, Hydra soldier...no Black Widow though.
I'll keep an eye out for Agent Venom, though I don't even know if my Walgreens has Legends.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #104
arkangel
Hench Mutant

I was wanting one of those super-posable, mcfarlane spidey figures for quite a while, but the new amazing spiderman infinite series filled that need. For 25 Cnd, I'm more than happy with it.
arkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #105
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Yeah McFarlane spidey is the holy grail for spidey figure fans, but the ASM ML spidey stacks up to it VERY well and costs way, way less.

Also the film costume is so accurate to the comics, you could easily use it as a comic book spidey not just a movie spidey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if Walgreens doesn't even put it out.
Hmm, what do you mean? It's pretty much confirmed to be their exclusive so they should be showing up soon. Also Agent Venom is two per case which is quite good. Sadly since all the other figs in the case are fairly easy to find and have been available for some time now... even having Venom 2x in a case may not be enough and he's still going to sell out easily while the others sell far less.

I have lots of Walgreens in my area, but not all carry toys. I was able to find the Walgreens exlucive Rick Grimes from Walking Dead there last year without much issue though... I hope this turns out like that, because if it does, they won't be hard to find at all... at least in the first couple weeks of release.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #106
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Yeah McFarlane spidey is the holy grail for spidey figure fans, but the ASM ML spidey stacks up to it VERY well and costs way, way less.

Also the film costume is so accurate to the comics, you could easily use it as a comic book spidey not just a movie spidey.

Hmm, what do you mean? It's pretty much confirmed to be their exclusive so they should be showing up soon. Also Agent Venom is two per case which is quite good. Sadly since all the other figs in the case are fairly easy to find and have been available for some time now... even having Venom 2x in a case may not be enough and he's still going to sell out easily while the others sell far less.

I have lots of Walgreens in my area, but not all carry toys. I was able to find the Walgreens exlucive Rick Grimes from Walking Dead there last year without much issue though... I hope this turns out like that, because if it does, they won't be hard to find at all... at least in the first couple weeks of release.
The closest Walgreens near me has pegs for toys, but never put anything out. That's what I meant.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #107
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I saw TWO black widow on the shelf at Target today. I think those revision cases with 2x Widow are starting to hit stores cause that's the only way I can fathom how this happened.

I bet you if I go there tomorrow they'll be gone though

Also... not ML but I found the "small" Guardians of the Galaxy toys at TRU... not the ML but these ones:

http://amzn.com/B00IJZPZXA (just one of the packs, check related items for the others)

And.... holy hell they are TINY they are smaller than Marvel Universe scale by around half.

Not sure I'm interested in getting figs that small for that line... however it is worth noting they seem to be in scale with the ships that are being released, so that is rather cool.

http://amzn.com/B00IJZPZGM/
http://amzn.com/B00ILDIDDE/
Old 07-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #108
snake
Disgusting

I saw a Carnage and a Black Cat at Kmart. I already had them, so I passed. I wish it was the Boomerang/Spider-Girl case.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #109
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

interesting. i've seen lots of spider-girl but have not seen black cat in months

though in recent weeks most stores have stopped stocking ASM wave... they only have a few of the less sought after figures pegwarming (spidey, superior spidey and electro)
Old 07-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #110
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
interesting. i've seen lots of spider-girl but have not seen black cat in months

though in recent weeks most stores have stopped stocking ASM wave... they only have a few of the less sought after figures pegwarming (spidey, superior spidey and electro)
My K-mart doesn't stock until EVERYTHING is gone, so it took about 2 months for 3 Spider-Men to move off the shelve.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #111
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Nova in stock

Be fast friends

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #112
raph27
Mad Scientist

So I kinda want to get a villain when I get Spidey. I'm thinking Carnage. Unfortunately I don't have a Kmart nearby so I'm thinking TRU. Do you think they would have him? I know he's one of the more rare ones.
Also, is this still like...active? I really want a Star-Lord and I can't pass him up at $13.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...86&mode=retail
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #113
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Now in stock for pre-order

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/sta...258401-product

Better hurry. free shipping on $25 or more orders. they charge when they ship.

Need ideas on getting the order over that amount?

How about ordering agent venom too? Also in stock

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/spi...257703-product
Old 07-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #114
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

I finally got carnage!!!

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #115
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
Awesome! Is that home-made webbing?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #116
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Awesome! Is that home-made webbing?
It's straw wrappers tied in knots.

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #117
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
It's straw wrappers tied in knots.
I like to use twistie ties. it helps that most action figures come with a few in the package. So I have a big pile of them and you can use them to make ropes, spider-man's web, all kinds of things.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #118
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Today I walked into TRU and I was incredibly happy to find... an entire case of the x-men legends wave on the shelf! Another collector was in the isle but luckily he had no interest in them so I had nobody to battle with

yes... I bought all 5 including unmasked wolverine (i actually really love the head and the folded up mask on his back)

Oh and jubilee with her effects parts is really great... glad to have her.

they were 21.99 sadly... seems like the new standard price for ML.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #119
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Well, 2 of the 5 X-Men figures I ordered from TRU are on the way - Cyclops & Stryfe, my 2 least wanted... Hopefully I get my Magneto & Storms eventually.

To make things worse, my Thanos Imperative set languished at my local delivery office for 6 days, then got delivered this morning... to my next door neighbours. Who we've instructed the post office to NEVER leave our post with. So that's £120+ pissed down the drain...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #120
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Well, 2 of the 5 X-Men figures I ordered from TRU are on the way - Cyclops & Stryfe, my 2 least wanted... Hopefully I get my Magneto & Storms eventually.

To make things worse, my Thanos Imperative set languished at my local delivery office for 6 days, then got delivered this morning... to my next door neighbours. Who we've instructed the post office to NEVER leave our post with. So that's £120+ pissed down the drain...
go ask your neighbors to give it to you?