The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

If you could have three new episodes of old TV shows...

Let's say you are given the chance to watch three new episodes of any show, ever. You can split your episodes into different series if you like (i.e. 1 episode of The Sopranos, 2 episodes of Friends, for example). Which episodes would you go with and why?

(Don't overthink it. Actors who have aged or who might have passed since airing, it doesn't matter.)

Smallville
Mainly because I feel like this show more than any other helped shape me into who I am the most. And if I had it my way, I'd have it an old school episode, like the first 2 seasons. Highschool drama, meteor freak, the standard Smallville shenanigans. I'd eat it up like apple pie.

Dead Like Me
I'm hesitant to give it this show because when it came back with a movie 5 years after cancellation, instead of answering several unresolved storylines it instead opened up a slew of new ones. But that's why I'd give it one more. Tie everything up as neat as possible so I can get some closure.

I'm tempted to go with some other shows for my remaining episode: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Undergrads, TMNT 2k3... but for my last episode I think I'm gonna go with...

The Simpsons
Yes, the show is still on but since this is a dream scenario, I'd like to see one more episode done while the show was still in it's prime. The earlier seasons remain one of the most quotable and referential series in pop culture so seeing just one more is almost guaranteed comedy gold.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Constantine
At least fix the Cliffhanger Ending that NBC Screwed us out of

Any of Bruce Campbell's 1 season tv shows. Cause he is Bruce Campbell

the 1994 Spider-man Cartoon
cause it needed a proper ending.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Full House (back in the day), Frasier, Breaking Bad, & Twin Peaks (current).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy

Last edited by Powder; 11-04-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Excluding TMNT, I guess? I would have loved 3 more episodes for any of the TMNT cartoons when they were in their prime.

Overall I'm not sure. Nearly everything I watched had proper conclusions or endings. I think having 3 more episodes for Batman: TAS when it was in its prime would have been cool.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Gravity Falls, Over the Garden Wall, Wander Over Yonder

And while it's still a running show, just...three more Cult of Skaro episodes on Doctor Who. Y'all wasted the best Daleks on one of the worst storylines of that era.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 11-04-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #6
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Sarah Connor Chronicles.

-Such a HUGE cliff hanger is no way to end such a cool series.

The Middleman

-They never got to film the season finale, so I'd love to give them the chance.

Carnivale

- Season two was so fast paced compared to the show burn off season one, so I'd give them some more episodes to flesh some stuff out more.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
newfan
Mad Scientist

Well, I had and am having more X-files but would have included that otherwise.

Smallville had a good 10 year run and concluded nicely but still, smallville.

I also am thinking Buffy even though that also ran it's course and concluded, I'd watch an episode special if it came on.

What else...... not sure, I used to watch Charmed but that finished up after a long run too, I watched Sarah Connor Chronicles also...(I agree about that cliffhanger Plastron) ... I'll get back with the 3rd choice.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:42 PM   #8
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
My picks? Hmmm.... I'd say maybe a proper ending to Spider-Man TAS, or a few more episodes of Gargoyles. Preferably during the Avalon arc or before Hunter's Moon. I miss the clock tower.....

Otherwise, I think I'd like to have gotten a better send-off for Sleepy Hollow, or a few more eps of APB, Minority Report, or Almost Human. All shows that were canceled far too soon.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #9
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Sarah Connor Chronicles
The Incredible Hulk (1977)
Cowboy Bebop
Batman: The Animated Series
The Spectacular Spider-Man and Spider-Man Unlimited
Star Trek (something to fill the gap between TOS and TMP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

The irony is something like Dragonball Z concluding in 1995/1996 and people wanting new episodes for years, and aside from some specials, GT and a few movies...there was an 18 year gap between new material.

Dragonball went from a finished franchise in the mid-90's and now Super has 113 episodes and counting. All those people who prayed for a new Dragonball series got exactly what they wanted, and then some.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think I'd rather have 3 episodes of a show that had a huge cliffhanger than 3 more episodes for a show I loved more but had a decent albeit not perfect finale.

So I need to think about it for a while, some shows had open ended finales that worked well even if not perfect like say Krutch's favorite Undergrads which is mine as well, same with other shows like Teen Titans, etc.

I would prefer shows where it was absolutely needed but like I mentioned I need to think about it to have a better list. I mean right now I can think of a few 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, Pirates of Dark Water, Exo-Squad, war planet, reboot, Super-Human Samurai Syber Squad, VR Troopers, Beetleborgs, The Next Mutation, Avatar The Last Airbender, Invasion America, Cybersix,

A weird mix of shows here, I'm sure there's a few obscure ones there that many of you haven't seen that I would highly recommend though there's also stuff there that I think only I can enjoy. I'll write a better list of only the worthy another day.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:54 PM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

Tru Calling: Yeah remember this show starring Eliza Dushku? It got cancelled in the 2nd season or something. So yeah, 3 more episodes of it, please. Always wanted to know how it would end.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:14 AM   #13
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I think some shows need to have at least 1 reunion season or movie to show what the characters lives are like now.

Friends would definitely be one. I never watched Joey so I don’t know if it elaborated at all but even so they need to get together again...in character.

King of Queens. They had kids so I’m sure there’s something they could come up with. Kevin can Wait brought James and Remini together again but the humor seems forced. They’re not the same characters anyway. They might as well have just brought back KoQ.

Everybody loves Raymond. It ended fine but it would be great to see an update. Marie and Frank passed away but if it focused on Ray and Debra annoying thier own kids that could be funny. There was talk of a Robert spinoff.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:20 AM   #14
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Friends would definitely be one. I never watched Joey so I don’t know if it elaborated at all but even so they need to get together again...in character.
Joey was alright. Unfortunately the supporting cast never really came together as a whole and the show never took any risks. I always thought they should have focused more on his acting career instead of focusing on his family life.

As far as Friends references go, I remember him name dropping Chandler once and referencing Rachel's pregnancy in another, but that's about it. It's really it's own thing, and I think it kind of suffered for it.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:41 AM   #15
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I can only remember bits of Joey, myself.

Mostly where his nephew finds out his mother was a teenager when she gave birth to him, Joey being upset that he's not "getting married or having babies", and "Hey, I can see the 'ollywoo' sign!"

There IS a new season of Friends coming out next year, though , covering the "ten years later" of the characters. Should be cool to see Emma and the twins as older kids, if they can find a way to fit stories around them.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:06 AM   #16
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I would kill someone in front of their own mother for 3 new episodes of Spec Spiderman

Also I want to see the Chrollo/Hisoka fight animated and 3 episodes seems more than enough
Old 11-05-2017, 01:45 AM   #17
Wildcat
Foot Elite

There’s not going to be a new Friends season. The last rumor was fake. Just looked it up.

Lisa Kudrow mentions why would they (the characters) get together again since they moved away from each other...so we’re supposed assume they stopped being friends because they separated? No. I know she probably didn’t mean it that way. Just writing off rumors but still.

I’m gonna assume there will eventually be a Friends reunion based on its popularity and out of a lot of shows it’s the one that makes the most sense.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:57 AM   #18
Chris
Mad Scientist

So many!

Smallville - let's have 3 episodes set 7 years later (2018 ), let's see Superman & Lois take on President Luthor (I'm hopeful we may get this on Flash given Tom Welling's recent comments about being open to a guest appearance and the timing being perfect)

TMNT 2K3 - Turtles Forever showed what they can do with 3 episodes so let's have the Shredder War they teased at the start of BTTS

TMNT 2K12 - the finale was ok but it would have been nice to have a present day finale arc before the time jump

Constantine - just to get a proper ending (and maybe an Arrow crossover as well, just because!)

Human Target - loved this show, just so much fun to watch. It was a real she they only got 2 seasons

Batman/Superman Animated Series & Batman Beyond - who wouldn't want 3 more each if these?

Star Wars Clone Wars - ok 3 episodes is no where near enough for all the missing stuff but if we could stretch to 4 that would be enough to give us the finale arc - Seige of Mandalore!

Highlander - 3 more episodes from when this show was in its prime would be amazing, I'd also like 3 episodes set now just to see how all the characters are doing

The Musketeers - great show, wish BBC had done more than 3 seasons
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:02 AM   #19
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
There’s not going to be a new Friends season. The last rumor was fake. Just looked it up.

Lisa Kudrow mentions why would they (the characters) get together again since they moved away from each other...so we’re supposed assume they stopped being friends because they separated? No. I know she probably didn’t mean it that way. Just writing off rumors but still.

I’m gonna assume there will eventually be a Friends reunion based on its popularity and out of a lot of shows it’s the one that makes the most sense.
Part of me would love to see a reunion but part of me thinks it's a bad idea, it would be like trying to recapture lightening in a bottle and I'm not sure they could pull it off. Like when they brought back Only Fool & Horses after making them millionaires. They had to break what was a perfect ending to try and recapture the old magic and they never quite succeeded. It seemed like a great idea to have 3 more episodes but once we got them most people wished they'd left it alone.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:33 AM   #20
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
TMNT 2K12 - the finale was ok but it would have been nice to have a present day finale arc before the time jump
It did say older shows but yes this for me if we are going outside that. A good TV movie with these guys.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote