Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
Well the Menues wouldn't be a Problem!

To Start the Movie just press: "Starte Film" or "Film abspielen" (depending what the DVD Label will use)
For the Language Menue press "Sprache auswählen".
For the Extras press "Extras" or "Bonusmaterial"

Easy
Also, any German DVD I've imported has had the option at the outset of the menu to select either English or German menus.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Also, any German DVD I've imported has had the option at the outset of the menu to select either English or German menus.
Let me guess: You imported the Power Rangers BoxSets?

Yeah they were made especially for Fans arround the World - but sadly they didn't sell to well and we'll never get a Boxset to Lightspeed Rescue (the last "good" PR Season)
Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
Cropsy
Banned

WOW, i gotta a all-region DVD player.
Cropsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
Alex
Foot Soldier

Pre-order! Oh yes! About $30 with shipping to Sweden

Yey for deleted scenes and alternate ending!

Collecting mostly TMNT comics, movies and games released in Sweden.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
Koi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexzien View Post
Pre-order! Oh yes! About $30 with shipping to Sweden

Yey for deleted scenes and alternate ending!
Anywhere else being sold? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #6
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

There is not enough profanity in the world to express how excited I am about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
1 Euro is $1.37 today, but it could be way more by the streetdate. But, just for this reason, I was recently thinking that maybe we should start a pool for this. One big order to import 'em and save on shipping, then a smaller shipping charge to send 'em to folks who want 'em in their collection. Perhaps charge a non-refundable 50% of the cover price as a deposit to get on the preorder. All that needs to be decided is who we entrust with this task. Me & Rose both have experience ordering from there, and I plan on getting an OT set from that country eventually (though I'll probably wait for Volumen 3). However, someone who does eBay sales a lot would probably be more capable than myself.

I'd be game for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #7
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Probably a stupid question, but Nickelodeon didn't have anything to do with this, did they?

Also, the second I know for sure this is legit and the deleted scenes/alternate ending are indeed in there, I'll definitely pick one up. Great news
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:15 AM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Probably a stupid question, but Nickelodeon didn't have anything to do with this, did they?
If you mean production-wise... well, I refuse to respond to that. But, if you mean, "did they get the movies in the buyout too?", I'm honestly not sure. That would make it a lot more reasonable that WB just hurried a Blu-Ray transfer out the door instead of waiting for all the amazing bonus material. But, if Winkler Films is the usual distributor for Warner movies in Germany, then I'd say, "no". Hud will have to answer that one for us though.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #9
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post

Also, the second I know for sure this is legit and the deleted scenes/alternate ending are indeed in there, I'll definitely pick one up. Great news
I can tell you its legit - I mailed the Winklerfilms about the Bonus and they told me that the got all of the Bonus Material when they acquired the rights to the Movie.
No, Nickelodeon has nothing to do with it! Winkler Film is an austrian/german independent DVD Label who releases Movies which do not have a german owner.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
I can tell you its legit - I mailed the Winklerfilms about the Bonus and they told me that the got all of the Bonus Material when they acquired the rights to the Movie.
No, Nickelodeon has nothing to do with it! Winkler Film is an austrian/german independent DVD Label who releases Movies which do not have a german owner.
Ah, awesome thanks for clearing that up I assumed Nick had nothing to do with it but I just wanted to make sure. It would've been a nice way of saying "dont worry, we know what you want. youre in good hands" if they had arranged this, but whatever
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #11
Nelson
Stone Warrior

This is good news. However I may ask, does it truly include an alternate ending? As I iunderstand it, the ending would be the same, they would just include (separately) the scene that comes afterwards, in the comics company. The original ending is the only one that exists, where Shredder falls down the building, April and Casey kiss, the turtles dance, etc.

The only bad thing about this release (besides from being a Germany-only release) is that the new scenes will probably look very different from the rest of the film (grainy, with faded colors, etc,) so making an extended edition with final cut wouldn't result in a smooth looking and sounding movie...

Last edited by Nelson; 02-11-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
However I may ask, does it truly include an alternate ending? As I iunderstand it, the ending would be the same, they would just include (separately) the scene that comes afterwards, in the comics company.
...thusly rendering the official ending no longer the ending in a hypothetical 'extended cut'. Hence, "alternate". I can't even see the nit you're picking at here. You sure you aren't just imagining it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
[insert half-baked plan here]
I'd be game for this.
Thanks for the support, but I hadn't really thought that out. For such a thing to be worth the trouble, we'd need X number of units ordered (I'll do the math later), and I'm currently waiting for this item to be listed as an import on the Amazons of other countries' to determine if it would actually be cheaper after shipping. So, it's taking me a lot of restraint not to preorder right now, but check with me again in two weeks. Still, it's looking like I'll just have to order so many, then eBay off the duplicates at a minimum bid that won't go over all that well with the casual eBayer.

Last edited by gobo; 02-11-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #13
Cowabunga Kiefer
Hench Mutant

Location: Born in Nashville, now I live in NYC. No TMNT sightings yet...
Very cool. I'm just curious about the alternate ending.....how could it end in any other way? Ha ha. Shredder wins this round, Danny gets shot in a drive-by, and Michael Bay adds explosions?
Cowabunga Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
This is good news. However I may ask, does it truly include an alternate ending? As I iunderstand it, the ending would be the same, they would just include (separately) the scene that comes afterwards, in the comics company. The original ending is the only one that exists, where Shredder falls down the building, April and Casey kiss, the turtles dance, etc.
Correct. It would technically be an "Extended Ending," not an "Alternate Ending."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #15
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Some News on the german DVD:
A Friend of mine got a Pess Release Version of the DVD and has made a Preview for an austrian DVD Website and I asked him if he also could give some Infos on the Bonusmaterial:
Audiocommentary: The Commentary was made especially for the german DVD Release - he greets the audience in german but then continous to speek english about the film
Deleted Scenes: There are 2 Scenes - Both are alternate Cuts from 2 actually Movie seen: The first being about Michelangelo ordering a Pizza in the Sewers, the second being an alternate Cut of the Turtles fighting the the Foot in Aprils Apartment
Alternate Ending: It is the alternate ending which was posted on Roselangelos ninja Pizza Blog!
I got some Pics from him to proof it in the Attachment!

I cannot wait for March ^_^
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sb08.jpg (44.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg sb10.jpg (46.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg sb05.jpg (58.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg sb01.jpg (47.6 KB, 68 views)
Old 03-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #16
gobo
Wacky Action

Lettin' you cats know, I ordered 5 of them. I expect them here by the 20th to the 25th. That's one for my collection, and four for other collectors (US residents only, please) who don't mind waiting an extra week or two in order to save 10 whole dollars. So, that'll be $25 even. Making a solo order direct from Amazon.de would cost you 25,76 Euros to ship to the US. Current exchange rate puts that at $34.95. So, I made this work after all. Paypal only while supplies last.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #17
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

I hope this gets released here soon, I remember that alternate ending from the novelization and LOLing hard at it, so seeing it would be great.

Gobo, you would do that after I just spent $100 elsewhere on DVDs.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:43 AM   #18
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
Gobo, you would do that after I just spent $100 elsewhere on DVDs.
Only one of the four has been requested so far, so you still have a chance. I somehow doubt these will sell all that quickly. I'll update here when they're all taken. So, you still got a chance (assuming you actually would be interested in owning one). Also, if there's enough demand for it, I may even do another order of five for the same price in the future.

I've done my best to put together this offer to only break even. My profit will be in fanboy karma. Now that I think about it, I believe this makes me a Turtle Saint. ^_^[/TMNT OVA 1 reference]

Old 04-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #19
AcidBurn30
Foot Soldier

im glad im taking German class...im so going to love this. The original ending when April shows the art work of the turtles and turtles are being the window of the city, that boss said something to make mikey upset and he jumps to his death but as a joke..
AcidBurn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:45 AM   #20
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidBurn30 View Post
im glad im taking German class...im so going to love this. The original ending when April shows the art work of the turtles and turtles are being the window of the city, that boss said something to make mikey upset and he jumps to his death but as a joke..
Actually Mikey lost his grip on his ledge which causes him to fall from his position.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd releases, live action films