The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 07:53 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

#ChangetheChannel

So yeah, this has been snowballing for a bit now. Over the last several weeks, Channel Awesome, home to the Nostalgia Critic, has imploded, the #Changethechannel movement listed a string of grievances citing several accounts of gross mismanagement and other seedy business.

Most of CA's existing staff have turned in their notices in the past week, and now it transpires that the late Justin Carmicheal, aka Jewwario, had raped several women

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChannelAwes..._jewwario_now/

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 04-13-2018 at 09:55 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Wow, JewWario was a rapist...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I've watched some Nostalgia Critic and also that guy who reviews the comics. But I confess I never heard of JewWario. I never knew that ChannelAwesome was such a big umbrella.
Sad to hear about these awful things.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:12 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I've watched some Nostalgia Critic and also that guy who reviews the comics. But I confess I never heard of JewWario. I never knew that ChannelAwesome was such a big umbrella.
Sad to hear about these awful things.
I mostly watched 'em for Spoony, NC, Angry Joe, Cinema Snob and Linkara (the comic book reviewer), but I tired pretty easily of a lot of them, plus Joe's reviews got substantially less "angry" and he became more of a shill. Linkara's still the only one to have any edge to him
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

ya in the past week Linkara Mike J Angry Joe Suede Diamanda Hagan Blockbuster Buster Chris Stuckmann The Rocked Guy among others fled Channel Awesome.

I just unsubscribed from Channel Awesome last night. There two not Apologies did it for me they need to get there heads out of there asses. Also seeing Angry Joe leave helped. I am still a fan of Tamara Malcolm and the other guys just lost a ton of respect for the Walker Bros.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 04-13-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

We kinda covered this over here but I suppose it should have it's own thread.

But ya; I'm enjoying watching the fallout happen since I'm so unattached to anything on Channel Awesome. Feel kinda bad for the fanbase, though.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I was a long time fan, but yeah, once the news came out about JewWario and that they knew all along.... that's all she wrote for Channel Awesome.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #8
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I was wondering if this would pop up at some point here. Kind of weird as my feelings are slightly mixed on this since I've been into TGWTG since about 2009 or so. I still can't help but wonder how all of this will play out and if any of them will make a video addressing the claims and the failed attempt at an apology. It seems the document was made as a way for the higher ups at CA to improve themselves before their 10-year-anniversary special (still surprised they didn't let Joe know about it). ERod gave his reason as to why he left, which was interesting. He left mainly because of that second non apology. He had issues there, but not as bad as other contributors and had positive things to say about Doug...but yeah, I suggest checking out ERod's video. He was the Blockbuster Buster guy there and the thign that sucks about his content is that it was only on CA's site. He doesn't have a YT channel or anything for that content.

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, since that is the case, CA should've been showing his videos on their YT CA channel. This is the problem with CA, they didn't promote the other users as well as they should've. Those like Blockbuster Buster, MikeJ, and GuruLarry are good examples of this.

The stuff regarding the sexual allegations with Justin is still a bit of a shock. I feel so sorry for his family having to hear this news, the victims he allegedly victimized, and those who were good friends of his who just found out this information about him. Kaylyn (Marzgurl) was terribly teary. She did a tribute project to him after he died. I met her a few years ago when she and my friend visited Japan. I did my best not to ask anything regarding CA, but did compliment her on her Japanese whenever she uses it. Sucks we never had the chance to go to karaoke.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #9
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
He had issues there, but not as bad as other contributors and had positive things to say about Doug...but yeah, I suggest checking out ERod's video. He was the Blockbuster Buster guy there and the thing that sucks about his content is that it was only on CA's site. He doesn't have a YT channel or anything for that content.
He has two Youtube channels, one for his Blockbuster Buster/Honest Reviews stuff and the other is for his more personal stuff. So thankfully, as far as I know, none of his content was lost.

I don't have anything to add other then parroting everyone about how unexpected and sad this whole situation is. It's an unbelievable coincidence that starting last year due to boredom I actually started rewathing most of the old ThatGuyWithTheGlasses videos and just finished this February. I had a lot of fun...but I'm glad I did it when I did because I don't know if I can rewatch the old crossover movies or even the Nostalgia Critic himself now after all that has come out and happened. I'm happy that the majority of former Channel Awesome producers have managed to find success without the site and will continue to watch them for as long as they make me laugh, but it's just such a shame that any of this had to happen in the first place.

In another odd coincidence of timing Lindsey Ellis, formerly known as the Nostalgia Chick, released a three part review of the The Hobbit trilogy that really does hit close to home after the the controversy with Channel Awesome.

Even if you've never watched the Hobbit or Lord of the Rings movies, I highly recommend it if you have the time.