The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-10-2015, 07:20 PM   #61
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's okay to not know things, dude. You only look like a dope when you try to cover it up.
I was being sarcastic. I already own the party wagon at the time of that post and I knew biotroid was canceled.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:55 PM   #62
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Can someone rename this 'Playmates canceled 2016 thread"

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #63
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Hopes for TMNT 2 Movie toys (hopefully we'll see some at Toy Fair in February):

Bring back the Classic figures for adult collectors. Just go all in, give us all four turtles, bebop, rocksteady, shredder, splinter, casey, april.

If not? Well, I hope Revoltech or some other Japanese company will make us some good versions of the new movie stuff.
Additional toys: the new Foot soldier, Foot cycles, Bebop and Rocksteady motorcycles, Turtle Garbage truck for the basic figures and then an RC version that shoots sewer lids (like the shellraiser in the Nick toy line), Rocksteady and the Tank, Mikey with a Skateboard, Redone Nick Sewer Playset to look more movie like with graffiti and junk seen in the movies (background for ground level could have the dimesional portal showing up above a building like in the trailer), role play sets for the good guys and bad guys, Donnie, Casey, Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady face masks, and well.................

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #64
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
Additional toys: the new Foot soldier, Foot cycles, Bebop and Rocksteady motorcycles, Turtle Garbage truck for the basic figures and then an RC version that shoots sewer lids (like the shellraiser in the Nick toy line), Rocksteady and the Tank, Mikey with a Skateboard, Redone Nick Sewer Playset to look more movie like with graffiti and junk seen in the movies (background for ground level could have the dimesional portal showing up above a building like in the trailer), role play sets for the good guys and bad guys, Donnie, Casey, Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady face masks, and well.................
Well I like all that too but I was trying to be somewhat realistic!

When I said Classics figures I mean the huge 6" scale figures they did with tons of articulation. It's harder to do vehicles and stuff in that scale, although I would love to see that happen.

Those are some of the very best figures Playmates has done since Nickelodeon bought TMNT and I don't think they even realize it. Or maybe they don't care? Afterall they discontinued the line for some reason.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:50 AM   #65
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Yummy, can't wait for new B&R figures.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:21 AM   #66
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Well I like all that too but I was trying to be somewhat realistic!

When I said Classics figures I mean the huge 6" scale figures they did with tons of articulation. It's harder to do vehicles and stuff in that scale, although I would love to see that happen.

https://www.manofactionfigures.com/s...l910801alg.jpg

Those are some of the very best figures Playmates has done since Nickelodeon bought TMNT and I don't think they even realize it. Or maybe they don't care? Afterall they discontinued the line for some reason.
Oh, well, I kind of misunderstood, sorry. The way the sentences appeared to me looked like two different thoughts at the time and then my creative ideas took over (Bring back the Classic figures for adult collectors. Just go all in, give us all four turtles, bebop, rocksteady, shredder, splinter, casey, april.). I thought, at the time, that the sentence beginning with "Just go all in" was talking about the movie 2016 stuff. I wasn't even thinking anymore and I just had to get ideas on the page. When that happens, reality doesn't come into play. My ideas just had to flow.

On the "Classics" thought process, I had come up with almost a whole line of figures in which it started things over and made the scale consistent and had a planned 80 something figures plus BAFs and weapons for those BAFs. Vehicles never came to mind for this line as toy companies that cater mostly to kids don't seem to throw a lot of vehicles into the mix for adult collector related 6 inch figures (That TIE Fighter made for the Star Wars is $170 and is so big it would be better used as a coffee table). The main vehicle though that should be made should be an accurate Turtle Van (as accurate as one could get considering the inside of the van was inconsistent from episode to episode) and maybe a Foot Cruiser.

Last edited by darthwahl56; 12-14-2015 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:49 AM   #67
DVD
Mad Scientist

Not sure wether to stick this here or 2015, but as I'm on holiday and won't pick them up till the 5th January... Here will do.

Unless seen elsewhere, here are the next three Mutations.

I have a shlew of pics sent to me on this set.
The transformed Turtles look better (in my opinion) than their non-transformed, sorry, non-mutated states.
Again tho, another incomplete set of Turtles. No Don yet again.

As an aside, have the 11" Space Suit DX Turtles been issued yet - I have not seen them at all and it's a set I am anxious to get a hold of.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 05:27 AM   #68
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Not sure wether to stick this here or 2015, but as I'm on holiday and won't pick them up till the 5th January... Here will do.

Unless seen elsewhere, here are the next three Mutations.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...023/image.jpeg

I have a shlew of pics sent to me on this set.
The transformed Turtles look better (in my opinion) than their non-transformed, sorry, non-mutated states.
Again tho, another incomplete set of Turtles. No Don yet again.

As an aside, have the 11" Space Suit DX Turtles been issued yet - I have not seen them at all and it's a set I am anxious to get a hold of.
i gotta say it
transformers, turtles in disguise.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 06:05 AM   #69
DVD
Mad Scientist

Haha. I tried hard not to say it myself.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:55 AM   #70
Prototype
Foot Soldier

I wonder it the Turtle to Vehicle will be a bigger success
than Pet Turtle to Ninja Turtle and Turtle to Weapon.
Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 10:55 AM   #71
Ninjinister
無問題

Again no Don?
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #72
cloud
Stone Warrior

The turtle mutating into vehicles was a cool idea back in the vintage line. As long as the mutate into vehicles from the show like the Shellraiser or T rawket.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 06:37 PM   #73
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
The turtle mutating into vehicles was a cool idea back in the vintage line. As long as the mutate into vehicles from the show like the Shellraiser or T rawket.
Looks like the Stealth Bike, a patrol Buggy (sort of) and an AT-3 from the box images.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #74
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

oh boy more Mutation figures that will just clog the shelves
Old 12-25-2015, 07:17 PM   #75
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Cool Turtle-Formers, now where is Don as a Shellraiser? Leaving Don out again makes me know we will never see an evolution set of him, then again TRU is the only one that had his car and interactive figure.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #76
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Playmates is really doubling down on these mutations figures. This morning for Christmas our son opened 21 nick Tmnt figures and not a single one was a mutations figure as we generally pass on them. We got the turtles to mutant ones and very little else and that was more about the nostalgia.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 07:25 PM   #77
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyp View Post
Playmates is really doubling down on these mutations figures. This morning for Christmas our son opened 21 nick Tmnt figures and not a single one was a mutations figure as we generally pass on them. We got the turtles to mutant ones and very little else and that was more about the nostalgia.
Damn! 21 figures?! I never received that many figures all at once for a Birthday or Christmas. That kid should be very happy with what he received

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Yes, they have been out for about two months.

Last edited by darthwahl56; 12-25-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:58 PM   #78
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Yeah but like 12 of them were turtles variants (all 4 of the head dropping turtles, all 4 of the space turtles, 2 mystic turtles, savage Mikey and turflytle) so some were more impressive than others. Basically all the figures that came out this year we stockpiled for today. The figures like Baxter stockman, karai, monkey brains, mondo gecko, fugitoid, dregg and mozar were the big hits. Also he got Napoleon and mutant shredders.

Not a single mix and match in the lot though
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #79
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Playmates is convinced that if they cram enough of the Mutations crap and the Mis n Match dreg down our throats we'll eventually cave, but basically all they're doing is ensuring I have more money in my pocket for other stuff I'm working on.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:15 PM   #80
DVD
Mad Scientist

Hm. I missed the boat on the 11" DXs then. Time to start making some calls.

Here are the backs of the packs for the Turtleformers.
The Turtles mutating to, well Turtles is a cool set (at least you get all 4 turtles)
Then the mutating vehicles to, well vehicles are neat, but we only got 3 vehicles. Granted the final one wasn't specifically marketed as a Mikey vehicle, but it's coloring indicates Mikey (so I put a spare Hot Rod Mikey at the wheel). And of course no Don. The Turtles to weapons is a neat idea but I find those the weakest set. And no Don. Then we have this latest set. This is my favorite set, and again - no Don.