The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #261
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Absolutely agreed, but kids no higher than my knee aren't ready for blue dong or dudes getting sliced in half by a lady with sword-feet. Ratings are a scam, but people still need common sense.

Take a 5 year-old to see Avengers? Sure. Take a 5 year-old to see Dredd? You f'ing kidding me?
Oh, there's DEFINITELY a certain degree of maturity that comes with age. I mean, if you take a 9, 10, 11, or 12 year old to see an R-Rated movie, again, as long as they're mature enough to handle it.

5 year old? Nah, G. They'll most definitely be immature about it because they're 5. They're supposed to be immature. Personally, it's not the blood that I'd have a problem with, it's the cursing/sex.

Like, example; when I was 5, I saw Jaws, and then when I went to this store, the woman looked at me and said, "Hi, little guy!" and I said, "Smile, you son of a bitch!"
Woman nearly fainted.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:01 PM   #262
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Oh, there's DEFINITELY a certain degree of maturity that comes with age. I mean, if you take a 9, 10, 11, or 12 year old to see an R-Rated movie, again, as long as they're mature enough to handle it.

5 year old? Nah, G. They'll most definitely be immature about it because they're 5. They're supposed to be immature. Personally, it's not the blood that I'd have a problem with, it's the cursing/sex.

Like, example; when I was 5, I saw Jaws, and then when I went to this store, the woman looked at me and said, "Hi, little guy!" and I said, "Smile, you son of a bitch!"
Woman nearly fainted.

When I was five, I misquoted one of the Mutant Turtle wrestlers who threatened Krang and ended up telling my grandmother "... or we'll tie your testicles [supposed to be tentacles] in knots."

Quote:

I can't agree with you on that... sex and violence are gonna be a lot more traumatic for kids than words that they don't understand.

F*ck and Frigate are both gonna be as incomprehensible to them.

Last edited by Jester; 07-11-2015 at 11:36 AM. Reason: 2x posts
Old 07-09-2015, 08:18 PM   #263
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Woman nearly fainted.
you have to remember though we live in different times now...bad words arnt shockers anymore no matter the age..sad but true

pretty sure certain cartoons get away with minor "swear" words..i remember growing up being told "crap" was bad...then hey arnold said it...now its everywhere....(that example really hit the fan)

pg and even G movies sneak in bad words now and then

your biggest contender is gonna be sex..thats the bad now

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
Old 07-11-2015, 12:40 AM   #264
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
X-Men is out in May so the only fight between the two is for top spot and yearly gross not monthly gross.

TMNT 2 will go head to head with Warcraft, Independence Day 2 and The Secret Life of Pets (Sorry Finding Dory is out in July) So June will be a fight for Monthly Gross

GOTG did $100M more than X-Men and X-Men did $42M more than TMNT in the US last year. So I don't think there be much difference between TMNT 2 and X-Men yearly gross next year and with Casey Jones, Bebop and Rocksteady in TMNT 2 as they are fan favourites it could be tight between the 2.

Also there is a few other movies that will probably do well next year. Kung Fu Panda 3, Star Trek beyond, Ice Age 5, The BFG, The Bourne sequel, Star wars rogue one, Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan.
So many competitions but no matter, TMNT shall bravely face em all head on, just like the last time.

Bring it on!

#aimfordat$1billion
Old 07-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #265
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, my sis's stepsons are thirteen and eleven, and the eleven-year-old has already asked his dad when he'll be old enough to cuss, so you can bet he's definitely heard some words from his mom according to my sis. But I agree that there are certain movies kids shouldn't see at a certain age.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #266
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
you have to remember though we live in different times now...bad words arnt shockers anymore no matter the age..sad but true

pretty sure certain cartoons get away with minor "swear" words..i remember growing up being told "crap" was bad...then hey arnold said it...now its everywhere....(that example really hit the fan)

pg and even G movies sneak in bad words now and then

your biggest contender is gonna be sex..thats the bad now
I find it to be the funniest thing when I'm watching a movie with younger ones (I sometimes volunteer at a summer camp) and they make a really bad joke. Like, I'll use Shrek as an example: the compensation joke? That literally killed me and everyone was wondering why I was laughing.

Quote:
I can't agree with you on that... sex and violence are gonna be a lot more traumatic for kids than words that they don't understand.

F*ck and Frigate are both gonna be as incomprehensible to them.
Oh, I agree with you on that, but the words just seem like they're going to be more common in modern day's society. Put it like this: while sex and violence (depends on how much violence) will traumatize those 5 year olds, they're more likely to start cursing after they've seen a movie with curse words rather than go have sex with someone after they've seen a movie with sex in it.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:27 AM   #267
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I definitely agree with that, Foom. Kids will repeat anything you say no matter what. That's why you have to be careful about what you say around them.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:34 AM   #268
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I definitely agree with that, Foom. Kids will repeat anything you say no matter what. That's why you have to be careful about what you say around them.
Yeah. My mom blames me for saying "hell" and "damn" all the time around my little brother, 'cause now he's started saying that.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #269
Vicky82
Emperor

As they weren't at SDCC, I wonder if Paramount are going to be at New York Comic Con which is on October 8th to 11th. Their could be chance they could show the 1st trailer or some movie stills and posters.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:04 PM   #270
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That could very well be because by then it would be ready.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #271
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Their could be chance they could show the 1st trailer or some movie stills and posters.

Yeah. Okay.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #272
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Based on the promotion for the last movie, I doubt they'll be showing any trailers any time soon. The marketing for the first one was some of the worst marketing I've ever seen. It's like they were trying not to advertise it so people wouldn't see it... Maybe that was the one good thing they did?
Old 07-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #273
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I could see a tiny teaser happening maybe if they've got a piece completed that would make a good one.

Wouldn't hold my breath on an actual trailer though. Still plenty to do after shooting wraps up and Oct. really isn't that many weeks away in that regard. Heck, last time they were working up to the wire.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:25 AM   #274
pennydreadful
trash

Given the amount of awesome trailers that hit the internet this weekend, can you imagine what any paltry offering that PD had served up would've looked like in comparison?

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 07-12-2015, 04:03 AM   #275
Vicky82
Emperor

I expect that the lack of promotion and that we got the trailers and character posters quite late for the first movie, was because of they were still getting the turtles CGI designs right, reshoots and changing Shredder, so making the fist movie didn't go smoothly.

When this movie fully wraps filming and possibly no reshoots, changes to the script ect and also we know what the turtles are going to be like, they probably might make a few modifications to them. So if pre production goes smoothly and quickly with no problems. There might be possibilty we could get character posters, teaser trailer ect at the NYCC.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:20 AM   #276
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

It would make sense if they did show something at NYCC, but that depends on if they have anything ready to show. And if they don't, then that's pretty damn sad.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #277
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
I expect that the lack of promotion and that we got the trailers and character posters quite late for the first movie, was because of they were still getting the turtles CGI designs right, reshoots and changing Shredder, so making the fist movie didn't go smoothly.

When this movie fully wraps filming and possibly no reshoots, changes to the script ect and also we know what the turtles are going to be like, they probably might make a few modifications to them. So if pre production goes smoothly and quickly with no problems. There might be possibilty we could get character posters, teaser trailer ect at the NYCC.
Or it was just plain lack of faith.

There was literally no reason why they couldn't have released something akin to those posters of turtles hands holding their weapons early. Other VFX heavy movies release trailers in a timely manner, the teaser we got y'know the "heroes are not born" one could have been released much earlier.

Last edited by Galactus; 07-12-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #278
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post

There was literally no reason why they couldn't have released something akin to those posters of turtles hands holding their weapons early. Other VFX he a you movies release trailers in a timely manner, the teaser we got y'know the "heroes are not born" one could have been released much earlier.
This^ With all the backlash the movie was getting and having to rewrite. Its easy to see they didn't want to release too soon and kill any/all hype for this movie. As a business strategy its very smart, but to us the consumers its pathetic.

With the information we're being shown and going crazy over something as simple as Ninja's in a "Ninja" Turtle movie are you honestly surprised we didn't get a trailer?
Old 07-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #279
Bob
Stone Warrior

You all know, I presume, that Paramount didn't even go to SDCC?
Old 07-12-2015, 03:07 PM   #280
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post

There was literally no reason why they couldn't have released something akin to those posters of turtles hands holding their weapons early. Other VFX he a you movies release trailers in a timely manner, the teaser we got y'know the "heroes are not born" one could have been released much earlier.
Exactly. I can't believe people are STILL deluding themselves into thinking that Platinum Dunes and this f*cking movie had any faith in themselves at all, and the reason they didn't release rendered still images of HANDS holding WEAPONS was because they were "still getting the Turtles designs right."

Jesus christ.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation