The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Collection Photos

Notices

Old 01-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #241
TMNT82
Thug

Beautiful collection and I really love that dinosaucer prototype! Is it made of resin and heavy? Prototypes are crazy expensive but lots of fun to collect. Thanks for the share!
TMNT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #242
Lionheart3239
Random Punk

Very Nice Update to your collection!
Lionheart3239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #243
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

First of all WOW this is an awesome setup. I really like what you have done making your office a toy room so you can enjoy it around you as you work. Right now I'm currently working on the same thing since I work out of my house most of the time. I've got my office actually built with walls and carpet but now comes the hard part is trying to figure out what cases and shelves to buy to make sure everything gets displayed.

Secondly where did you find that brick wall paper? I might have to steal your idea on that one to go behind my TMNT shelves.

Lastly have you ever gone to any small shows in the Milwaukee area? There is one coming up at a school I saw on Craigslist. Looks to be a comic and toy show. I live about hour and a half north and was thinking about making the trek down.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #244
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Turtles View Post
Absolutely love your collection and display. The Technodrome display is just amazing.
Thanks - once my wife and I move in a couple years I plan to build a multi-tier display which will include a much more intricate Technodrome display

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT82 View Post
Beautiful collection and I really love that dinosaucer prototype! Is it made of resin and heavy? Prototypes are crazy expensive but lots of fun to collect. Thanks for the share!
Actually it is a painted test shot so I labeled it incorrectly. With that being said, it is not heavy nor made of resin. The limbs, tail, & head are soft plastic while the torso is hard. It was the the last step had these gone to production and the official releases from Brazil mirror this style. Prototype or Test shot it was expensive as hell but no regrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
First of all WOW this is an awesome setup. I really like what you have done making your office a toy room so you can enjoy it around you as you work. Right now I'm currently working on the same thing since I work out of my house most of the time. I've got my office actually built with walls and carpet but now comes the hard part is trying to figure out what cases and shelves to buy to make sure everything gets displayed.

Secondly where did you find that brick wall paper? I might have to steal your idea on that one to go behind my TMNT shelves.

Lastly have you ever gone to any small shows in the Milwaukee area? There is one coming up at a school I saw on Craigslist. Looks to be a comic and toy show. I live about hour and a half north and was thinking about making the trek down.
I may not have a BUNCH of time but let me know if you need ideas. Ive designed a few rooms and find it to be a lot of fun. I'll see if I can find the website itself or receipt for the wallpaper. This is the second time Ive bought it for a room and always forget the site. I still have a lot left and if it would be enough, I could always sell you a roll or two.

I've gone to Mighty Con a few times as well as another comic show that just happened recently. I went to Madison Comic Con last year also. I try to make it to some shows but I don't always succeed. What show is coming up that you're talking about?

P.S. - update coming shortly...

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:13 AM   #245
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

DINOSAUCERS ITEMS
Spoiler:

I dont think I posted this yet. The last figure I wanted to replace my crappy copy for a good copy with was Ghengis Rex. This is in great condition compared to my original which was riddled with paint wear and no tail. the limbs, head, and tail are soft rubber which caused many of these toys to have a lot of wear from play. Even storing them and bouncing them around in a box would cause the paint to rub so Im happy with this pick up and finally completing the 5 figures. I only need 1 weapon for my set of 5 to be 100% complete.

Spoiler:

I had one of these but I now have 2 of the 4 US release VHS tapes

Spoiler:

This is the top page of a 150-180 page Production Writing/Art style guide. In my 15 years of pining after owning Dinosaucers items I never stumbled upon one of these and Im just thrilled with the content. Could very well be the only one that still exists since nobody really ever kept anything from this show. Along with the Test Shot this is up there with my favorite things I have.

Spoiler:

There aren't many collectibles available for this show so I figured Id try to obtain my own by getting some autographs from voice actors or other people involved with the show. I haven't reached out to many yet but before the New Year I spoke with John Stocker who voiced the two characters you see in the image above. He also voiced Stay Puft in RGB, Toad in Super Mario Brothers, and many more. This is my first of hopefully many autographs I obtain from people involved in the show.

REAL GHOSTBUSTERS ITEMS

Spoiler:

This is REALLY Cool. All of this, excluding the Ecto1 cel which I already owned came from the private archive of Will Meugniot, who served as series director and was also a story board artist for TMNT on various episodes. This was an eBay find. He listed the top 4 RGB Reference Model Sheets and included everything else as extra (4 ghost model sheet including slimer, a COA and drawing he did on the cardboard.) Really thrilled to own these and I plan to get the 4 GB, Ecto, and Slimer all custom framed eventually.

TMNT ITEMS
Spoiler:

Some very cool secondary character Model Sheet Cels

Spoiler:

Being the primary caretaker of our daughter means I dont have a lot of free time. I've got a lovely stack of IDW TMNT Books that need Bagged & Boarded which i'll get around to eventually.

I hope to update again soon but I dont know when. Seems like I only get time every 2 months or so.

Either way enjoy

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
Old 01-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #246
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
I may not have a BUNCH of time but let me know if you need ideas. Ive designed a few rooms and find it to be a lot of fun. I'll see if I can find the website itself or receipt for the wallpaper. This is the second time Ive bought it for a room and always forget the site. I still have a lot left and if it would be enough, I could always sell you a roll or two.

I've gone to Mighty Con a few times as well as another comic show that just happened recently. I went to Madison Comic Con last year also. I try to make it to some shows but I don't always succeed. What show is coming up that you're talking about?

P.S. - update coming shortly...
Well right now I'm trying to decide if I should try and get some of those shelves you have that have the glass doors or just try and do all custom shelves. My largest collection is an almost complete 82-94 GI Joe. With the large vehicles and playsets that is going to he difficult to plan for. I also need to leave room for TMNT and Star Wars. It's about a 13x13 room and I just don't think I'm going to fit everything.

This is the con I was talking about. It's called Milwaukee Comic Con put on by Mighty Con. Looks small but we don't have a lot of stuff here in WI.

http://geekinccomics.com/mighty-con-milwaukee-wi/
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #247
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
Well right now I'm trying to decide if I should try and get some of those shelves you have that have the glass doors or just try and do all custom shelves. My largest collection is an almost complete 82-94 GI Joe. With the large vehicles and playsets that is going to he difficult to plan for. I also need to leave room for TMNT and Star Wars. It's about a 13x13 room and I just don't think I'm going to fit everything.

This is the con I was talking about. It's called Milwaukee Comic Con put on by Mighty Con. Looks small but we don't have a lot of stuff here in WI.

http://geekinccomics.com/mighty-con-milwaukee-wi/
Well the cabinets I have are pretty standard and because they're not built to the room often waste some potential space. I do however feel unless you do a diorama type display, glass shelves are the way to go. I love them.

Yup mighty con. I've been before and I enjoy the show. I'm hopefully going to that show.

Check out my collection!
Old 01-05-2016, 02:15 PM   #248
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
wow, very cool additions dude

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:21 PM   #249
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Cool RGB items! Ghostbusters is my core collecting interest and it's always cool to see RGB cels. I had a TON of model sheet drawings and reference that I picked up from an animator a few years ago, including a pencil Ectomobile model sheet that was used in a lot of marketing pieces. I sold/traded most of it over the years, but wound up keeping a cel from the 2-minute promo with the more Bill Murray-esque Venkman, along with a cel of the haunted tan suits from the Citizen Ghost pilot ep and one of the Terror Dog appearances. Fun stuff! Congrats on the score! I dig your collection!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #250
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist

What kind of lights/lighting do you use? Anything special?
Old 01-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #251
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Cool RGB items! Ghostbusters is my core collecting interest and it's always cool to see RGB cels. I had a TON of model sheet drawings and reference that I picked up from an animator a few years ago, including a pencil Ectomobile model sheet that was used in a lot of marketing pieces. I sold/traded most of it over the years, but wound up keeping a cel from the 2-minute promo with the more Bill Murray-esque Venkman, along with a cel of the haunted tan suits from the Citizen Ghost pilot ep and one of the Terror Dog appearances. Fun stuff! Congrats on the score! I dig your collection!
Very cool you had all that. I'd love to see the cels you have left. I've bought more then I've sold but there's a thing or two I wish I hadn't sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoggleKng View Post
What kind of lights/lighting do you use? Anything special?
Honestly no. I need to upgrade but I'm gonna wait a few years. Everything I have now are the puck LEDs. My big white cabinet I installed a kit of 3 and my 3 black cases came installed from the guy I bought them from with 2 each. All 3 black cases are connected to one switch though. When i move in a couple years I don't want to hold back with lighting/ displays much since it'll be my final planned move. I want to build my display cases from scratch and hardware all the lights. Have lots of it too. I never have felt my lighting was adequate.

Check out my collection!
Old 01-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #252
Davin
Stone Warrior

TMNT ITEMS

Some very cool secondary character Model Sheet Cels[/QUOTE]

Nice. I was bidding on these as well. I did manage to snag the other Triceraton.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #253
Flesh is food
Random Punk

Sweet collection

Were you ever able to track down volume 4 issue 29? That thing is seriously elusive.
Flesh is food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #254
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flesh is food View Post
Were you ever able to track down volume 4 issue 29? That thing is seriously elusive.
Oh yeah it's somewhere in this thread but I got it about 2 years ago I think. The Mirage portion of my collection is 100% complete. Every issue, printing, variant and error.

Check out my collection!
Old 01-24-2016, 01:14 PM   #255
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Great collection. Nicely displayed.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #256
Flesh is food
Random Punk

Awesome. I'm keeping and eye out for one. Need 29 and 30 to finish my vol 4
Flesh is food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:35 AM   #257
Pxndx
Hench Mutant

Can I have your dinosaucers?
Pxndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:34 AM   #258
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxndx View Post
Can I have your dinosaucers?
Yeah whats the address Ill be shipping to?

Check out my collection!
Old 02-13-2016, 07:36 AM   #259
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
Yeah whats the address Ill be shipping to?
You're joking right?
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:49 AM   #260
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
You're joking right?
nope never

Check out my collection!