The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #41
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Splinter is getting a statue too

http://i58.tinypic.com/akkew8.jpg
If we'll get Splinter, maybe there's a chance for an April O' Neil figure too? Cause y'know she's pretty vital in the movie too.

More shots:

http://news.toyark.com/2015/04/01/ne...figures-156790

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #42
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

ill probably just get Leo they are way more expensive then the Revoltech ones
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #43
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
If we'll get Splinter, maybe there's a chance for an April O' Neil figure too? Cause y'know she's pretty vital in the movie too.

More shots:

http://news.toyark.com/2015/04/01/ne...figures-156790

http://i.imgur.com/L7CfmCV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XCt2dQQ.jpg
That splinter was a STATUE aka not moving piece. They are not gonna make April nobody is going to spend over 100 bucks on a super articulated Megan Fox.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:19 PM   #44
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Of course they are more expensive then a Revoltech, they are collector's toys in the 1/6th scale with cloth materials and high-end sculpting work to represent a closer look to the live-action cgi models.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:17 PM   #45
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Of course they are more expensive then a Revoltech, they are collector's toys in the 1/6th scale with cloth materials and high-end sculpting work to represent a closer look to the live-action cgi models.
absolutely This. people don't realize that a lot of the 1/6 community don't think of these as "toys," but as high-end collectibles/replicas
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:58 PM   #46
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It should be up in 2 minutes.

Edit: it's live NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
..super articulated Megan Fox.
Ooh, rawr meow..

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 04-08-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #47
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

If only Henson figures.....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:32 PM   #48
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So....is it rubber over an endo-skeleton for movement, or is it something different over the joints?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_power_eh? View Post
Looks like the elbow joints are the only seamless joints on the figures, so for that joint expect a rubbery sleeve over the arm. Looks like you can see every other joint...no ankle pivot either from what I can tell. Prepare for stagnant ninja poses.

Also with the seamless elbows, I wouldn't recommend leaving them bent at any extreme angles for extended periods of time. They could very well crack over time.

Maybe Hot Toys can snag the rights and make some proper 1990s 1/6 scale turtles because these figures are a bust and an easy pass for me. But for those who get them; I really hope they turn out better than these prototypes...and hopefully they address those brutal eyes
You really shouldn't worry about the skin. Modern technology is amazing. See other similar product like it:

http://radtoyreview.com/2013/12/16/r...d-pet-walkers/

"The sculpt, texture and detail on the skin is really impressive.

This is actually a big deal for ThreeZero, not only because it’s the first from their Walking Dead license, but because it’s the first toy they’ve produced using a new type of fake skin. The skin itself FEELS a bit like rubber in that it’s “rubbery” and stretches. But, the skin is actually made using a kind of PVC that is meant to be more durable than the rubber some collectible figures feature. For example, PVC shouldn’t degrade and disintegrate over time like rubber can do."
Old 04-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #49
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
You really shouldn't worry about the skin. Modern technology is amazing. See other similar product like it:

http://radtoyreview.com/2013/12/16/r...d-pet-walkers/

"The sculpt, texture and detail on the skin is really impressive.

This is actually a big deal for ThreeZero, not only because it’s the first from their Walking Dead license, but because it’s the first toy they’ve produced using a new type of fake skin. The skin itself FEELS a bit like rubber in that it’s “rubbery” and stretches. But, the skin is actually made using a kind of PVC that is meant to be more durable than the rubber some collectible figures feature. For example, PVC shouldn’t degrade and disintegrate over time like rubber can do."
On the contrary, dude. You should be very wary of the "skin" over seamless joints. It has nothing to do with technology, soft rubber/any soft plastics will eventually dry out and crack if and when it is stressed. My comment had nothing to do with the tech or quality of material, it was about seamless joints on 1/6 scale figures and more specifically the elbow joints on these TMNT.

Ask anyone who collects 1/6 scale and they will all tell you 9.5 times out of 10 that they simply will not leave seamless joints bent for extended periods of time. The material has to be soft and thin enough to allow the joint retain articulation. its not 1/2" thick...even then its still vulnerable to degradation.

I don't doubt that Three Zero is using a high grade material for their skin textures over the base bodies, but take a close look at the WD 1/6 scale Pet Zombies you are referring to...THEY DONT HAVE ARMS! There are no seamless joints on the figures. Using high grade material in the torso section is all fine and good but when you are talking about using it to cover a functioning joint that can move up to and beyond 90 degrees things change drastically.

I have enough 1/6 scale figures to know that seamless joints and even tighter fitting costumes start to break down when left in exaggerated poses (whether it be cracking rubber, frayed stitching or stretched out fabric). There are no 1/6 collectors out there that are going to leave a Hot Toys Hulk, or Enterbay Batman in poses that will compromise the condition of the figure. Period. The smallest stress mark can become a pin hole, a crack and eventually a tear.

I mean you no disrespect in any of this BTW, I don't know you and you don't know me. I'm not saying I'm the king of 1/6 scale collectors but I have enough experience with them to throw in my 2 cents...and for all I know you could have a dozen detolf cabinets packed with hot toys. I'm simply throwing some knowledge out there for people who may be new to 1/6 collecting. These figures are far from "toys" and the price is proof of that, but people have to remember that these things are fragile. I don't care if its Hot Toys, Enterbay, Three Zero etc you have to be careful in both handling and displaying them. If you are new to this niche of the collectors' market and are going to invest your hard earned money in these figures please do some research, read the instructions, watch some videos, and be careful with the figures...just because you spent $200+ on it, doesn't mean it will take much if any sort of abuse/mishandling. Simply put: Nothing lasts forever, even when properly used and handled.

Another thing to note for the new collectors of this scale, is that the prototype photos sometimes look better than the final product either due to paint or the photos being taken in optimum lighting...and sometimes the prototype photos are shown in poses that simply can't be achieved by the final products (see Hot Toys Stealth Strike Captain America for an example).

I'm not here to talk people out of buying these TMNT. If you like them, buy them...yes I've made it clear I wont be buying them, but I don't think they are terrible by any means either. If they fixed the eyes, threw in an alternate head and shown better ankle articulation I would have been all over these regardless of my distaste for the "film" they are based on.

Once again, no disrespect Shark_Blade
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:33 AM   #50
Shark_Blade
Emperor

No, no I take your word for it. I'm pretty new to these kind of figures, I can only judge based on other people's reviews due to my little experience so far. Only Hot Toy I have currently is Maleficent.

So if when my turtle figures arrive, I can keep in mind on what you had mentioned - don't put them in bend position for long period of time; it's probably for the best for their longevity.

Cheers for your advice!
Old 04-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #51
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
No, no I take your word for it. I'm pretty new to these kind of figures, I can only judge based on other people's reviews due to my little experience so far. Only Hot Toy I have currently is Maleficent.

So if when my turtle figures arrive, I can keep in mind on what you had mentioned - don't put them in bend position for long period of time; it's probably for the best for their longevity.

Cheers for your advice!
Dude, again sorry if I came off preachy...that just 'aint me. I really hope you enjoy these figures when you finally get 'em.

Welcome to the 1/6 addiction club. Every time I get one delivered I swear I wont buy anymore...then the next pre order goes up.

I have the Groot and Rocket Hot toys 2-pack coming soon and have my pre order in for the Ex Deadpool 1/6 by sideshow.

*High Three!*

P.s the head sculpt on that Maleficent is too good
Old 04-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #52
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

I pre-ordered a Leo, couldn't pass it up as I think these look great and it's fun to see TMNT finally get some 1:6 scale love. I've had a few Star Wars figures and the Hot Toys Jake Sully, 1:6 scale figures are just really fun to me. Yeah the designs for Bays turtles sure aren't my favorite but until someone makes some awesome Henson turtles I'll be happy with this.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #53
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
If only the arms are seamless rubber, Leo could still be posed in twerking poses for a long period of time
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:48 PM   #54
THGhost
Puppet Master

The detail on these things is insane!

http://threezerostore.com/index.php?...=21&lang=en-US

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:29 PM   #55
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

to those who pre ordered if any did..do you pay now or later

im tempted to get these since i am a sucker for highly detailed figures

even though i could just but more figuarts

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #56
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Happy to see fellow 1/6 scale collectors in here. It's quite the addiction. Any of you frequent SideshowFreaks?
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:37 AM   #57
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_power_eh? View Post
Dude, again sorry if I came off preachy...that just 'aint me. I really hope you enjoy these figures when you finally get 'em.

Welcome to the 1/6 addiction club. Every time I get one delivered I swear I wont buy anymore...then the next pre order goes up.

I have the Groot and Rocket Hot toys 2-pack coming soon and have my pre order in for the Ex Deadpool 1/6 by sideshow.

*High Three!*

P.s the head sculpt on that Maleficent is too good
High three! And yeah Maleficent looks great. Groot and Rocket are my fave characters in the gotg movie, didn't know there's figures for them! The treebark and fur are very detailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
If only the arms are seamless rubber, Leo could still be posed in twerking poses for a long period of time
Ah, that's an idea for a photoshoot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
to those who pre ordered if any did..do you pay now or later
I used paypal and paid upfront.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
Happy to see fellow 1/6 scale collectors in here. It's quite the addiction. Any of you frequent SideshowFreaks?
I'm checking the site now. Quality stuff.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:55 AM   #58
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
Not a member on SideshowFreaks, but I creep it from time to time.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #59
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Any one want to speculate as to when we might get Raph and Don released?
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #60
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
Any one want to speculate as to when we might get Raph and Don released?
Knowing ThreeZero's track record, I'm thinking late 2016 to mid 2017