The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2015, 12:23 PM   #281
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Don't forget the exclusives coming out early summer! It sounds like they'll have the Mirage repaints at SDCC this year.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:27 PM   #282
cloud
Stone Warrior

This time I might be patient and see how much Ebay are listing a full set. I preordered 2 cases on Black Friday and couldnt cancel my comic store orser which is a 3rd case I'm stuck with.... And still no April
Had to pay $30 on Ebay for her
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #283
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Cloud, I'm with you on this one. This series cost me way more to buy 2 cases and sell off the extras than if I had just bought the ones I wanted off eBay. Plus, I question the accuracy of the ratios that companies put on the sides of of their blind box cases. Way too much room to hold chases back for later release and other such nonsense.

In the future I will just go the eBay route.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #284
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
This time I might be patient and see how much Ebay are listing a full set. I preordered 2 cases on Black Friday and couldnt cancel my comic store orser which is a 3rd case I'm stuck with.... And still no April
Had to pay $30 on Ebay for her

If your third case is unopened, you should have no problem re-selling it.

I've been buying these up to get the collector cards for one person and the figures for another. Only one left. I have 12 more blind boxes coming. These were really fun to learn about and get into. I hate that I'm getting on the band wagon so late. I wish I had been aware of this line when they were doing MMPR.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 AM   #285
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Just a heads up to everyone, if you are still hunting the chase figures they are out there and aren't as rare as you might think. I personally know someone who has pulled several grey foot ninjas, a few Aprils and even a couple black foot ninjas. Unfortunately for me, his asking prices are a little steep for me and I am very much content with the set of basic 8 in the meantime.

Best chances of going in blind are going to be getting to fresh new cases, and knowing a thing or two about the layout.

I honestly think the ratio that the loyal subjects advertise is very close to what you can expect. Just remember that if the ratio is for example: 1 per 3 cases and you buy 3 cases and don't get that figure it doesn't mean the ratio is incorrect...one figure of that character exists for every 3 cases manufactured, not necessarily the 3 cases you bought.

Good luck and happy hunting, just don't let your wallet die in the process. If you were late the party getting these awesome vinyl figures do yourself a favor and just go on amazon or ebay and buy a full set or the figures you want...the blind box game can either be a game of good luck or terrible misfortune.

I for one will be splitting a case with someone for wave 2, to get the best chances of a full set without breaking the bank...could result in a fist fight if there are any chase figures in that case, but may the best man win.
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #286
Will not be censored

I've come across one red shirt Foot Ninja and one April O'Neil so far, both of which I sold cheap to fans who would cherish them. The black Foot, on the other hand, I will sell high if I am fortunate enough to come across.

I am selling the more common figures between $10 and $15 a piece shipped if anyone is interested.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 04-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #287
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Check out the teaser of Leatherhead for wave 2

https://instagram.com/theloyalsubjects/
Old 04-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #288
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_power_eh? View Post
Check out the teaser of Leatherhead for wave 2

https://instagram.com/theloyalsubjects/

Man he looks great even without a head!! :p I want Slash and Leatherhead from wave 2.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #289
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Anyone out there have an April or Grey Foot Soldier for sale?

...I didn't think I wanted them that much, but damn...how my tune has changed within a couple days.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:33 PM   #290
Will not be censored

A little positive thinking got me a 1/96 Foot Soldier. I did NOT have to buy 96 figures to get one, I probably bought half that many.

It IS for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Teenage...#ht_168wt_1362
Quote:

Old 04-11-2015, 08:54 PM   #291
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Too rich for my blood.

I know a couple guys I can buy that 1/96 Foot for $90-$100
Old 04-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #292
Will not be censored

Fair enough, I didn't spend as much money on blind boxes as some people here, but I've noticed that mine is the only one on eBay currently (listed by itself and not as part of a complete set, anyway). I had one offer for $80 already. Another member here suggested I bump the price up to $200, which I did-- his logic being that since I only spent $13.99 on it, I can afford to wait two or three weeks for a buyer to come along who is willing to pay that much for it.
Quote:

Old 04-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #293
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Well, good luck.

You may be sitting on that for a long while at $200.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:44 PM   #294
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Looks like Leatherhead is going to be in wave 2
Old 04-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #295
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
http://i59.tinypic.com/20f6jjk.png Looks like Leatherhead is going to be in wave 2
I wish I could get those pesky things now lol they look amazing

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:08 PM   #296
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Loyal Subjects also has teasers for Bebop and Rocksteady on their instagram/twitter feeds.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:00 PM   #297
Oisterboy
Foot Soldier

I ended up grabbing the gamestop window boxed set because these were just a little too expensive for me to buy blind. I absolutely love them though. I wish i could get a foot soldier but I'm too cheap. Here's my set...i have the glow funko and kidrobot set and the neon sdcc kidrobot bebop and rocksteady so they go together pretty well:

Old 04-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #298
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
I ended up grabbing the gamestop window boxed set because these were just a little too expensive for me to buy blind. I absolutely love them though. I wish i could get a foot soldier but I'm too cheap. Here's my set...i have the glow funko and kidrobot set and the neon sdcc kidrobot bebop and rocksteady so they go together pretty well:

http://i.imgur.com/MQYohmml.jpg
If you can get to a brand new case, its quite easy to pull the figures you want/need. There is a layout that never changes. Chase figures are also always in the same spot. Learn the grid and you are golden.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #299
pl212
Stone Warrior

How accurate is this grid? I've tried this a few times and its always a 50/50... its really awesome when it hits

Quote:
If you can get to a brand new case, its quite easy to pull the figures you want/need. There is a layout that never changes. Chase figures are also always in the same spot. Learn the grid and you are golden.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #300
Oisterboy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Oh wow, I appreciate the tip but I just can't afford a case unfortunately. I'm only after the foot soldier at this point and I think the convenience of buying one would outweigh the potential resell values.

Crazy to hear about the case though. I'm used to kidrobot where it's always super hard to figure out layouts haha.
Oisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vinyl figures