The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-03-2015, 10:39 PM   #21
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I guess I have seen both shows, but I was so young, I mean preschool age I barely remember them and seemed to have melded them together. Aside from the earliest Nick Jr. stuff I really don't know what would be in Nick pre-1991 with the launch of the first three cartoons. Salute Your Shorts and the Christine Taylor featured Hey Dude stood out to me more and had a longer syndicated run into the late 90s' despite being like 26 episodes each.

I read up on it after I read your post Wildcat, it seems the guys just went there separate ways. Maybe Kel is bitter for Kenan getting picked and him not and thus Kenan will have ongoing success while he just got a few bit parts. Its a shame. I admit I always preferred Kenan even as a kid, but I hoped for more for Kel since he is a nice guy and a hard worker.

It is kind of funny what Nicktoons were able to get away with in Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life with bits and pieces and others shows while other networks had some restraint on them. Like how comedic elements chock held TMNT in particularly 1990-1992(seasons 4-6) while most of this was airing.
Well I don't think Kel is bitter. He seems more disappointed they drifted apart.

I loved Salute your Shorts and Hey Dude. The cast of both have made recent appearances at conventions. There's interviews and a sort of reunion of Hey Dude from last year. Should be on YouTube but you could just Google it.

I live like a few hours from where Hey Dude was filmed. There's a youtube video showing the set still exists out in the desert but the buildings are broken down. Its cool but sad to see it a mess.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #22
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Didn't Nick sell the rights of Doug to Disney? How would they be able to continue with that series if so?

Didn't Klasky Csupo go out of business? I haven't watched those new Rugrats specials or whatever they had going after that do I don't know how that'd work. If they did a reboot they'd have to get rid of Kimmy and Dill right? I'm sure the original fan base wouldn't mind that as they blame those two characters for the decline in quality later seasons.

I don't know how they could reboot Aahh Real Monsters either like some are requesting due to that.

I'd love it if they could give the Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius an actual proper conclusion but from what I understand the Animation studio shut down. I wasn't exactly impressed with Planet Sheen's Animation from what I saw. Though I wouldn't mind if they gave Planet Sheen a conclusion either, TV movie or whatever, leaving Sheen on a planet for low ratings LOL.

I'm glad they are going through with that Jungle film, makes me happy that they finally doing it. I'd rather it end with that though, no reboot meh.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #23
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Didn't Nick sell the rights of Doug to Disney? How would they be able to continue with that series if so?
Yeah, think so. I used to like watching Disney's Doug as well as the original back then. I guess I just had no preference over them. I liked that they aged and stuff and that things changed in the town...like what happens in real life.
Quote:
Didn't Klasky Csupo go out of business?
I guess another company would have to take over. I forgot Klasky-Csupo went out of business. Didn't the couple divorce or something?
Quote:
I haven't watched those new Rugrats specials or whatever they had going after that do I don't know how that'd work.
There were specials? lol I just know about the AGU series. I liked it for what it was and ironically, during the original run of Rugrats, I used to wish that they would age them up. lol
Quote:
If they did a reboot they'd have to get rid of Kimmy and Dill right? I'm sure the original fan base wouldn't mind that as they blame those two characters for the decline in quality later seasons.
I don't think so. I think people were growing bored of the show in a general sense. I know for me that was the case. I was starting to grow bored of Rugrats way before the first movie...but to be fair, I was in my teens at that point so that was probably why I was getting bored of the series. I had no problem with Dil or Kimi, actually. For AGU, I favored both, ironically. lol
Quote:
I don't know how they could reboot Aahh Real Monsters either like some are requesting due to that.
Yeah, this is another show I couldn't see properly being brought back.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:05 PM   #24
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Nickelodeon is planning a crossover film featuring the classic Nick toons in a film similar to "Who Framed Roger Rabbit": http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exc...ossover-movie/

Quote:
Now more than ever, the intense wave of 1990s nostalgia is at its height, with a slew of upcoming TV shows and movies planned to capitalize on the collective desire for a return of these cherished properties. Just this week even, Nickelodeon announced a plan to reboot ’90s favorites in a fresh new way.

Well, it’s time for millennials to rejoice, because the beloved Nickelodeon cartoon series of the ’90s are making a return in the biggest way possible. Sources exclusively confirm to The Tracking Board that Paramount Pictures is in the early stages of developing a massive live-action/animated crossover film featuring characters from hit ’90s Nick cartoons. Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold!, Rocko’s Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, and more are coming together for what’s being pitched as a Justice League or Avenger’s-esque team-up film called NICKTOONS.

Citing The Lego Movie, Space Jam, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and Wreck It Ralph as influences, Nicktoons is poised to follow a similar model, employing a hefty amount of self-referential humor and charm.

Our sources say that Mary Parent is leading the charge on this one, working with the studio to develop and lock down the rights to the individual series. Parent and Cale Boyter are producing the pic via their shingle, Disruption Entertainment, which signed an overall deal with Paramount this past March.

Parent of course has a proven track record with adapting Nickelodeon cartoons into successful features, having produced this year’s Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water. Nickelodeon Movies, which is a subsidiary of Paramount, is also producing, while Elizabeth Raposo will oversee for the studio.

Paramount is currently in discussions with different writers, looking for the perfect scribe to tackle a project balancing such immensely beloved properties.

Naysayers ought not to fear, as our sources say that the creators have no intentions to bastardize or update the characters unfavorably, only to create a fun adventure reuniting audiences with the treasured cartoons in an exciting new approach, pleasing old fans and creating new ones. Though, creators have to tread lightly, as they run the risk of making another Rugrats Go Wild, which was an ill-received and poorly conceived crossover that just didn’t mesh.

In this reporter’s opinion, news of the project is mind-blowing, but it’s that kind of crazy where the film could potentially be the best thing ever. Though all the included series haven’t yet been ironed out, we’re hoping Catdog, Ahh!!! Real Monsters, and Doug are also invited to the party, because that would be awesome.

—TO SEE ALL THE PROJECT DETAILS

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:16 PM   #25
Wildcat
Foot Elite

That sounds pretty cool. Still would like to see some of the shows themselves return like Rocko.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:24 PM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Most intrigued by the suggestion of "You Can't Do That on Television." That's really old school Nick right there - the grandfather/mother of the entire Nick slime concept. I could see a new version of that working.

I wouldn't mind seeing "Out of Control" come back either. Maybe Dave Coulier can host it again.

As for the old Nick cartoons... eh. Depends on how it's done I guess, I don't imagine it ever being as good as the originals. If they have a Nick Jr. channel for the youngest set, why not make a Nick Sr. channel for older viewers with all the now "retro" stuff?

Personally, before considering reboots of shows I'm no longer invested in, I'd rather see what I actually love - that being TMNT - given a bit more consideration in the scheduling and promotion first. I liked Rugrats, etc, but they could never hold a candle to the Turtles. Rugrats already tried that second series which was just "ok" imo.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

Holy sh*t, that's pretty crazy.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:29 PM   #28
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

All I want to see is just a CGI/Live Action Reptar wrecking everything in sight for AT LEAST 15 Minutes, with the Nicktoons trying to stop him. I don't even care how crazy that sounds, I've wanted to see this in a film ever since I was a kid, just like that one episode of Rugrats "Runaway Reptar"! GIVE US REPTAR, VIACOM!!!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #29
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Looks like it's NOT revivals but a MAJOR Crossover movie!!!

Crossover city ahoy!!!

Quote:
The film, called Nicktoons, will include the casts of Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold!, Rocko’s Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, and even more characters that have yet to be revealed. The creators plan to maintain the integrity of the original characters—the only difference is that they'll all team up in an Avengers-style crossover that's sure to blow every 90's kid's mind.
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...ovie-nicktoons
Old 09-05-2015, 11:10 PM   #30
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Most intrigued by the suggestion of "You Can't Do That on Television." That's really old school Nick right there - the grandfather/mother of the entire Nick slime concept. I could see a new version of that working.

I wouldn't mind seeing "Out of Control" come back either. Maybe Dave Coulier can host it again.

As for the old Nick cartoons... eh. Depends on how it's done I guess, I don't imagine it ever being as good as the originals. If they have a Nick Jr. channel for the youngest set, why not make a Nick Sr. channel for older viewers with all the now "retro" stuff?

Personally, before considering reboots of shows I'm no longer invested in, I'd rather see what I actually love - that being TMNT - given a bit more consideration in the scheduling and promotion first. I liked Rugrats, etc, but they could never hold a candle to the Turtles. Rugrats already tried that second series which was just "ok" imo.
They used to have Nick Gas which aired old game shows and Teenick has the 90s block but hardly shows the live action stuff.

Rugrats/AGU is in a unique situation and I haven't seen Disney's Doug but Rocko shouldn't need a reboot. It could just pick again with new storylines.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:38 AM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Wow! A crossover movie? Sounds interesting. I liked Rugrats and Doug was okay though I never watched a lot of it. Never liked Rocko or Ren and Stimpy.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #32
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I have no idea how that's going to work, Beavers mixed in with Rugrats will be really weird LOL.

I hope they can get a lot of the VAs back for this and maybe some of the shows writers back from the other shows.

Poor Chickie will be freaking out all the entire film.

I'm still wondering if they can work with Doug, I mean Disney still has the rights to it.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #33
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Looks like it's NOT revivals but a MAJOR Crossover movie!!!

Crossover city ahoy!!!

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...ovie-nicktoons
I still would rather have Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie to bookend the series, but...
Old 09-06-2015, 11:50 AM   #34
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Now a crossover movie is a great idea, this will be a huge nostalgia blast, hope Doug makes it in but somehow doubt it since Disney owns the IP I think. Yeah didn't really want revivals of most of these. I still think a CG Rugrats reboot could work.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:15 PM   #35
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

cool

I came here to post about the crossover. Good stuff. I wish it was in addition to the jungle movie though. Lots of shows deserve a proper conclusion.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:38 PM   #36
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This movie sounds like a love letter to kids who grew up in the 90s as well as a fun movie for kids today. I don't think this movie will be like Rugrats gone wild since that movie tried to put two different universes grounded in reality. Counting their influences for this movie are Who Framed Roger Rabbit/Space Jam and Wreck it Ralph I don't think they'll actually try to make a movie that's grounded in reality, it'll be a wacky but fun story not meant to actually have say Hey Arnold be in continuity with Rocko for example so yeah Aaah! Real Monsters will surely bet here as will all of K-C toons which AFAIK is still a company and they were looking into getting a new Rugrats show a few years ago. Doug is still owned by Disney so sadly he won't make it in, I hope they sneak in at least a reference there since he was a big part of what Nicktoons were.

I also think this movie might serve as a revival one or two of these franchises for better or worse.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:59 AM   #37
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I wonder if they will get as many of the original voice actor back? I mean tommy frm rugrats is gonna soud strange without E.G. Daily voicing.

I am all for more Ahhh Real monsters, still love that show now.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #38
THGhost
Puppet Master

They should bring back The Angry Beavers. Sure, they cancelled it because it broke one of Nick's rules, but that's all in the past now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Perhaps they could use the Rugrats revival to retcon AGU?
Yes please!

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #39
senpai
Stone Warrior

I think we can all agree that Hey Arnold! was by far the most superior cartoon on Nick way back when. That one deserves the revival or it can continue to RIP. Either way it wins.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:09 PM   #40
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
I think we can all agree that Hey Arnold! was by far the most superior cartoon on Nick way back when.
Nah, we can't all agree on that.