The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which shippings do you like?
Donnie and April (Apritello) 27 79.41%
Casey and April (Capril) 7 20.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier

Apritello VS Capril

Which one do you like better? Donnie and April or Casey and April?

tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:59 PM   #2
JTH
"ME"

Based on how they've been presented in the show, I'll take Donnie & April every day of the week.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:13 PM   #3
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Apritello!

Beauty and the Beast combo! Heck yaas!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:35 PM   #4
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Any other version I'd have said Casey. but THIS Casey?! Uh, no. Gonna' go with Donnie here. Casey's a perv.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

These shipping names trigger me. Is this what the young kids of today really use? These awful shipping names?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #6
Commenter 42
Banned

This thread needs to be locked.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:36 PM   #7
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
These shipping names trigger me. Is this what the young kids of today really use? These awful shipping names?
You like 3 of them getting it on? Capritello is for you.

Or perhaps you prefer Leorai?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #8
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant

Let's see:

Donnie is the nicer of the two, and the way they've handled it, yeah, it seems more likely. April is usually mad at Casey, but the beginning of season two aside, she's never really mad at Donnie. However, I feel that there may be some backlash if it is ApriTello, because aside from Donnie being a giant turtle, it breaks tradition (which admittedly is another reason I would like to see the pairing happen. It's different).

Meanwhile... Casey's human? Help me out with pros here. I'll ship them in any other version, but here, there aren't many reason to. It's tradition and he's human. Like I said, it seemed like April is peeved with Casey most of the time (mostly in season two and here and there in season three), however, since they've been getting left behind, who knows. Maybe they've had time to bond. Otherwise, eh. He's not exactly the kindest or smartest. I mean, he started off kinda nice, and there were times where they sat down to talk, no jokes or anything (Target: April O'Neil and Buried secrets come to mind), but overtime the character has just gone downhill. But uhh, hey, tradition and the fact that he's human?

Final verdict: Neither. I'd still lean towards Donnie. But still, the last time they really seemed to try and work on that pairing was A Foot too big (?), which was over a year ago (plus, if they were intended to be together, that was kind of a missed opportunity.). So, since it does kinda make it hard to totally say who she will/is more likely to end up with, neither.

The shippy shippy fangirl part of me totally says Apritello all the way though. Just sayin'.

Last edited by Unworthy tinker; 03-21-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Unworthy tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:04 PM   #9
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Apritello has been toned down quite a bit, but there is still more going on with it in the background.

I get the impression that April truly has feelings for Donnie. But she is scared about revealing them.

After all there was a time when mixed race relationships were frowned upon...and likewise same-gendered relationships were viewed as something to be ashamed of. It was only recently that these two types of relationships have become more accepted then they they were years ago.

And while the Nick won't be as heavy handed as say history has...they will still make it clear that there will be a stigma about humans having relationships with mutants.

And I'm not saying in terms of bestial relationships because that arguments been done to death...though I can see someone on the show making a "If people can have relationships with mutants, next thing you know we'd be shipping with our pets." kind of comment. But they will make it clear in the show that human on mutant relationships are not to be encouraged.

So I can see April's feelings for Casey are more platonic and she just emotionally uses him as a beard so that it looks like she has a more "Acceptable" relationship. And of course force herself to believe that she is in the correct relationship.

Let's say there is an episode where Joan Grody learns the Turtles are in fact Mutant Turtles. She would naturally try to paint the Turtles as monsters because she wants ratings. And fear mongering is one of the ways to get attention and sway public opinion

The Nick Series has occasionally hinted April going into a career as an investigative journalist. So April could bring back that board she made in season one and use it to gauge the extent of Joans influence. As well as sway public opinion and debunk Joan's lies and assumptions about the Turtles.

From here there are three things that Joan could use to discredit April in no particular order.

1. The photo of Donnie pushing April on the swing.

This may feel like a stretch but, this photos first and last appearance was in Mutagen Man Unleashed. The last time we see it was when MM goes to the surface to look for April. He has the photo and he's trying to get the people there to tell him where he can find April. And the last we see if it was when the frame is dropped on the ground and broken. As far as we know it had been left there for anybody to pick up.

A plausible scenario is that Joan Grody hears about a monster attack in the city. She goes to follow up on it and either finds the photo or someone gives it to her saying the creature (mutagen man) had left it behind. Everyone thinks Donnie is some kid in a turtle costume so they don't think much of the photo. However Joan has her suspicions and holds on to it.

So eventually should April be asked for an interview with Joan about why she feels the Turtles not "Child Eating" Monsters. Joan could reveal this image and force April to reveal her true relationship with the Turtles.

2. April is revealed as a mutant

In Kraang Conspiracy it was revealed the reason April has psychic powers is because she is half human/half Kraang mutant hybrid. Beyond that April has been very reluctant about admitting or accepting that she is a mutant. And the Turtles have been nice enough not to push the issue on that fact either. Casey it is doubtful he knows April is a mutant...he just assumes she's a psychic who is just discovering her latent
skills. And even when he asked her about her powers she just says 'I'm special' as a way of saying "I rather not go into it..."

If this plot point is revealed...I can see Joan leaping at it and saying "How can we trust you when as far as we know...you could be in league with the Kraang themselves?"

3. Dark April

This would be its own can of worms...

Last edited by victory_angel; 03-20-2016 at 09:11 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:14 PM   #10
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I used to prefer Apritello, but after some careful thought, I have a different opinion. So, bear with me...

Spoiler:
Personally, I feel April should just remain single.

Donatello's whole perspective on romance is based on his "Nice Guy" Archetype. He feels entitled to date April just because he does nice things for her. This type of thinking is dangerous and demeaning towards women, as it often treats them like rewards/trophies that should be "won".

- He created a chart just so he could meet April, and force her to go on a date with him. ("Monkey Brains ")
- He (initially) only created a cure to "win April back". ("Mutagen Man Unleashed")
- He (along with Casey) oogled at April like an object. ("Beyond The Known Universe")

Casey is just being plain creepy. It seems, at times, he only values April for her body. It feels heavily misogynistic at times, and it's honestly disgusting.

- He pinched/groped her bottom. ("Plan 10")
- He oogled at her body. ("Beyond The Known Universe")
- He fights with Donnie over who gets to have her. ("Chinatown Ghost Story")

It's chilling to watch...

Last edited by Papenbrook; 03-22-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:08 AM   #11
Commenter 42
Banned

Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:39 AM   #12
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'm still holding out for April and Karai.

Donnie is one let-down and a trilby away from #NotAllMen, and carry had three braincells to rub together.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:34 AM   #13
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Neither, actually, as I'm indifferent to both, but if forced to choose, Donnie x April". Personally, I feel she'll end up with neither.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:57 AM   #14
cookie jar
Hench Mutant

Based on how they've been presented in the show so far, my opinion is neither.
cookie jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:30 AM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

Well I guess Casey and April feels a lot more mutual, Donatello just sort of comes across as a creepy stalker.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:37 AM   #16
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I used to prefer Apritello, but after some careful thought, I have a different opinion. So, bear with me...

Spoiler:

Donatello's whole perspective on romance is based on his "Nice Guy" Archetype. He feels entitled to date April just because he does nice things for her. This type of thinking is dangerous and demeaning towards women, as it often treats them like rewards/trophies that should be "won".

- He created a chart just so he could meet April, and force her to go on a date with him. ("Metalhead")
- He (initially) only created a cure to "win April back". ("Mutagen Man Unleashed")
- He (along with Donatello) oogled at April like an object. ("Beyond The Known Universe")

Casey is just being plain creepy. It seems, at times, he only values April for her body. It's honestly disgusting.

Can you go a post with out bringing up your silly SJW agenda?
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:10 AM   #17
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Apritello all the way, Casey is an idiot. I mean why date a guy that doesn't care that all of humanity is dead including his family.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:44 AM   #18
Amaranthus
Banned

Neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

Spoiler:

- He created a chart just so he could meet April, and force her to go on a date with him. ("Metalhead")
- He (along with Donatello) oogled at April like an object. ("Beyond The Known Universe")

Casey is just being plain creepy. It seems, at times, he only values April for her body. It's honestly disgusting.

1) You're overanalysing this.
2) A lot of crushes are based on looks.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #19
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Apritello all the way, Casey is an idiot. I mean why date a guy that doesn't care that all of humanity is dead including his family.
I dunno, there are people out there who have pretty crap families...
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:35 AM   #20
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I dunno, there are people out there who have pretty crap families...
I know Nick isn't pulling anything from the IDW series (and certainly not the Dreamwave one) but your statement is valid.

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil, casey jones, donatello, tmnt 2012