The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What is YOUR level of enthusiasm for the upcoming show?
Hyped about it? 8 9.76%
Cautiously optimistic about it? 53 64.63%
Might let your children watch it? 7 8.54%
Let it die a short or quick death in the fires of hell!? 14 17.07%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #121
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Is there anyone around who can even edit the forum to add a new section? I think we'll be in the second season of Rise before Shredder or Krang check the forum again.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #122
CyberCubed
Overlord

Krang will create a new forum for Rise when it comes out. I remember when this Nick forum was created back in early 2012 before the show came out. It was glorious.

We rarely see new forums added to the TMNT section so when there are, it is like a big event. Well, not really, but it's nice to have different forums for each era of TMNT.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #123
Vicky82
Emperor

I think it's too early to add a new sub forum, because we've only seen a little bit of info on the new show.

I guess the mods will add a sub forum when we get more new info.

So be patient people.

I guess the next lot of info we will see, will be the character designs because I expect the new toys will be revealed either at London (Jan 23rd - 25th) or New York (Feb 17th - 20th) toy fairs.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:15 AM   #124
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Dont worry you will see me fighting the turtles very soon. Iam glad that you are so excited to see my new desigin and i cant wait to show it to you!!!
Old 12-28-2017, 11:57 PM   #125
victory_angel
Foot Elite

This video was posted up November 6th so we are able to here how the Turtles will sound like. No art yet as to how any of the Turtles look and none likely before next year, though the quote that Donnie’s voice actor says reminds me of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:40 AM   #126
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if April's design will be modeled after Kat Graham.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:15 AM   #127
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

I really loved the 2012 Nick-cartoon, so I'm curious to see their second try. I'm unsure about the announced comedy-based approach, but let's wait out.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:26 AM   #128
CyberCubed
Overlord

The 2012 show was heavily comedy based too, I doubt the new series will be much different in that aspect. I don't expect the interaction between the Turtles to be as good however, they really nailed that in Ciro's version.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:57 AM   #129
victory_angel
Foot Elite

They seem to have a lot of Donnie and April interactions in the recording sessions. This isn’t all together surprising since April does frequently interact with Donatello in various incarnations though much of the time the companionship is a platonic psuedo sibling variety.

However the Pandora’s box of a turtle falling in love with a human has been cracked open and that aspect would certainly be something that will be visible in upcoming incarnations from here on out. Hopefully if they do go Don O’Neil or Apritello, or just have Casey come into the picture midway then give the situation a more satifying conclusion then ending on a vague “I guess this means their a couple now” and confirming the out come in a non-cannonical music video. Only to have Casey, April, and Karai supposedly being vaporized via a mutagen bomb.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:22 AM   #130
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
They seem to have a lot of Donnie and April interactions in the recording sessions. This isn’t all together surprising since April does frequently interact with Donatello in various incarnations though much of the time the companionship is a platonic psuedo sibling variety.

However the Pandora’s box of a turtle falling in love with a human has been cracked open and that aspect would certainly be something that will be visible in upcoming incarnations from here on out. Hopefully if they do go Don O’Neil or Apritello, or just have Casey come into the picture midway then give the situation a more satifying conclusion then ending on a vague “I guess this means their a couple now” and confirming the out come in a non-cannonical music video. Only to have Casey, April, and Karai supposedly being vaporized via a mutagen bomb.
Who knows, as this show is going to be different maybe they won't go there this time.

I won't care about this show like 2012 but still curious to see the approach they are taking.

Last edited by newfan; 12-29-2017 at 06:45 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #131
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, really that Pandora’s box was cracked open long ago. Nick's just the first cartoon to totally go for it no holds barred. lol (Save for the 'holds' required of a "kids show.")

Spoiler:
Not to go off topic for a second, but I'm curious though... Who and where was the first Turtle in any media form to show any obvious feelings toward a human? (Not just speculation or reading into it by reader/viewer.) Was it Leo's crush on Lotus that aired in late 1989 or did Mirage previously jump in with something in its first 5 1/2 years?

Agree though that I likewise doubt this new one will go there (or extremely jokey and vague) if this one is going to be more of a kiddie comedy on a channel like Nick. Betting on more sibling type affection instead. (If there was ever a slight crush/interest on/in anyone, probably a show full of ADD and will be forgotten by the next ep.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #132
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Spoiler:
Raph comments on April's physical appearance in I think it's issue 4.
The one where she gets a perm.
Any other turtle and I'd say it was just them being polite, but given that it's Raph and even in early Mirage he's not prone to compliment, I'd say it's an indicator that they grok attraction.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #133
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, really that Pandora’s box was cracked open long ago. Nick's just the first cartoon to totally go for it no holds barred. lol (Save for the 'holds' required of a "kids show.")

Spoiler:
Not to go off topic for a second, but I'm curious though... Who and where was the first Turtle in any media form to show any obvious feelings toward a human? (Not just speculation or reading into it by reader/viewer.) Was it Leo's crush on Lotus that aired in late 1989 or did Mirage previously jump in with something in its first 5 1/2 years?

Agree though that I likewise doubt this new one will go there (or extremely jokey and vague) if this one is going to be more of a kiddie comedy on a channel like Nick. Betting on more sibling type affection instead. (If there was ever a slight crush/interest on/in anyone, probably a show full of ADD and will be forgotten by the next ep.)
Well, Leo did have an open relationship with Radical on the Mirage Comics, but I believe that was after Lotus so that one stil predates it. Don also had an obvious infatuation with Jhanna on Mirage as well as in 2k3. Later examples we also have Raph on Mirage with Lucinda, 2k3 with Joi and in the 90's movie with April, then there's Mike with April on the 2016 movie.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #134
dragonside
Hench Mutant

i'd like to see Raph as the SHORT ANGRY DUDE.

like danny deVito, or Detective Pikachu.

Edward Elric (FULL METAL ALCHEMIST)
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:46 PM   #135
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
i'd like to see Raph as the SHORT ANGRY DUDE.

like danny deVito, or Detective Pikachu.

Edward Elric (FULL METAL ALCHEMIST)
Yepp, that would be great. But not in this show:

Quote:
Raphael, as the oldest and physically biggest brother
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/teena...tails-revealed

Sorry, man.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:18 PM   #136
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Well, Leo did have an open relationship with Radical on the Mirage Comics, but I believe that was after Lotus so that one stil predates it. Don also had an obvious infatuation with Jhanna on Mirage as well as in 2k3. Later examples we also have Raph on Mirage with Lucinda, 2k3 with Joi and in the 90's movie with April, then there's Mike with April on the 2016 movie.
Jhanna is a humanoid alien so she sort of counts, sort of doesn’t. And unlike her mirage incarnation she does reciprocate Donnie’s feeling in the 2k3. Also in the 2k3 it’s hinted Donnie had a crush on April but that companionship goes a more sibling route after Casey comes into the picture. There is also Sydney in the 2k3, sort of implied feelings but nothing comes of it.

There is also Irma and her one sided love interests and desperate desires for love. Such as one episode Donatello tells her he needs her to help him get a pizza and she at first interperates it as another reason.

And then of course the Episode where Rocksteady and Bebop lace a pizza that the Turtles are getting with a love potion that is supposed to make them fall in love with the first woman they see but only Leo, Raph, and Mikey eat it and end up falling in love with Irma.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:08 AM   #137
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Spoiler:
Raph comments on April's physical appearance in I think it's issue 4.
The one where she gets a perm.
Any other turtle and I'd say it was just them being polite, but given that it's Raph and even in early Mirage he's not prone to compliment, I'd say it's an indicator that they grok attraction.
Wow, no idea that comment was so early in it. (Someday I will read Mirage...) Somehow I'm not surprised at all that it came from the guy who's just gonna say whatever is on his mind.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #138
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

After what read about the upcoming show about two of the turtles brothers I don't know what to expect. I hope it's good, if not, I will stick with the IDW comics.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:54 PM   #139
Donny's computer84
Thug

Smile

Raphael is going to be the leader and not Leo. I'm not sure how this will work due to Raph's temper or they want to give him an opportunity this time.
Donny's computer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #140
newfan
Mad Scientist

Well Leo's character was described as a charming rebel, maybe Raphs character maybe be a little different. Or... he could be a bully of of leader .. who knows
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote